Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wifi printing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Wifi printing

Old 26-11-2017, 18:49   #1
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Wifi printing

I currently have a non wifi desktop and a Canon printer connected by usb. The printer is also wifi enabled but you can only use usb or wifi, not both at the same time.

I use ‘Print n Share’ on my iPad together with ‘WePrint’ server on my desktop and that works very well for printing from my iPad.

I will be purchasing a new Win 10 laptop in the near future and wondered if there are any Windows apps that I can use that would allow me to do the same with the new laptop wifi?

Jim.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-11-2017, 21:20   #2
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Wifi printing

IIRC you just install the printers software an look for it, you might need to put the printer into a discovery mode so it can be found.
Old 27-11-2017, 22:56   #3
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Will look into that, thanks for reply.
Old 28-11-2017, 09:39   #4
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

iadom, is that desktop connected to the internet if so just set the printer up for wifi and as you are connected to the router via cable you will still see the printer on your local network and in that way all your devices will be able to use the printer via your home network.
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2017, 10:55   #5
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Another possibility, thanks.
Old 28-11-2017, 17:08   #6
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I've had a couple of wifi printers and an expensive one at the moment but I think they are all crap had nothing put connection problems with them all the time.

This one I have now paid near £200 for and I can't get it to print wireless at all. was working for weeks then decided not to wireless print anymore
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2017, 17:43   #7
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

TBH that is why I was hoping to keep my main PC connected via usb. Just thought there might be some way to use the WePrint server app on my PC for the new laptop.

It does work really well in combination with the Print n Share app on my iPad.

Would it work if I created a Homegroup ?

Last edited by iadom; 28-11-2017 at 17:49.
Old 29-11-2017, 10:11   #8
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

what you can do is share the printer from your desktop, now I dont know if this would work on the ipad or other none windows devices.
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 10:26   #9
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Don't often print from the iPad but Print n Share + WePrint Server should still work with it.
Old 29-11-2017, 20:32   #10
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

I have a Canon MX45.. Windows 10 PC.. WiFi or USB ok... have no problems here.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote