Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 249 18.91%
Generally OK 315 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.73%
Poor- they normally mess it up 239 18.15%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 241 18.30%
Voters: 1317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-03-2007, 19:27   #61
hansi
cf.geek

hansi is on a distinguished roadhansi is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneMc View Post
I didn't know the V+ service was included in the 3 for £30 package, as I have the 3 for £30

It isnt , it's £10 pm
hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-03-2007, 13:35   #62
scipio
Inactive

scipio is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to call them a couple of months ago due to the cable modem having problems with its upstream. The first time I got some Indian guy, who despite doing his best for us, it was a struggle to get the problem resolved, but he did eventually manage to sort it albeit temporarily.

The second time we got someone from Liverpool and it resulted in an engineer being sent out to replace the box, which is probably what should have happened the first time.

Now, I have nothing against the service provided by the Indian fellow, he followed whatever script he had been given and did his best. He was as technically able as I could expect anyone to be should I have to contact them about a problem. My only concern is that communication was a bit of an issue with the guy and it made the experience quite frustrating for both of us (I expect he was as frustrated with it as I was).

That in mind I have gone for the middle ground and voted that any time I have had to call VM it has been OK. This is because they should be UK staffed and not outsourced to India as:

1. It can be hard to understand them
2. It can be hard for them to understand us
3. It can be even more complicated to communicate when regarding a technical problem.
4. I do not support a policy of sending jobs overseas, train a bunch of neds to do the job properly and make them earn their cigarettes and alcohol instead, and hopefully give them the opportunity to instill a bit of pride in themselves which could make the country a slightly better place.
scipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2007, 20:17   #63
bobby.black
Inactive

Services: Sky. NTL 2Meg Unlimited SACM, base TV package and telephone for £21.
bobby.black is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to phone about broadband not working on a Friday night, rdy light not being lit on the modem. Got through within 3 rings, Indian guy with a heavy accent went through a check list. Every question seemed appropriate to my fault. Diagnosed as poor signal levels. Engineer booked for Monday, between 8 and 1 o'clock. He arrives, 9 o'clock, tests modem and cable, diagnoses fault in box in street. He can't fix this fault, will have to pass on. Thinks to myself another day missing internet. Notice an even bigger Virgin van parked in street at 10.30, thinks can't be for us! Twenty minutes later, a knock on the door, two Virgin Cable men politely inform me Internet should be working now, would I mind checking? All works fine 10 out of 10 Virgin. At least one happy customer!
bobby.black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 19:36   #64
Jade
Inactive

Jade is an unknown quantity at this point

Never had a problem with CS in all the years I've been with cable, initially Cable London, Telewest and now Virgin. Always managed to get through pretty quickly even at the end of February with all the problems over whether or not there was gonna be a new deal with Sky. Even speaking with people in India on occasion has never caused a problem. Overall I'm really happy with the service - just wish VM and Sky would sort out their differences and I'd be 100% made up!
Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 21:41   #65
sammy22
Inactive

sammy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

i cant really say i had a prob with ntl cusotmer service but since they became virgin media it has became top class. I lost my job recently and i phoned today to restrict some of my service. The man was really helpful and understanding and offer me phone and broadband for 17.00 for the next six months until i become employed again. not many other compnaies would do that top class keep it up.
sammy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 20:11   #66
beebeebob
Inactive

beebeebob is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i sent an email to complain about lack of subtitles on channel 4.they say they send the prog asthey get them.i have sent an email to ch 4 wating for a reply .send comments about subtitles
beebeebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:24   #67
AlanYork
Inactive

AlanYork is on a distinguished roadAlanYork is on a distinguished road

My billing credit has run out with VM now and I am free to leave at any time. I had a lot of credit put onto my bill for NTL's appalling service which I won't bore you with details of.

I've been offered a great package deal to stay with VM, it really is better than I would ever get from Sky. So I was persuaded to give VM one last try and much against my better judgement I agreed to give them one more month. I'd lost count of the number of incorrect bills I have had, it's got to the point where even the British staff can't work out what's gone wrong anymore.

Part of the offer was that there would be no repetition of the constant incorrect billing. I would get two correct bills a month and no more mistakes.

My broadband bill arrived the other day. Should have been for £17. Simple enough you would think. I opened it up.....it's for £19.46. Called up VM, spoke to a woman who could barely speak English. I don't say that for exageration, she really couldn't speak it well at all and kept calling me "Mr Alan". Alan is my Christian name. Eventually after insisting on speaking to somebody in customer services, the nice English lady looked at the bill and said she "hadn't a clue" as to why I'd been charged that.

At the same time, the Indian woman rung me on my mobile, asked to speak to "Mr Alan" again and then her next line was "I'm not sure why I've rung you Mr Alan".

I kid you not. You couldn't make this up. I don't even get angry anymore, it is pathetic, just comical. All they have to do is send me a bill for £17 for BB and a seperate bill which is the combined cost of my line rental, TV and Talk Unlimited 24, add on the cost of any international calls I make and there you are.

They just can not do it. They are not capable of doing maths that a first year pupil at secondary school could do. I don't know why, but there you are.
AlanYork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 23:07   #68
smucks
Inactive

smucks is a name known to allsmucks is a name known to allsmucks is a name known to allsmucks is a name known to allsmucks is a name known to allsmucks is a name known to allsmucks is a name known to allsmucks is a name known to all

Well I have had the chance to try the VM Support today.

I am not impressed it has taken 5 calls to try and solve a problem and in one call they disconnected me? thanks to the 5 th person I spoke I now at last have some head with an engineer booked.

So sorry to say looks like the same old system with another rebranded name
smucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2007, 13:14   #69
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

Well had another quick call for a small query on my bill (which was 99.9 percent correct which was a very pleasant surprise with all the teething problems I've heard about with billing and the new packages etc). Dealt with the most pleasant helpful CS man, who (once we'd sorted the problem) made sure I had no other problems either with the bill or services of any kind. They should all be so helpful. I left that conversation with a smile on my face.

To be honest I've had a few causes to call CS over the last few weeks to try and sort a fault with my TV connection and the V+ - which was finally sorted out last Wednsday (touch wood). ALL of my contacts with CS were very positive and helpful.

Also, ALL my contacts with techs and managers etc were very good. And the tech who finally solved the problem had been a few times and only lived about 10 minutes away from me. He made it his personal mission to solve the problem. In the end he decided that since he had the V+ with no problems and lived in the same cachement, it would be a good idea to test his own on my connection. So got permission from his manager (who joined him on the last occasion where they got it sorted) to bring his round and attach it to our point at the cabinet to see if he would get the fault on his (as they had all tried most everything else). Thank goodness it actually DID show up on his, so they tried moving the connection to another point on completely the other side of the cabinet (he had already moved it once, but stayed in a similar area of the cabinet) and that finally fixed it.

Through it all everyone from the CS to the techs, to their managers (who they had given me direct numbers for if the fault repeated) were all extremely helpful (and baffled), and I can't say enough good.

I know that it depends on who you get, but on the CS side I've had a dozen or so reps I've spoken to in both countries with no problem and I think I saw about 5 techs, one tech area manager and spoke to another tech area manager. Keep up the good work. I know it's not all perfect yet, but it's getting there. In the number of calls I've made I'd have expected one to be a bit of a hassle, but didn't have any. And with the techs I think we must have a really good crew in our area.
savvychels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2007, 20:50   #70
jailhouse
Inactive

jailhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

As the senior exec from Virgin said"customers are getting a crap service". After such a public announcement, you would have thought it (VM) would have made an extra effort to get things right. My gripe(s) are that since the NTL\VM merger services have gone to pot.

Paying for a top of the range TV package, now lost two channels on Sky 9 and 10, movies starting late afternoon instead of all day - bills frequently wrong

V+ box keeps breaking down, picture freezing, load "cracks" randomly sound off, recordings pixillate on playback -

BB connection of 10Mb continually drops to around 1-2 Mb during the afternoon and evening, game play stutters on X Box connection, media playback is rubbish.

On all these issues i have contacted VM support, ref the TV package and the films, nothing they can do the films are controlled by Sky, I ask them "You said VM would not be losing any film channels from our premier package, i would like a reduction" - Not possible as this is beyond VM control!

V+ box, need to replace the box, this was done, now even worse. Tech Dept will need to format the hdd, still no call back yet to do this.

BB - because i can download files from their test site i am OK (according to tech support) but i would like them to sort out the contention ratios for my area, so my son can play his xbox and i can surf the net. Why are VM so reluctant to say what their contention ratios are?

I am stuck with VM, as RB said, anyone wishing to cancel can do so without penalty before the end of March 2007, i was a fool and believed what the CS said about new and exciting things happening on VM, i am now stuck for another 10 months.

May VM go bust in the next 4 years as Alan Sugar predicts.
jailhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2007, 21:40   #71
MikeyB
cf.geek

Services: BT FTTP, Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat+
MikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud of

Called VM customer services for the 1st time on Saturday afternoon.

Dialled 150, message "5 minute wait"
Near enough bang on the 5 minutes and I was talking to a very polite young lady.
She understood my request, and actioned it there and then, I knew this as the modem rebooted just as I hung up.

So far, so good, 10/10 from me.
Just have to see what it says on my next bill, but going on how the call went I have a good feeling!
MikeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2007, 07:06   #72
Dungheap
Inactive

Services: 10 Meg V+ xl +2nd box 800 mins mobile
Dungheap is an unknown quantity at this point

I can honestly say I've never had problems with telewest/virgin. I've been a customer for 5 years at 3 addresses and all moves have been easy and on time as have been the upgrades.
As a reasonably heavy phone user I've found the 800 mins -anytime any phone- service very good, as I call a mixture of mobiles and landlines. This route costs £2 more than the vip sevice, ie £87 for home phone 800 mins, 10 meg bb, v+ 2nd box and xl with 500 mins any network and 1000 txts mobile at £40.
All this equates to £4.18 per day.

Though my son gave up on his service in manchester (ntl)
Dungheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:20   #73
devil
Inactive

Services: none
devil will become famous soon enoughdevil will become famous soon enoughdevil will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to devil

I am from technical support and a lot of times I am across the cmr service adviser calling up for our advice on issue they have to handle. It seems they are not thorough with the process and they are employed. Atlest they should be trained properly so that cmr don't have to move between different department. Just to information... Customer Services of NTL is one of the worst in country.
devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 18:25   #74
nfs6600
cf.geek

Services: All
nfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil View Post
I am from technical support and a lot of times I am across the cmr service adviser calling up for our advice on issue they have to handle. It seems they are not thorough with the process and they are employed. Atlest they should be trained properly so that cmr don't have to move between different department. Just to information... Customer Services of NTL is one of the worst in country.
It's a good job that ntl doesn't exsist anymore then really. Your slating the company that you work directly for. I don't understand why at all. There are other departments in the company that are alot worse that Customer Services. Our offshore centres comes to mind.

Also, customer services would never call you for anything other than a technical issue of which they are not trained to deal with
nfs6600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 19:41   #75
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Apart from having to wait ages to get through and then getting cut off so had to wait an age again I would say excellent. Once I eventually did manage to speak to someone they rang me back as promised at 9pm on Saturday night and then the engineer came and sorted it as promised Tuesday morning.

So big thanks to John (the engineer from Swindon Way) and the unnamed lady at CC who rang me back.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote