Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Any Word.doc experts?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Any Word.doc experts?

Old 09-11-2017, 16:16   #1
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Any Word.doc experts?

My wife is involved with a local events committee and has been making up some flyers for this years Christmas Lights switch on etc.

Some of the flyers have been changed to pdf's but she has one Word.doc that for some reason has carried the original header onto a second page.

She has been unable to remove the second page so it is causing problems for printing etc.

does anyone have any ideas as to how to remove this 'extra' bit?

I have attached a screen dump of the top of the pages as the appear on screen when opened.

Jim.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Word doc problem.jpg (59.7 KB, 27 views)
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2017, 16:23   #2
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Any Word.doc experts?

I suspect that there's some "white space characters" on the first page, enough to make Word start the next page.

Go to the end of the last line of text on the first page and hit the <del> key a few times to remove them. Probably <CR>'s

HTH
Old 09-11-2017, 16:34   #3
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Need to be certain before I start deleting her work.

Not had much time to look at it but from what I can see it looks as though she has managed to enter the first two lines as a header, outside the preset margins of the page if that makes sense??

---------- Post added at 15:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
I suspect that there's some "white space characters" on the first page, enough to make Word start the next page.

Go to the end of the last line of text on the first page and hit the <del> key a few times to remove them. Probably <CR>'s

HTH
Just to be safe I made a copy of the original before I started messing around with it and your suggestion worked a treat, many thanks.

You will be her Hero for sure.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:52   #4
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Near the top of word is what looks like a fancy "P", press this and it shows all the hidden items "Spaces, carriage returns etc".

This will enable you to delete safely.
Old 10-11-2017, 15:04   #5
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Well worth knowing that, thanks for the info.
Old 10-11-2017, 22:54   #6
MaccLad
cf.member

MaccLad is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that your heading will not be replicated onto the 2nd page if you check the option "Different First Page" under Header & Footer Tools. Initially it will still show up on 2nd page, but you can then delete the header text on 2nd page.

Alternatively, just delete the headers entirely, and put it all as text in the main body of the document.
MaccLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 00:23   #7
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Matthew has reached the bronze age
Matthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze age

Other option when you save it to PDF, file save as PDF just select page 1 in the options.