Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV (2024)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin TV (2024)

Old 30-01-2024, 11:24   #106
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice
Re: Virgin TV (2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Sky already has sky sports NFL and sky sports arena on the channel numbers they give on their own website. 407 and 408.
Which is why Sky acquired 412....for EPG reshuffle of their channels.

Sky Sports Arena is showing Swansea City v Leeds United on 13th February for example.

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 ----------

Tiny Lop linear channel closing on 20th March
https://www.c21media.net/news/tiny-p...-only-channel/

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 30-01-2024 at 12:19.
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-01-2024, 11:26   #107
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

As this is a thread on Virgin TV, I wouldn't know about satellite numbers. The article clearly states two new channel numbers for cable.
Old 30-01-2024, 14:18   #108
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
As this is a thread on Virgin TV, I wouldn't know about satellite numbers. The article clearly states two new channel numbers for cable.
Quote:
I am a Virgin Media customer. What do I need to do?
The Sky Sports Tennis channel will also be available on Virgin Media.

Virgin customers can find Sky Sports Tennis HD on channel 520 and Sky Sports Tennis SD on channel 537.
I think Virgin Media will move Sky Sports Tennis again at the later date.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2024, 19:24   #109
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
They could add music FAST channels to Channel 4 app though & other platforms

They launched their first FAST channel in the UK in December
https://www.channel4.com/press/news/...t-mafs-live-uk
Indeed. It would add value to the app and be a relatively cheap way of distributing channels which are also relatively cheap to playout. Exactly what Paramount has done by adding MTV channels to their Pluto app. So, it raises a question why Channel 4 hasn't done this with the existing Box channels. I wonder if it might have something to do with the Bauer branding. It might be better to launch fresh, new channels without the cost burden of brand licensing. It will be interesting to see the eventual outcome.

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
I think Virgin Media will move Sky Sports Tennis again at the later date.
It would be difficult to extend the existing range of Sky Sports channels without clashing with the Eurosport channel range. Then it becomes an issue if one broadcaster has their channels demoted to add a competitor's channel. Moving out Sky Sports News HD or Sky Sports Racing HD to 537, with a minor reshuffle of existing Sky Sports channels, could give a tidier layout, assuming Sky are happy with that. Otherwise, it will just have to wait until Virgin decides to do an EPG clean-up and reshuffle for the Sport genre.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2024, 00:32   #110
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
It's an additional channel. Dunno where you get the rebrand idea from
where is sky sports mix going to then? it looks like the channel is replacing that? channel 520
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2024, 01:00   #111
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
where is sky sports mix going to then? it looks like the channel is replacing that? channel 520
Virgin Media only broadcasts Sky Sports mix in HD and that channel is on 510
Old 31-01-2024, 08:22   #112
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

A load of new channels have been added to my Stream box - far too many for me to check individually right now. But at quick glance, entertainment, +1s, movies, music etc. So presumably all the ones that had subscription codes added recently.

The Sky Sports UHD channels are also listed, though not currently available to subscribe to through the Subscriptions app.

Last edited by Inactive Digital; 31-01-2024 at 08:25.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2024, 10:59   #113
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
A load of new channels have been added to my Stream box - far too many for me to check individually right now. But at quick glance, entertainment, +1s, movies, music etc. So presumably all the ones that had subscription codes added recently.

The Sky Sports UHD channels are also listed, though not currently available to subscribe to through the Subscriptions app.
It will be up to 152 new channels added to your box overnight

https://mediaboyukblog.blogspot.com/...in-stream.html

If my list is missing any channels let me know via PM.
Old 31-01-2024, 11:32   #114
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
It will be up to 152 new channels added to your box overnight

https://mediaboyukblog.blogspot.com/...in-stream.html

If my list is missing any channels let me know via PM.
I've had another quick look. It seems pretty much every channel on 360 is now on Stream - except for: Sky Sports SD, MUTV, LFCTV and the non-BBC radio stations. Haven't been able to check the adult channels.

It looks like Stream could be being geared up to become VM's primary TV offering, especially given the XGS-PON rollout. Now, it just needs some cloud recording!

Last edited by Inactive Digital; 31-01-2024 at 11:44.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2024, 14:04   #115
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Clearly I've missed something here, VM have a streaming service ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2024, 14:17   #116
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Clearly I've missed something here, VM have a streaming service ?
https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/stream £35 set up fee.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2024, 14:22   #117
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Sky Sports UHD bolt on is now listed in Stream checkout page for £7 per month.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 31-01-2024 at 14:34.
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2024, 14:53   #118
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Has it got Talking Pictures and That's TV?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
I've had another quick look. It seems pretty much every channel on 360 is now on Stream - except for: Sky Sports SD, MUTV, LFCTV and the non-BBC radio stations. Haven't been able to check the adult channels.

It looks like Stream could be being geared up to become VM's primary TV offering, especially given the XGS-PON rollout. Now, it just needs some cloud recording!
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2024, 14:59   #119
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Has it got Talking Pictures and That's TV?
Yes.

See my early post for link for list of channels launching on Stream boxes today

*I did not know about Sky Sports UHD Channels launching.
Old 31-01-2024, 16:09   #120
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them

Apologies if already mentioned, but is Sky history plus 1 closing down? As its showing as not available from tomorrow
dodgem22 is offline   Reply With Quote