Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 20-11-2012, 15:56   #1441
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Sky magazine tax loophole saved broadcaster up to £40m a year

Quote:
Satellite broadcaster saved millions in VAT by charging Sky customers monthly fee for cable guide magazines
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012...e-tax-loophole
Old 23-11-2012, 17:01   #1442
pk1
cf.addict

Services: Sky Fibre Max Broadband, Sky Telephone, Sky Q 2TB
pk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Well Sky is back in , new EPG loaded and On Demand set up on to 1 tb box, like the way you can record programmes from BBC iPlayer into your planner.

Got DRX890 500 gb box for multi room. Will this get new EPG also?

Loving the iPad app for Sky+ , sorry it's a lot better than the Tivo one.

Sorry Virgin I tried to like your TV service but I needed to "believe in better" you may pay a bit more for Sky but it is worth it.
pk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 17:09   #1443
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1 View Post
Well Sky is back in , new EPG loaded and On Demand set up on to 1 tb box, like the way you can record programmes from BBC iPlayer into your planner.

Sorry Virgin I tried to like your TV service but I needed to "believe in better" you may pay a bit more for Sky but it is worth it.
Your multiroom should already have it , maybe the installer didn't update the system software.
To update your multiroom box , do the following

1.Turn the box off at the wall
2. Press and hold the backup button on the top of your box and flick it on at the wall only release the backup button when you see 'Updating system software' on screen.

This should take 5-10 mins and should result in you having the new EPG. Keep us posted how you get on.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 17:31   #1444
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

And says he defender of the faith and newly appointed servant of the master.
Old 23-11-2012, 17:45   #1445
pk1
cf.addict

pk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Your multiroom should already have it , maybe the installer didn't update the system software.
To update your multiroom box , do the following

1.Turn the box off at the wall
2. Press and hold the backup button on the top of your box and flick it on at the wall only release the backup button when you see 'Updating system software' on screen.

This should take 5-10 mins and should result in you having the new EPG. Keep us posted how you get on.
Cheers took a couple of goes but got it now

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
And says he defender of the faith and newly appointed servant of the master.
lol
Old 23-11-2012, 17:45   #1446
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:

I have to say the "Clash Manager" feature is a work of genius. I just love the way it auto "suggests" alternate airings of shows, if available, to avoid the clash without you having to trawl through the listings to do it yourself.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 17:52   #1447
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
I have to say the "Clash Manager" feature is a work of genius. I just love the way it auto "suggests" alternate airings of shows, if available, to avoid the clash without you having to trawl through the listings to do it yourself.
Couldn't agree more , it was a very welcome addition. I can also tell you it's being improved
Old 23-11-2012, 17:54   #1448
pk1
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
Yeah I came across that feature today, it's great.
Old 23-11-2012, 18:17   #1449
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Cheers took a couple of goes but got it now
You will be able to use catchup now on your multiroom if you can get your Internet connection through to it , it's probably worth setting up via Ethernet or homeplugs so as you can benefit from features such as planner sharing when they arrive.
Old 23-11-2012, 18:18   #1450
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Couldn't agree more , it was a very welcome addition. I can also tell you it's being improved
That's good to hear.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 18:29   #1451
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:

Welcome back
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 18:37   #1452
pk1
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Welcome back
Thanks

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

Quote:
You will be able to use catchup now on your multiroom if you can get your Internet connection through to it , it's probably worth setting up via Ethernet or homeplugs so as you can benefit from features such as planner sharing when they arrive.
Cheers, will look into the homeplug way of connecting.
Old 23-11-2012, 23:47   #1453
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

Welcome back to Sky, I made the same move from TiVo early this year and I've never looked back!

Check out the Sky Movies iPad app also, I find that a very user friendly way to browse Sky's immense movie catalogue.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 10:34   #1454
pk1
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Welcome back to Sky, I made the same move from TiVo early this year and I've never looked back!

Check out the Sky Movies iPad app also, I find that a very user friendly way to browse Sky's immense movie catalogue.
Thanks
Old 24-11-2012, 11:04   #1455
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post

Agreed , the Sky Sports iPad app is also worth a look with its F1 companion and Premier league companion features.