Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Oscar Pistorius arrested after fatal shooting.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Oscar Pistorius arrested after fatal shooting.

Old 22-02-2013, 16:03   #46
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Oscar Pistorius arrested after fatal shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
The person on the other side of the door could just as easily do the same thing as Pistorius did.
He says he wasn't wearing his prosthetic legs and therefore any shots would have likely to have been above his head. After firing the shots he returned to the bedroom and even put on his prosthetic legs. That would have been the time when was at most risk, as he assumed that he hadn't missed whoever he thought he was aiming at.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-02-2013, 16:11   #47
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
He's just been granted bail
In my humble opinion he should have never be granted bail as that certainly would not happen in this country.
Old 22-02-2013, 16:24   #48
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
In my humble opinion he should have never be granted bail as that certainly would not happen in this country.
What has what would happen in this country got to do with the decision of a South African magistrate? We're not the colonial power, they can make their own decisions without reference to normal practice in English law.

As it happens, even people charged with murder here have the right to bail unless certain conditions are met that would give a judge reason to refuse.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 16:57   #49
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
He says he wasn't wearing his prosthetic legs and therefore any shots would have likely to have been above his head.
Which would only lower his height by 2ft (remember his racing blades are a lot longer than a standard prosetic.

Quote:
The bail laws in this country specify the following (highlighted part in red means that bail may be granted)

Quote:
Section 114(2) provides that bail may not be granted to someone charged with murder unless the court is of the opinion that there is no significant risk that, if released on bail, that person would commit an offence that would be likely to cause physical or mental injury to another person.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 20:48   #50
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

It's all really strange how it seems as though he's that much of a 'celebrity' that people over there don't care whether he killed her or not.
he's a bloody hero.

you get the feeling that even if he did kill her. he'll be let off because he's a bloody hero!
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 20:52   #51
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
It's all really strange how it seems as though he's that much of a 'celebrity' that people over there don't care whether he killed her or not.
he's a bloody hero.

you get the feeling that even if he did kill her. he'll be let off because he's a bloody hero!
I think he's a 'oops the word I used was blanked out', sorry, and gutted that he got bail. And if I want to make jokes about him I will, it doesn't take the sadness away from the deceased which I feel totally different about.

Each to their own.
Old 22-02-2013, 20:52   #52
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

No one has denied that he killed her, he's admitted to firing the weapon. What is in question is whether he murdered her or not.

As none of us know all of the facts I suggest that our opinions currently have no weight in the matter
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 21:12   #53
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Am I missing something or was she silent during the time she was being shot?
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 21:19   #54
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Am I missing something or was she silent during the time she was being shot?
The properties are quite well detatched. Unless the windows were open maybe no matter how much she screamed probably wouldn't have mattered. Though I reckon all this will come out in the actual trial.
Old 22-02-2013, 22:21   #55
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
The properties are quite well detatched. Unless the windows were open maybe no matter how much she screamed probably wouldn't have mattered. Though I reckon all this will come out in the actual trial.
Sorry I meant unless she was killed or rendered unconscious immediately, surely he would have heard her screaming and realised she wasn't a burglar.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 22:31   #56
peanut
NUTS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Sorry I meant unless she was killed or rendered unconscious immediately, surely he would have heard her screaming and realised she wasn't a burglar.
Ah right, yeah I agree, it does sound a bit odd. Unless he did shoot her in the head first maybe. As odd that if I heard a noise, I'd wake the missus up to confirm the noise which would also make sure she would be alert just in case. To just not bother checking her or waking her or just looking out for her is something I can't understand, it's just plain weird. Then go to the bathroom and shoot without at least shouting first.

A lot of questions that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense at the mo.
Old 23-02-2013, 00:19   #57
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

I predict an acquittal, not a massive stretch but I think he'll get off.
Old 23-02-2013, 11:50   #58
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I predict an acquittal, not a massive stretch but I think he'll get off.
similar to my feelings. saddens me media hysteria forgot the poor woman who been killed. Whether it was in spew of rage or innocent how does her family feel he out on the streets.

Think court got caught up in this he should never been treated any different than person down street. Think judge made error call to be honest. Whether he will do OJ simpson style runner I cant say. By all acounts he got temper. We saw glimpse like said when he went balistic in para olympics. He going have keep head down for the trial but worry he is accident waiting to happen.

I hope I am wrong but would not like be near him if losses it.
mertle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 09:07   #59
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Oscar Pistorius brother Carl also facing homicide trial.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21563911
Old 24-02-2013, 09:32   #60
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Oscar Pistorius brother Carl also facing homicide trial.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21563911
"Causing death by dangerous driving" I think we might call that here. It makes a good headline because the SA legal system calls it "culpable homicide", but let's not pretend its got anything to do with Oscar's trial. It's not connected and it's not in any way similar.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote