Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Greatest Celt has died

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Greatest Celt has died

Old 13-03-2006, 23:10   #1
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
The Greatest Celt has died

I can't believe no one has made a thread about this!?

The greatest ever celtic player died today of motor nuerons disease.

The great Jimmy "Jinky" Johnstone

R.I.P.

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-03-2006, 23:14   #2
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
Re: The Greatest Celt has died

Although i have a hatred for everything "Old Firm" i know he was a player who achieved so much for Celtic and who was respected so much by thier fans.

R.I.P. mate!
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2006, 23:21   #3
ikthius
Inactive

ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja
Although i have a hatred for everything "Old Firm" i know he was a player who achieved so much for Celtic and who was respected so much by thier fans.

R.I.P. mate!
he was also a great scotland player!

ik
Old 14-03-2006, 05:21   #4
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

I turn off as soon as they start calling it seltic.
Actually, who am I kidding? I turn off as soon as they mention football!

5 years fighting motor neurone disease shows just how strong he was.
Perhaps this loss will spur the debate into stem cell research and help bring us closer to a cure.
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2006, 07:32   #5
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

RIP Jinky,

Football has lost a legend. I was lucky to have met him once, he was a really great bloke.
Old 14-03-2006, 08:44   #6
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

He was respected by a great number from 'the other side' as well. Like Jim Baxter and Davy Cooper he had the ability that grew beyond team rivalry.

Its good to see some Rangers scarves outside Celtic park as well. Hopefully if there is minutes silence on Sunday the idiots won't ruin it.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2006, 11:44   #7
ikthius
Inactive

well sunday is the CIS cup final between Celtic and Dunfermline, I am sure they will respect the minutes silence.

I hope Celtic get their request allowed, to let all of the celtic players wear the number 7

ik
Old 14-03-2006, 11:51   #8
Derek
Inactive

Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

And the Rangers Vs Hearts game. Maybe a minutes applause instead of silence would be best for that.

That would be a good tribute, maybe retiring the jersey after it.

Still I wouldn't hold your breath for the SFA to go for it. Sounds a bit too much like common sense for them!
Old 14-03-2006, 12:39   #9
ikthius
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzo
And the Rangers Vs Hearts game. Maybe a minutes applause instead of silence would be best for that.

That would be a good tribute, maybe retiring the jersey after it.

Still I wouldn't hold your breath for the SFA to go for it. Sounds a bit too much like common sense for them!
true about SFA,

And I would like to see most of the country change from a minutes silence to a minutes applause, as this would drown out the idiots that ruin minute silences for any club.
just my

ik
Old 14-03-2006, 12:45   #10
Derek
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikthius
And I would like to see most of the country change from a minutes silence to a minutes applause, as this would drown out the idiots that ruin minute silences for any club.
Yup. I remember being at Ibrox for the first home game after Jim Baxter died when some ****** started shouting about 30 seconds into it.

Changing it to the minutes applause would help drown out the pondlife.
Old 14-03-2006, 13:20   #11
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I agree a minutes applause would be a lot better, however I don't think they should retire the number 7 shirt.

I have been up to parkhead to pay my respect, it really is some sight up their with all the tributes from fans. There are even some rangers scarfs around as well.

Scottish football really has lost a hero.
Old 14-03-2006, 13:36   #12
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

not sure if i agree with this retiring shirt numbers.. it's an honour to wear the same number as a legend like Jimmy and it helps spurs the player on

9 titles in a row though what a record plus a European Cup Winners medal and a losers medal from 70 too

a true legend

i always find silences quite moving and a minutes applause doesn't have the same mark of respect

if i was standing next to someone who started shouting i'd point them out to a steward and they should be banned for life
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote