Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How honest are you?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

How honest are you?

Old 21-09-2007, 21:09   #16
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Re: How honest are you?

I guess I'm two faced, if it was a small local company then I'd give it back, but if it was a big national company I'd bank it and let them find out the error themselves.
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-09-2007, 21:17   #17
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

When I was made redundant by BT (in 1992) they sent me my redundancy money by cheque (quite a few thousands as I recall). The next day, another (duplicate) cheque arrived.

I banked the second one in a building society high interest account.

They finally realised their mistake four months later and asked for it back. I posted them a cheque and kept the interest.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 14:56   #18
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
When I was made redundant by BT (in 1992) they sent me my redundancy money by cheque (quite a few thousands as I recall). The next day, another (duplicate) cheque arrived.

I banked the second one in a building society high interest account.

They finally realised their mistake four months later and asked for it back. I posted them a cheque and kept the interest.
Nice of them, shame they realised though still, you made a few £££££'s so that's ok
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 15:43   #19
Pedro1
Inactive

Pedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nice

Bank the lot. They aint scared to charge you for anything so stuff them.
I have two accounts with o2. 1x25 and 1X35 a month, good service but screw them, they make too much money as it is.
Pedro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 16:49   #20
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

I have to say I think I would bank them both but not spend one lot of it for a while
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 17:30   #21
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I send it back and feel virtuous.If I kept it I wouldn't be able to pay it back next week, the way my finances are at the moment.
Old 23-09-2007, 18:38   #22
piggy
Inactive

piggy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Whiskey View Post
I guess I'm two faced, if it was a small local company then I'd give it back, but if it was a big national company I'd bank it and let them find out the error themselves.
thats what id do
piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2007, 10:27   #23
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post
I claimed my cashback for my mobile phone deal as per usual every 6 months. Today i received two cheques each for £50, double what i should get

Do i bank them both, or do i own up and return one of the cheques?

What would you do?
you show good sense asking for advice on the issue,many another one would blow it and maybe live to regret it.before it expires i would lodge it in an easy access account for a reasonable time and should they come calling for their money go lift it out and no harm done good luck.
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2007, 21:07   #24
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

I guess, accept that they might want it back, buy leave it to them to find it ... how much would they help YOU if you'd made a mistake in your cashback.

Actually, if it's a good deal and has a long time to run, maybe better to own up, as if they do twig, they may say you broke the terms ... no more cashback.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2007, 23:05   #25
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetypie/8 View Post
you show good sense asking for advice on the issue,many another one would blow it and maybe live to regret it.before it expires i would lodge it in an easy access account for a reasonable time and should they come calling for their money go lift it out and no harm done good luck.
Thanks, that seems like the best idea i think, i still have the two cheques sitting there when normally i would have banked my cashback straight away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth View Post
I guess, accept that they might want it back, buy leave it to them to find it ... how much would they help YOU if you'd made a mistake in your cashback.

Actually, if it's a good deal and has a long time to run, maybe better to own up, as if they do twig, they may say you broke the terms ... no more cashback.
I have thought of that in advance and my deal means i'm only entitled to one more cheque of £50. So i thought about doing the above (cashing it but leaving somewhere safe) and if there are any problems when i come to claiming again in 6 months i'll just call it quits
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 01:50   #26
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Whiskey View Post
I'm with you on this, their computers, finance systems and everything are expecting both these cheques to be deposited, SB you would just be causing a big headache to send it back.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 10:09   #27
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I wonder if there is some legal time limit they have to clain it back.
How long would you have to leave it sitting there in an acount fearing they will ask for it back before they can't do it anymore.
Or maybe there is no limit ?

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 14:07   #28
PS1
Inactive

Services: FIRE,AMBULANCE AND POLICE
PS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to behold

slightly off topic but,check out this email i recieved recently.

by the way, you can send ME both cheques and ill bank them for you if you want"honestly"
PS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 19:12   #29
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS1 View Post
slightly off topic but,check out this email i recieved recently.

by the way, you can send ME both cheques and ill bank them for you if you want"honestly"
except they would just send the cheque back stating it was for the incorrect amount
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 19:29   #30
PS1
Inactive

Services: FIRE,AMBULANCE AND POLICE
PS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: How honest are you?

well, id definately give it a try.Nothing to loose is there
PS1 is offline   Reply With Quote