Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Problems with Firefox

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Problems with Firefox

Old 15-02-2006, 09:48   #1
akane1984
Inactive

akane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about them
Problems with Firefox

Hi i recently got new router Netgear WGT634U, since then my browsing is fast and so is p2p downloads and gaming ping low on my 2MB NTL broadband but when using FireFox inbuilt download utility it runs awfully slow. . i get speeds within browser download of say 33KBs sometimes spiking to what i was used to (193KBs). . any help?>
akane1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-02-2006, 11:10   #2
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Re: Problems with Firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by akane1984
Hi i recently got new router Netgear WGT634U, since then my browsing is fast and so is p2p downloads and gaming ping low on my 2MB NTL broadband but when using FireFox inbuilt download utility it runs awfully slow. . i get speeds within browser download of say 33KBs sometimes spiking to what i was used to (193KBs). . any help?>
If you're using NTL broadband, have you tried changing your transparent cache?
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2006, 10:05   #3
akane1984
Inactive

akane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifta
If you're using NTL broadband, have you tried changing your transparent cache?
how do you do that?
akane1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2006, 10:15   #4
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by akane1984
how do you do that?
Hi

See here for instructions http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d...trancache.html
pedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2006, 00:01   #5
patrickp
Inactive

patrickp has reached the bronze age
patrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze age

The best list of ntl proxies seems to be the Forum one, akane1984.

To specify a proxy in Firefox, go to Tools -> Options -> General and click the Connection Settings button. select Manual proxy configuration, enter the proxy you want to use in HTTP Proxy _only_ and enter 8080 as the port. It's also a good idea to enter any IP addresses that you might want to access without a specified proxy (eg. those for your modem or router) in the No Proxy for box.

The click OK and OK: you're done.

If you want to be able to switch proxies on the fly, try the http://www.roundtwo.com/product/switchproxy extension. You can enter several proxies and select which one you want to use with a couple of clicks. Seems to me that Firefox was made for ntl! ;-D
patrickp is offline   Reply With Quote