Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anyone play badminton?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Anyone play badminton?

Old 13-03-2006, 06:10   #1
flyball
Inactive

flyball is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone play badminton?

I've been playing since the start of this year I think, and the racquet I'm using is the Yonex Armotec 700. I switched over to badminton from tennis mainly because I couldn't find my coach anymore It's a pretty fun sport, one that's easy to pick up, but a little harder to master.
I was flicking through my froogle search and found this:
<Link deleted>
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
E-4431 Training High Quality Feather Shuttlecocks

Anyone play badminton can help me to make a judge of those Shuttlecocks?
If they can last longer in training or advance I think it is pretty good deal(bascially $0.8 per shuttlecock) compared to other brand at it's price.

but as I've never played with them before I have no idea of their performance, does anyone have any experience with these shuttles at all? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
flyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-03-2006, 11:29   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Anyone play badminton?

to Cable Forum.

We are wary of first posters on here who provide links to other sites, oftern these prove to be spam. However I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here and have simply removed the link enabling a discussion if forum members so desire.

Moved to Sports sub forum.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2006, 15:04   #3
pop80_uk
Inactive

pop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant future

Ive played with both feather and plastic cup shuttle cocks, the feather last less, but have a longer smoother travel. We used to use them at the club for beginners as they tended to drift less.
Hope this helps.
pop80_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2006, 16:28   #4
driver_problems
Permanently Banned

Services: ntl 1meg cable modem Skysports & Movies, Film4 and phone
driver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyball
I've been playing since the start of this year I think, and the racquet I'm using is the Yonex Armotec 700. I switched over to badminton from tennis mainly because I couldn't find my coach anymore It's a pretty fun sport, one that's easy to pick up, but a little harder to master.
I was flicking through my froogle search and found this:
<Link deleted>

E-4431 Training High Quality Feather Shuttlecocks

Anyone play badminton can help me to make a judge of those Shuttlecocks?
If they can last longer in training or advance I think it is pretty good deal(bascially $0.8 per shuttlecock) compared to other brand at it's price.

but as I've never played with them before I have no idea of their performance, does anyone have any experience with these shuttles at all? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
I played for a good few years but stopped a couple of years back - tho I am thinking of taking it back up again. I seem to recall asking a similar question to the coach at the club and she said that those feathery types were generally used in competition play while the plastic ones were used for 'normal' playing/practising. It always made me think of a pidgeon or bird that had been shot when I saw a feathery one that had come to pieces - as they are apt to do (the placcy ones being more robust)
driver_problems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2006, 16:41   #5
Scrubbs
cf.mega poster

Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal

I seem to remember the feathered type had more "air" time ie stay in the air longer
Scrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2006, 17:59   #6
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I love playing badminton.
It's great fun and really get's you moving around.
I tend to use the plastic ones when practicing as they are cheaper.
The feather ones are better but get damaged easier and cost more.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2006, 18:16   #7
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Strange how the OP hasn't posted in 12 hours?
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2006, 21:02   #8
driver_problems
Permanently Banned

Services: ntl 1meg cable modem Skysports & Movies, Film4 and phone
driver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph
Strange how the OP hasn't posted in 12 hours?
he might be off playing badminton
driver_problems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2006, 21:20   #9
Graham M
-

Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars

Thats a possibility I guess
Old 13-03-2006, 21:55   #10
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

12 hours is a long time for playing badminton...
Old 13-03-2006, 22:11   #11
Graham M
-

Maybe he's one of those "fitness addicts"
Old 13-03-2006, 23:31   #12
pop80_uk
Inactive

pop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant future

He's off chasing a dove for its feathers to stick in his plastic cock

(re-reads that and thinks if it was not so late an edit would be in order )
pop80_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2006, 23:38   #13
Badders
Inactive

Badders is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubbs
I seem to remember the feathered type had more "air" time ie stay in the air longer
They also slow up much more by the time they reach you. This means you have a chance of getting smashes back.

I remember the League I currently play in used to play with plastics - basically the person with the hardest smash won the game. With feathers, it takes the smash out of the game a little and gives us limp-wristed players a chance to shine with their control and accuracy.

Feathers do cost more - up to £1 a shuttle. We currently pay £10.50 for a dozen of high quality ones. The bad news is you may get through 2-3 a game.
Badders is offline   Reply With Quote