Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2017/2018

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Season 2017/2018

Old 01-10-2017, 20:26   #466
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Season 2017/2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
I think I know the very player you need.
Alright l expect you to turn up tomorrow at 6 for your first training session trial and we will see if you measure up.
Old 01-10-2017, 20:29   #467
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Fair do’s...the player I had in mind was rather keen to get out of Liverpool anyway.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 20:31   #468
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Fair do’s...the player I had in mind was rather keen to get out of Liverpool anyway.
Well if one can double their money and be double the trouble then that sounds like a good deal to me.
Old 02-10-2017, 20:04   #469
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I've said this before, it's still early days and we've not yet had a proper 'big' test yet so I'm not getting my hopes up at the moment about United being 'back' but it does feel like the fear factor of the SAF era is slowly returning. I won't complain about that

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 22:01   #470
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Tickled me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-41473443
Old 04-10-2017, 01:09   #471
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Amanda Staveley holds takeover talks with Justin Barnes regarding the sale of Newcastle United. She's said to be looking at three clubs but has favoured Newcastle first. I can only assume in terms of what's already there and what can be built that the other two would surely be West Ham and Everton? West Ham makes complete sense and Everton to Liverpool are what City were to United beforehand.

She's not part of the NDA either, there's still two parties, Chinese and Middle Eastern in talks to buy the club.

Naturally if Amanda Staveley managed to acquire Newcastle they'd be backed by Middle Eastern money anyway. Again it's understood she's the buyer not the broker this time around and is being backed by multiple middle eastern investors to purchase a PL club asap. So keep an eye out for her at other grounds, give us some idea to which way the deal is going here.
Old 04-10-2017, 17:10   #472
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

More info as it comes.

Staveley and co want the takeover completed by December so they can unload in January. It's now believed she's being backed by investors in UAE and the state of Qatar. Staveley will be setting up a meeting with Ashley. Arab News are plugging the deal as a 'if the price is right it's done'

In non takeover news, Newcastle lost their high court appeal over the HMRC case and the investigation can now continue. It's still expected to be a massive botch job though

So er, Robinho to Newcastle in January at the ripe age of 33? £60 million? Or maybe Kaka? How's he doing? Be a weird position to be in for a change and not always a good position as seen with City's first season with money behind them. Robinho, Jo, Nigel De Jong. Zabaleta and Kompany were absolute steals but anyone could've had the pair of them.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 04-10-2017 at 17:21.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 20:46   #473
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Greed, nothing else

They really didn't like Leicester winning the Prem did they?
Old 04-10-2017, 20:48   #474
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Greed, nothing else

They really didn't like Leicester winning the Prem did they?
Thankfully l don't think it has a hope in hells chance of ever going through.
Old 04-10-2017, 22:00   #475
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

It might do. From what I understand over half the teams would actually receive more revenue. The idea may be to benefit the massive clubs but the solution is for 35% of the cash to be allocated by league position leaving less for those who finish towards the bottom but more for those above.

I'm split. Part of the strength of the Premier League is that the teams further down are more competitive than their counterparts in other leagues. Spain has the two huge clubs, then a couple of big clubs but by the time you get half-way down it drops in quality considerably. This is in part because the lower clubs have greater income due to the Premier League model.

On the other hand 35% being spread out on performance isn't a massive injustice especially since the top clubs have a point that it's they who are the draw for international audiences.

This is how the domestic revenue is shared out, partly on performance, why should it be different for foreign revenue?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 22:56   #476
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

A truly awful performance from England, I didn't realise Kane was even on the pitch until he scored.

Scotland have it in their own hands now as well, can't keep Liverpool defenders past or present out of the limelight ATM.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:04   #477
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
A truly awful performance from England, I didn't realise Kane was even on the pitch until he scored.
Well one will always want our national team to do well but one has to be in a state of delusion if they think we are going anywhere under Gareth Southgate and as for next years World Cup we have not got a hope in hells chance.

---------- Post added at 05:04 ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 ----------

Quote:
Scotland have it in their own hands now as well, can't keep Liverpool defenders past or present out of the limelight ATM.
Well your pink swallows seem to be generally in the headlines most days of the week Jim.

Your new avatar is very apt as well.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:04   #478
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post

Your new avatar is very apt as well.
Thanks Den, I get the swallow but TBH still haven't worked out why you insist on a pink one?
Old 06-10-2017, 14:19   #479
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

England are a work in progress according to Southgate. England have been a work in progress over the past 15 years and they've only declined as each manager appointed is worse than the last. Call me out of course but is there actually progress to be made? There's simply not enough games nor time to make 'progress' The Premier League is set up and plays out in such a way that it's one of the most tactically diverse leagues in the world and it reflects on the England team in which you're lucky to get pockets of players on the same page instead of an entire 11. I used to be cheerful and optimistic watching England but honestly that died off when Capello was essentially forced out of the job.

All Gareth Southgate can show is that there's very little interest in taking the England job. The persistence for an English or maybe British born manager only makes that pile ultra thin.

Said it before but England actually look worse without Rooney. For all the criticism he received through.
Old 06-10-2017, 18:37   #480
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Andres Iniesta 'signs' a lifetime contract at Barcelona, a day after a ludicrous rumour that Newcastle were set to offer £36 million for him. Not very well thought through by the person who started it, £36 million for a 33 year old player? alright.

Expect cack like this to continue throughout the current Newcastle takeover situation. As I said above, Robinho and Kaka next.