Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Botched upgrade to Vivid 300 from Gamer 200

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Botched upgrade to Vivid 300 from Gamer 200

Old 08-11-2017, 16:48   #16
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all
Re: Botched upgrade to Vivid 300 from Gamer 200

Out of curiosity, is it something the Executive Office could override?
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2017, 09:52   #17
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexxeh View Post
So who can put me back on the correct code? Presumably /somebody/ can, even if a first line agent/sales or whoever can't.

I was promised an email by the complaints manager putting it in writing that I'm no longer held to contract since they're not providing the appropriate service, but that hasn't materialised.

Also my direct debit was taken for the new plan amount, and the cost of a new Superhub 3, even though they were credited back and changed back. So a £72 direct debit taken even though I'm £90+ in credit. Madness... of course, nobody on the phone seems to know what to do and there's no way to actually get hold of somebody in the complaints department who called me.
The real problem here is the definition of "correct" code. There are other, better ways to solve your particular issue than putting you on an old code that's no longer active on the system. Believe me, you'll likely just end up with issues down the line as that code was taken off for a reason, e.g. you might get automatically moved to another one anyway.

My advice to you would be to contact the CEO's office, they'll have a lot more power to get you sorted - but it's unlikely they'll provision an old code just for yourself.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:53   #18
Hexxeh
cf.member

Hexxeh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
The real problem here is the definition of "correct" code. There are other, better ways to solve your particular issue than putting you on an old code that's no longer active on the system. Believe me, you'll likely just end up with issues down the line as that code was taken off for a reason, e.g. you might get automatically moved to another one anyway.

My advice to you would be to contact the CEO's office, they'll have a lot more power to get you sorted - but it's unlikely they'll provision an old code just for yourself.
If putting me back on the old code isn't what I should be aiming for, what is?
Hexxeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:15   #19
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

a discount applied to your account for the next 6-12 months depending on how long they say any planned upgrade work is going to take until 300/350 is available in your area. You can't get 300 now, they cant put you on 200 gamer, so seeming as though you are the one losing out due to their negligence and they cant give you what you agreed to contractually (or better) and you are now worse off, the only thing they can do is compensate you for it financially.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:48   #20
Hexxeh
cf.member

Emailed CEO office yesterday, got a callback just now: all sorted, I'm back on the old 20mbit upload package. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 29-11-2017, 11:38   #21
Hexxeh
cf.member

So I got a message from the forum team regarding the fault recorded in my area, they mentioned the network team had reported it was now resolved.

Lo and behold, I'm now connected to a shiny new Cisco CMTS with 24 downstream channels and 4 upstream channels, not the old River Delta 10/2 channels.

Does this mean I might finally be able to actually get 350mbit soon?
Old 29-11-2017, 11:42   #22
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

if you can't then there is something very wrong
Old 29-11-2017, 11:55   #23
Hexxeh
cf.member

Web order system is still letting me attempt a 300mbit upgrade, but it did before and it didn't work. That said, last time I did get provisioned "correctly", but the CMTS was having none of it. Wonder if it's worth another go?

Only problem is I guess I'll have to go back to the CEO's office again if it doesn't work...
Old 29-11-2017, 12:34   #24
General Maximus
Ran Away

yup and this time I would do it at your own risk. You are assuming it was the cmts stopping you from having the upgrade last time so if you request the upgrade again and it doesn't work out then it is your fault and I wouldn't expect the CEO's office to help you again.
Old 30-11-2017, 10:53   #25
Hexxeh
cf.member

Yeah no dice: order got flagged and set for an installation date 30 days out. Called up to query and they confirmed despite what the site continues tell me, it's still not available.

How long does it typically take after an area has been upgraded to 24 downstreams for the higher tiers to become available?
Old 30-11-2017, 11:59   #26
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexxeh View Post
Yeah no dice: order got flagged and set for an installation date 30 days out. Called up to query and they confirmed despite what the site continues tell me, it's still not available.

How long does it typically take after an area has been upgraded to 24 downstreams for the higher tiers to become available?
I've been on 24 down for a while now and 4 up for about 2 weeks and still no 300Mb available.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2017, 20:08   #27
General Maximus
Ran Away

once the upgrade work is complete somebody has to push some buttons on the computer to say that the area is now ready for xxx tier/speed. It normally takes a couple of days but who knows with VM.