Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Film: London Has Fallen

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Cloverfield sequel! 10 Cloverfield Lane

Old 15-01-2016, 18:12   #1
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Cloverfield sequel! 10 Cloverfield Lane

The most unlikely of sequels released in March.

10 Cloverfield Lane.

I haven't got a link, google it. The trailer is out there.

Starring John Goodman.
Old 15-01-2016, 18:16   #2
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Cloverfield sequel!

Here we are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saHzng8fxLs
Old 15-01-2016, 19:25   #3
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Cloverfield sequel!

Why 10 Cloverfield Lane?

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

When I saw Cloverfield it cost me 2 things, 1) The food I'd just eaten (I get motion sickness), 2) My PAYG phone, I guess I lost it the same time as my lunch

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

April 8th in the UK
Old 15-01-2016, 19:27   #4
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Cloverfield sequel! 10 Cloverfield Lane

Surprised the hell out of me. Looks interesting.

Some are saying it may not be a sequel as such, more a cousin, it will sure to have penty of twists and may not be what were are expecting at all. Have even seen it mentioned that it was meant to be a 'Misery' type film. Which does seem to be hinted at in the trailer.
Old 15-01-2016, 22:24   #5
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

My take on it.

It's obviously set in a fall out shelter of some sort.

I expect the bulk of the film will be set in the shelter and at the end we go outside to see the world post the Cloverfield field monster, however that looks.

iIRC they did drop a nuke on the Cloverfield monster, so that would be enough to drive nearby residents into their shelters.
Old 15-01-2016, 23:44   #6
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I think this will be set during the same timeframe as the first movie but in a different location, so neither a prequel or sequel but rather a different perspective.

Quote:
My take on it.

It's obviously set in a fall out shelter of some sort.

I expect the bulk of the film will be set in the shelter and at the end we go outside to see the world post the Cloverfield field monster, however that looks.
That's probably the best guess at present
Old 16-01-2016, 03:44   #7
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I hope to be wrong here but I'm not feeling much excitement about this. I enjoyed the build up to Cloverfield, the marketing was very clever and the film turned out to be pretty good. I'm not always a fan of handheld 'found footage' type movies and I felt one of the key parts of it (the object falling in the sea) was too easily missed.

I'm even less a fan when the original is found footage but the sequel is a traditional 'produced' film like this. No hint of a plot so far (other than "we are stuck going crazy in this bunker but don't go outside" which doesn't excite me at all) and not even the presence of John Goodman is making it feel worthwhile yet. Clearly they're making a different type of storyline, again I hope to be wrong about it but I'm feeling pretty 'men' right now about Cloverfield 2 (or whatever).
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2016, 09:32   #8
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

From what little I have read about the plot/story it is being called a 'Blood relative' so it is related to the Cloverfield movie but its not being called a prequel or sequel.

So it is set somewhere in the same universe and timeline as the first film.

Goodman appears to be holding the girl prisoner and making sure she doesn't leave as well. So it sounds like that may take a dark turn.

Of course we could all be getting misdirected in a big way. That Shelter part may only take up the first hour or part of the film.

They also did a really good job of keeping the film hidden. Calling it something else entirely so as not to raise suspicion.
Old 17-01-2016, 17:01   #9
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

The storyline seems pretty much to be in the aftermath of the events of Cloverfield and a place where the 'real monster' with be one or more of the characters stuck in the basement (and maybe not Goodman).
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote