Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 13-12-2017, 12:55   #3631
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

It was only a matter of time sadly for some before the cheap meal ticket ran out.
Old 13-12-2017, 12:56   #3632
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I was reading more about the new packages on Sky's website.
Out of curiosity, are those only accessible to Sky customers, or for everyone?
Old 13-12-2017, 13:59   #3633
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Out of curiosity, are those only accessible to Sky customers, or for everyone?
The packages are available now to new customers. Existing customers will migrate from their current package to the new equivalent package early 2018
Old 13-12-2017, 14:24   #3634
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Yes, maybe that's what it is. I remember someone posting about Ride TV.

Just asked the person who gave me this info and he said that from what he remembers (it was years ago) a channel called Rural TV was on Freesat and got into financial difficulties.

In the end they teamed up with Horse & Country and put some of their programmes onto their Sky channel, in return Rural TV put some blocks of Horse & Country programming onto the Rural TV Freesat channel.

Does this tally with what you remember?

I can think of worse channels to put onto VM and I think that they show reruns of Black Beauty [COLOR="Silver"]
Yep. That's the one. They gave up on Europe & launched in the US for a while before merging with FamilyNet.

And they can re-run BB as much as they like (the UK made ones that is). Got the whole 52 episodes on DVD. OK so it was aimed at children & is a bit dated now, but due to its reputation at the time everyone that was anyone in the 70s wanted to be in it. The cast lists are an absolute gold mine of talent that moved on to much better things (John Thaw, Mervin Johns & Gwyneth Strong to name a few).
Old 13-12-2017, 15:02   #3635
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
There's still an EPG entry for the now closed Playboy on channel 979. I don't subscribe so can't access it, perhaps "Playboy" is a closedown slate that's on there??
Further details:

The original Playboy subscription channel is on SID 1709, the new service is on SID 1710. The new service is testing on 4 internal VM networks (present in the NIT). It is flagged as "hidden", parked on EPG slot 83, marked as being in the "Adult" category of the EPG and has active hours listed as 20:00 to 05:00. The pack codes show it as being included in the Playboy and Adult subscription packages.

As stated previously, the original service is currently marked as carrying the "channel off air" slate from 03:00:00 to 02:59:59.

Old 13-12-2017, 15:46   #3636
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

An Fox got tookover by mouse.

BBC News: Disney set to seal $60bn 21st Century Fox takeover

FOX UK to be rebrand as ABC 1?
Your TV to be rebrand as ABC 2?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42333452

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'm taking it you mean package changes
https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/ne...s_tv_packages/
Yes.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 13-12-2017, 16:03   #3637
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
An Fox got tookover by mouse.

BBC News: Disney set to seal $60bn 21st Century Fox takeover

FOX UK to be rebrand as ABC 1?
Your TV to be rebrand as ABC 2?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42333452

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:36 ----------

Yes.
Might be no rebrands, ABC1 used to broadcast in the uk a few years back on freeview i think.
Old 13-12-2017, 16:12   #3638
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Might be no rebrands, ABC1 used to broadcast in the uk a few years back on freeview i think.
ABC1 was also on Sky and Virgin Media.

We was think if The Murdoch family are keeping the name FOX for FOX News and FOX Sports in the America.

All the FOX branded channels outside America will need the new name.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 13-12-2017, 16:48   #3639
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
ABC1 was also on Sky and Virgin Media.

We was think if The Murdoch family are keeping the name FOX for FOX News and FOX Sports in the America.

All the FOX branded channels outside America will need the new name.
Be interesting to see what they do.
Old 14-12-2017, 00:42   #3640
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Lets wait for the expected Disney/Fox announcement tomorrow (Thursday) before we start the guessing game of what is going to called what.

Oh, sod it, I'll join in too, how about this "rebrand":

ITV -> ABC

---------- Post added at 23:42 ---------- Previous post was at 23:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Be interesting to see what they do.
Beyond channel rebrands/changes, I believe the direct impact of this on VM will be that John Malone will now seek to speed up the Vodafone deal, as discussed here:

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/s...8#post35928568
Old 14-12-2017, 00:52   #3641
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post

ITV -> ABC

Associated British Corporation?

What is this? 1960?

Old 14-12-2017, 01:00   #3642
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Lets wait for the expected Disney/Fox announcement tomorrow (Thursday) before we start the guessing game of what is going to called what.

ITV -> ABC
Um, Disney are buying Fox and 39% of Sky. They're not buying ITV.
Old 14-12-2017, 01:32   #3643
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
The packages are available now to new customers. Existing customers will migrate from their current package to the new equivalent package early 2018
I'm sure that this will result in some VM customer bills going up too as they won't be able to use the former Sky discounts as leverage.

If this happens, I guess the only way for those who wish to stay with the traditional suppliers and be able to obtain discounts will be to flip flop between the two to obtain new customer discounts. If VM ever reduced or stopped my discounts this is what I'd do.

As more channels go FTA and more and more cheaper streaming services become available, it does seem odd for their response to be to raise prices
Old 14-12-2017, 01:44   #3644
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Associated British Corporation?

What is this? 1960?
Everything goes in circles if you've been around long enough.

Seriously though, ITV and Disney have had a very long working relationship with each other. I guess most people are too young here to remember that "The Wonderful World of Disney" used to be a prominent part of ITV's schedule and Disney has been a direct shareholder in ITV companies from the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Um, Disney are buying Fox and 39% of Sky. They're not buying ITV.
I know. But just wait and see what happens in the future. ITV will not stay independent, in my opinion. If not Disney, then BT or someone else.

And before anyone says that sounds crazy, one of our major broadcasters (Ch5) is already owned by one of the Hollywood majors and I think, but not sure, that GMTV is one third owned by Disney still.

(Edit: Just checked and Disney sold its GMTV stake to ITV in 2009)

Last edited by Horizon; 14-12-2017 at 01:51.
Old 14-12-2017, 11:16   #3645
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

With the total Sky TV package becoming available trough broadband at some point next year I fear for VM tbh. Sky will wipe away all those unable to have a dish for whatever reason; including myself! If the discounts etc stop I will absolutely be thinking about switching to Sky.

On a technical point; there's no reason why I couldn't keep VM Boradband and then have the new Sky TV installed is there?. What I mean is (and I'm not great technically) is there any reason why the new Sky TV Broadband wouldn't work if i stayed with VM as the broadband supplier?
Closed Thread