Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | X Factor : 2009

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

X Factor : 2009

Old 09-11-2009, 15:25   #196
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Re: X Factor : 2009

I don't like to argue with fellow members The XF IS not an entertainment show, ITS a TALENT show, BGT is the ENTERTAINMENT show, and also the ITV site was in meltdown, as there was so many complaints about the show.

I can see offcom getting involved with this.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2009, 16:32   #197
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Simon showed dislike for the twins since the started and yet the one week he could finally got rid of them he decided against it.

The simple reason will be to get rid of the stronger talent so that his acts have more of a chance of getting to the final.
Well he has no hope now at all of getting his to the final one way or another as the backlash will be massive votes to put his act in the bottom two till all are gone. The public should now boycott the voting and let them figure out what to do nxt. The show should be even boycotted and stick the fingers up at them for what they done to the people who voted

---------- Post added at 16:25 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I don't like to argue with fellow members The XF IS not an entertainment show, ITS a TALENT show, BGT is the ENTERTAINMENT show, and also the ITV site was in meltdown, as there was so many complaints about the show.

I can see offcom getting involved with this.
I cant see people getting on to ofcom because what they will say is people voted and the person who got the least vote went. They will say it all went by the rules in the show which it did. They cant interfer if people didn't give enough votes for Lucy

---------- Post added at 16:32 ---------- Previous post was at 16:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
i thank the gods of tv that there is a new series of "i'm a celeb get me out of here "due soon to take my mind of it ...how sad i have become
Of topic. Do you know who has been picked to go in
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 18:56   #198
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Hi defrish, I think you will find that Ofcom, has today been rushed off there feet with complaints.

IF it is proven that something is going on, there will be something happening, what you have to realise is that money has been spent by voters, for there acts to hopefully, go through, BUT with infor coming from SEVERAL papers, there was inteference from the PRODUCERS and also SIMON himself, discussiing the matter before going on back on live TV.

Something went on during the break and before the announcement was made and also the PRODUCER went and spoke to all the judges BEFORE the start of the final two. Something has to be done.
Old 09-11-2009, 20:12   #199
Sasha222
Inactive

Quote:
Hi defrish, I think you will find that Ofcom, has today been rushed off there feet with complaints.

IF it is proven that something is going on, there will be something happening, what you have to realise is that money has been spent by voters, for there acts to hopefully, go through, BUT with infor coming from SEVERAL papers, there was inteference from the PRODUCERS and also SIMON himself, discussiing the matter before going on back on live TV.

Something went on during the break and before the announcement was made and also the PRODUCER went and spoke to all the judges BEFORE the start of the final two. Something has to be done.
I dont imagine they have been rushed of there feet aft what happened last night. All I was saying would they do anything in respect of the fact that two went to the bottom two and Simon Cowell went to deadlock and Lucie didn't get enough votes.

If what you say is tru and a lot of underhand stuff went on then I do think that ofcom should get involved and stop all the underhand stuff going on
Old 09-11-2009, 21:24   #200
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Hi defirish, I am a great believer in the idea that, if someone has won something and it is doen fairly, and that is it, BUT everyone in the UK who is into this show, knows that SC has hated them from the start, and we know that in the past that something has happened underhand with certain shows, ie Ant and Dec, although they didn't know what has happening, BUT in the media over recent weeks, there has been this heated argument with fans and the show about these awful twins, and then suddenly when SC has the chance to throw them out, he back tracks and sends home a very good singer, l reckon in tomorrows papers, you will see that Ofcom, ITV and newspapers, have been swamped with complaints, l do know that ITV's web site collasped with complaints today.

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

Just to let members know, and they are into The XF, on DS, there is to be an investigation by ofcom and the amounts of complaints are growing and the answers will be made on Wednesday.
Old 09-11-2009, 22:10   #201
Sasha222
Inactive

Im glad that ofcom is going to invistigate what happened last night and people should bycott the show as well or not use there money to vote. Im irish and we are not allowed to vote but if I had my chance to vote the idiots out I would have done.
Old 09-11-2009, 22:21   #202
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by defirish View Post
It was in Simon Cowells hands to get rid of them and not put it to deadlock and he didn't and thats what the uproar is about. I would well understand if two singers in the bottom two gave an equal good performance and it was hard to call then go to deadlock. But it was no brainer last night who to put out of the competion
I think people are just winding their necks out for no reason - X Factor is a competition - The Judges are in competition with each other - They want someone from their own act to win - so if it means using tatical voting, so be it, then again in the end Simon referred the vote back to the public, so the issue lies with not enough people voting for Lucy.

Ok he has a chance to get rid of them but didn't - Simon hasn't hidden the fact that he wasn't impressed with Lucy and he also said which of the two he would rather see again. He took a gamble and it ultimately paid off for him in the end, because he wasn't seen to be voting to keep John and Edward in and he has created excessive publicity in doing what he did.

And yet there is more flames being fanned and an attempt to cause more controversy because apparently Louis 'V' sign gesture to someone in the audience didn't go down well, well boo'ing is fecking pathetic so I would V sign anyone boo'ing if it was my act.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 22:31   #203
Sasha222
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I think people are just winding their necks out for no reason - X Factor is a competition - The Judges are in competition with each other - They want someone from their own act to win - so if it means using tatical voting, so be it, then again in the end Simon referred the vote back to the public, so the issue lies with not enough people voting for Lucy.

Ok he has a chance to get rid of them but didn't - Simon hasn't hidden the fact that he wasn't impressed with Lucy and he also said which of the two he would rather see again. He took a gamble and it ultimately paid off for him in the end, because he wasn't seen to be voting to keep John and Edward in and he has created excessive publicity in doing what he did.

And yet there is more flames being fanned and an attempt to cause more controversy because apparently Louis 'V' sign gesture to someone in the audience didn't go down well, well boo'ing is fecking pathetic so I would V sign anyone boo'ing if it was my act.

Louis Walsh should remember that its the audience inside outside that are paying his wages while x factor is on and I agree that its annoying that they are booing but he should be more professional and not be a **** and rise above it.
Old 09-11-2009, 22:42   #204
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

sounds about right

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...d-survive.html
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 23:16   #205
Sasha222
Inactive

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sho...ohn_and_Edward

It has now made it to sky news as well
Old 10-11-2009, 00:29   #206
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by defirish View Post
Louis Walsh should remember that its the audience inside outside that are paying his wages while x factor is on and I agree that its annoying that they are booing but he should be more professional and not be a **** and rise above it.
LOL - I would say - the audience pays absolutely nothing towards Louis Walsh's wage. Louis Walsh is a successful music manager for an array of well known artists and boy/girl band(s) all this outside of his X Factor role on TV.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:41   #207
Sasha222
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
LOL - I would say - the audience pays absolutely nothing towards Louis Walsh's wage. Louis Walsh is a successful music manager for an array of well known artists and boy/girl band(s) all this outside of his X Factor role on TV.
Oh right so you think that if the first the public didn't buy the records of the people that he manages then he wouldn't get paid of the backs of the people that buy the records or pay to download songs from the singers. He gets paid of the backs of the votes coming in from the public and also the audience who pay to go to see the live shows. He also get a big wage for judging the acts. So he shouldn't have done what he done and gave the v sign to the audience. He should have been a professional and risen above it. It is annoying the audience booing and childish but he is the bigger idiot to do what he done. Ever hear the saying dont lower yourself to the persons level
Old 10-11-2009, 19:45   #208
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

To clear something up, concerning 'wages etc', when you buy a CD or DVD or you pay for a download of music, WE actually do pay wages, a certain amount of each item sold, it is shared out, that is why so many singers and managers are rich, and don't give a toss about the customer. When it comes down to shows ie The X Factor, BGT, Strickly, Stars on Ice, or Celebrity the MONEY we pay for phone votes or the items we pay for the product in the ad break, WE pay for that. Therefore at the end of the production line WE pay.
Old 10-11-2009, 22:08   #209
Sasha222
Inactive

I bow to your superior knowledge
Old 13-11-2009, 00:57   #210
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
To clear something up, concerning 'wages etc', when you buy a CD or DVD or you pay for a download of music, WE actually do pay wages, a certain amount of each item sold, it is shared out, that is why so many singers and managers are rich, and don't give a toss about the customer. When it comes down to shows ie The X Factor, BGT, Strickly, Stars on Ice, or Celebrity the MONEY we pay for phone votes or the items we pay for the product in the ad break, WE pay for that. Therefore at the end of the production line WE pay.
Sure Louis gets a pay deal for his contract to appear as judge on the X Factor but that is not his only line of income.

In any line of work no matter what you do - By paying a contribution to someones pay packet doesn't automatically grant someone the right to be rude to that person.

So in this case someone was being rude to Louis because it was his act, so Louis was rude back and rightfully so.