Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who : Season 6

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Doctor Who : Season 6

Old 04-06-2011, 19:52   #211
Dave9946
Inactive

Dave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Doctor Who : Season 6

And the greatest cliffhanger since the series came back that we was told to expect that needed a 3 month break to digest was where exacally?

Not exacally the great change there lives forever cliffhanger like they wanted us to expect was it?. Dont get me wrong it was a great episode, but please give a propper reason to have a mid series break than the ultimate cliffhanger it was'nt.
Dave9946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2011, 20:01   #212
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Erm.....no

Didn't you see the last five minutes?

Then why did the Doctor go funny when she told him who she was. (he said something along the lines " but we (kissing action)"
Old 04-06-2011, 20:11   #213
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Then why did the Doctor go funny when she told him who she was. (he said something along the lines " but we (kissing action)"
Maybe because he has just found out that he has kissed his friend's daughter?

He isn't the father, Rory is.

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:05 ----------

So... Spacesuit-Girl = River/Melody too?

Fits, but...

When did The Silence take her & why stick her in a spacesuit?

Why didn't River remember? [Or did she, but just didn't let on]

One popular theory about River's crime is that she killed the Doctor... which her being the spacesuit-girl would fit with... but why? And how will they get around the future-Doctor's death, given that killing off Matt Smith's Doctor permanently (& therefore also stopping there being any after him) wouldn't be very good for the series.

I hope SM answers everything in the second half of the series.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 20:19   #214
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave9946 View Post
And the greatest cliffhanger since the series came back that we was told to expect that needed a 3 month break to digest was where exacally?
Right at the end for the majority of viewers, I suspect, who actually had no clue because they don't read internet forums that speculate on these things

Plus.... nothing like a bit of hype
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 20:40   #215
Dave9946
Inactive

Dave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Right at the end for the majority of viewers, I suspect, who actually had no clue because they don't read internet forums that speculate on these things

Plus.... nothing like a bit of hype

Any internet forums that anyone would have read would have given several "spoilers" as to the true identity. So there was never any single speculation to have said for sure to have spoilt it for anyone. And the itentity was not really mentioned as being the cliffhanger as such only that we were told we would find out the identity and that there would be this great cliffhanger. Dont think anyone said for sure they would be the same event?.
Dave9946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 20:54   #216
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

I hope everyone watched to the end of the credits, btw.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 20:56   #217
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
Why ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 20:59   #218
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

There was a very brief teaser for the next episode.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 22:11   #219
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
I did, but I'd stopped the recording by then (right on the end slate)
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 00:04   #220
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
No the time vortex produced her during the wedding night nuptials.

Somehow I doubt even timelords commit incest.
The time vortex didn't "produce her". She is Amy and rory's child, the time vortex just time lorded her.
Old 05-06-2011, 00:05   #221
Blackened
Inactive

Blackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpack

He did say 'during the "nuptials" '.
I'm confused about time lords committing incest though.
Blackened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 00:11   #222
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

I'm very critical of this doctor,

However I really enjoyed this episode. I considered the possibility of Song being the girl from the first episode but couldn't say for certain.

I think the story of David tenant coming back interesting and highly plausible. Lot sure about peter davidson though
Old 05-06-2011, 01:36   #223
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Because he kissed the daughter of his best friend.

River was the girl in the space suit and that's why it was hinted that she killed the doctor at some point, I guess.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:43   #224
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Because he kissed the daughter of his best friend.

River was the girl in the space suit and that's why it was hinted that she killed the doctor at some point, I guess.
She also has timelord DNA. Because when Amy and Rory had it away in the TARDIS while it was travelling in the time vortex some how it's DNA was altered.

So that does make river a timelord, sort of.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:53   #225
watzizname
Inactive

Services: XL 60/3
watzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
So... Spacesuit-Girl = River/Melody too?

Fits, but...

When did The Silence take her & why stick her in a spacesuit?

Why didn't River remember? [Or did she, but just didn't let on]

One popular theory about River's crime is that she killed the Doctor... which her being the spacesuit-girl would fit with... but why? And how will they get around the future-Doctor's death, given that killing off Matt Smith's Doctor permanently (& therefore also stopping there being any after him) wouldn't be very good for the series.

I hope SM answers everything in the second half of the series.
Everything certainly seems to point to the regenerating little girl being River.

I believe the Doctor said that Amy was taken before they went to America, so was their prisoner all this time. I'd have to surmise then, that the Silence only swapped pregnant Amy, and eye patch lady did the rest.

As for putting her in a spacesuit.. no definite thoughts on that, but.. There was a lot of talk about fashioning the baby into a weapon. The doctor was also described as a weapon, and i would guess that they would want to control their weapon. If it was known that the baby had "a time head" it's likely they wanted it for those qualities, especially the ability to fly a T.A.R.D.I.S. If you remember, we've so far seen 2 other T.A.R.D.I.S's, the first one in The Lodger episode, and the second in The Impossible Astronaut, which also happened to be the same location where the little girl in the spacesuit first appeared.

And a possible motivation for requiring their own Time Lord to pilot their knockoff T.A.R.D.I.S instead of one of their own people, could be that it's believed by those involved, that only a Time Lord can.. Remember The alliance believed that "Only the Doctor can fly the T.A.R.D.I.S" in The Pandorica Opens?

Anyways.. I think (for now at least) that baby River was taken, conditioned (similar to what happened to Captain Jack's brother Gray in Torchwood) and while under the big bad's control, kills the Flesh Doctor (who has been playing decoy for our Doctor) at least until she is eventually freed by our Doctor. Her ending up in the Stormcage, might be because those who sentence her, recognize that the Flesh doctor was a real person in his own right?

One thing I'm still stuck on, is that when the Doctor and River were examining the empty space suit, it was mentioned that when the little girl got scared, the suit's communication systems automatically established contact with the most powerful person in the land, in this case, the President of the United States. Is it me, or does this seem like a pretty dumb feature to incorporate into the suit of someone who should be keeping a ridiculously low profile? The only thing i can think of, is that the Doctor travels back and rigs it to do that, at a later date..
watzizname is offline   Reply With Quote