Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | GB News / Talk TV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

GB News / Talk TV

Old 30-09-2023, 21:40   #946
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: GB News / Talk TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
They really need to diversify their output. They all seem so angry which can' t do the elderly audiences BP much good.

How about "Celebrity darts with dancing on ice, in the jungle , talent show,? Presented by Nige of course. The audiences and advertisers would flood back.
I think given GB News's advertisers' location, it would need to be set close to Swansea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Wouldn’t topless darts be more apt given the amount of tits they have on air already?
I think that would have a similar impact on their audience's BP.

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

Meanwhile, back at the office
Quote:
‘It’s crunch time’: GB News bosses meet to avert more censure after Ofcom inquiries
Appointment to board of banker who ran rightwing social media platform Parler suggests channel will not turn its back on radical libertarianism

The leadership of the rightwing TV channel GB News is trying urgently to avert fresh public censure following the Laurence Fox and Dan Wootton debacle, the Observer has learned.

Under scrutiny are a number of incidents, including last week’s crude, on-air attack on the journalist Ava Evans by the actor and pundit Fox, and Friday’s interview of Suella Braverman, the home secretary, conducted by the deputy chair of her own party, the Conservative MP Lee Anderson.

A group of leading investors and managers at the channel, including a controversial newly installed board member, were holding emergency meetings this weekend following a string of investigations by Ofcom, the regulator, into potential broadcast transgressions...

Tim Montgomerie, a former editor of UnHerd, said he expected GB News to undergo “a major course correction” in the next few days. He believes, he said, that Marshall, a committed Christian, will have been unhappy about the Fox and Wootton broadcast, particularly in the run-up to the launch of a potential Telegraph bid.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...fcom-inquiries
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-09-2023, 21:41   #947
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Wouldn’t topless darts be more apt given the amount of tits they have on air already?
Already been suggested, see post #767 p52 ( great minds think alike )
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2023, 22:18   #948
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
You need to have a high bar to ban a TV channel IMO. GB News will skirt it occasionally but they're not close to being shut down.

The fact they suspended them probably helps them with Ofcom as well. They sort of invite this needlessly though by continuing to try and push the envelope and wind people up, they want to upset people but sometimes they go too far.

Not sure how they get away with the government interviewing other members of the government though.
Well, plastic fantastic motor mouth Vorderman, made a complaint to ofcom before it broadcast, the dimwit not realising they deal with post broadcast material. I don’t watch Anderson’s show so didn’t see it, but apparently as long as he had someone else to counter Lee, it would/should be okay.

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Yes, I had a point as you well know. A TV "News" channel having multiple members of the current Government having shows where they push the Government spin together with cosy chats where they "interview" each other, give me a break!

The channel is a parody of credibility. It may suit your world view but don't for one minute claim it is an objective News channel.
More credible than the BBC & woke ITV. Channel 4 are Labour mouthpieces. Sky News is abysmal now that it’s owned by the liberal Comcast, from the U.S.

---------- Post added at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Mick … sorry for teaching granny to suck eggs here, but this is a topic-based discussion forum. There’s nothing hypocritical about sticking to the topic denoted by the thread title. You’re being quite unfair to other posters here, accusing them of moral failing when the only thing they’re manifestly doing is discussing the topic as set.

There’s absolutely nothing stopping anyone starting a thread called ‘cancel the nonce-enabling BBC’ if they want, but nobody should be criticised for not starting that thread.
Chris, please don’t lecture me what a discussion forum is, having part owned this one for 20 years, I don’t need telling & if I want to carry on raising hypocrisy, where I see it, I will.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2023, 22:44   #949
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Been tried already, quite recently.

Surprised you weren’t a fan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L!VE_TV
Old 04-10-2023, 16:11   #950
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

https://metro.co.uk/2023/10/04/laure...mDgdGldNpUx5F8

Quote:
Laurence Fox arrested and sacked on same day house was raided by police

Laurence Fox has been sacked from GB News after a ‘disgraceful’ rant about female journalist Ava Evans.

The broadcaster had suspended the former actor, 45, over a string of remarks about the Joe political correspondent, known as Ava Santina on X, formerly Twitter, including asking ‘Who would want to shag that?’

On Wednesday, GB News confirmed that it had ended their employment relationship with Fox, and with Calvin Robinson – another broadcaster who had been suspended after supporting Fox.

GB News wrote on Twitter, formerly known as X: ‘Laurence Fox and Calvin Robinson were both suspended last week pending internal investigations that have now concluded.

‘As of today, GB News has ended its employment relationship with Laurence Fox and Calvin Robinson. The internal investigation into Dan Wootton continues.’

The decision came just hours after Fox was arrested, it was confirmed.

In a statement sent to Metro.co.uk, the Met Police said: ‘On Wednesday 4, October officers arrested a 45-year-old man on suspicion of conspiring to commit criminal damage to ULEZ cameras and encouraging or assisting offences to be committed.

‘He was arrested in Stockwell and has been taken to a South London police station where he remains in custody.’
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 16:18   #951
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Poor fella just can't get a break.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 17:18   #952
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Well the arrest seems unrelated to his suspension.

Quote:
..... suspicion of conspiring to commit criminal damage to ULEZ cameras and encouraging or assisting offences to be committed.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 19:15   #953
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Well the arrest seems unrelated to his suspension.
Coincidental timing, rather than any direct connection, I believe.

(I’m sure Lozza thinks differently… )
Old 05-10-2023, 06:51   #954
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Coincidental timing, rather than any direct connection, I believe.

(I’m sure Lozza thinks differently… )
It’s actually none of that, my word, thought you’d be on to your pal, Google on this.. you’re slipping Hugh.

The day before yesterday, in a live stream, he had allegedly made some comments about supporting the ULEZ Bladerunner’s, encouraging them to take more cameras down, yesterday cops raided his house in huge numbers & was arrested on suspicion of conspiring to damage ULEZ cameras.

I await these same cops to arrest Chris Packham, who last week encouraged law breaking, in a channel 4 documentary, by climate & animal activists, where is his arrest?
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 07:04   #955
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

I love the smell of whataboutery in the morning.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 07:06   #956
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It’s actually none of that, my word, thought you’d be on to your pal, Google on this.. you’re slipping Hugh.

The day before yesterday, in a live stream, he had allegedly made some comments about supporting the ULEZ Bladerunner’s, encouraging them to take more cameras down, yesterday cops raided his house in huge numbers & was arrested on suspicion of conspiring to damage ULEZ cameras.

I await these same cops to arrest Chris Packham, who last week encouraged law breaking, in a channel 4 documentary, by climate & animal activists, where is his arrest?
Whataboutism again Mick?

Anyway Chris is nice, Lozza is nasty, so it's a fair cop.
He's even too nasty for GB News , so that's very nasty.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 07:39   #957
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Packham did not announce his intention to commit a jailable offence. His words will have been checked with lawyers first to avoid the situation that Fox found himself in. Fox is learning the laws of the country the hard way!
And even if Packham had crossed the line, it wouldn't be the same cops who would arrest him as Packham lives in the New Forest and Fox in London.
Old 05-10-2023, 08:18   #958
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

What did Packham actually say? The language used is important. If I were to say that I support the actions of Just Stop Oil in breaking the law to cause disruption that would be different from me specifically inciting, telling, people to break the law.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 08:58   #959
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
What did Packham actually say? The language used is important. If I were to say that I support the actions of Just Stop Oil in breaking the law to cause disruption that would be different from me specifically inciting, telling, people to break the law.
Read more here.Thw programme is on C4 catch-up.
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...tv-of-the-year

---------- Post added at 08:58 ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 ----------

A reminder of why Fox was arrested.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-b1111343.html
Old 05-10-2023, 09:39   #960
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:

I was responding to

Quote:
Well the arrest seems unrelated to his suspension
I meant the raid being coincidental with him being fired that day - apologies if that wasn’t clear..