Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is Danasoft safe?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Security & Virus Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Microsoft warns on IE browser bug

Old 23-12-2010, 12:48   #1
vanman
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky
vanman has reached the bronze age
vanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze age
Microsoft warns on IE browser bug

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12067295
Quote:
Microsoft has issued a warning about a serious vulnerability in all versions of its Internet Explorer (IE) browser.
If exploited by a booby-trapped webpage the bug would allow attackers to take control of an unprotected computer.
Code to exploit the bug has already been published though Microsoft said it had no evidence it was currently being used by hi-tech criminals.
A workaround for the bug has been produced while Microsoft works on a permanent fix.
vanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-12-2010, 15:08   #2
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
Re: Microsoft warns on IE browser bug

What can I say its Microsoft for you.
Old 23-12-2010, 18:32   #3
MetaWraith
Inactive

MetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appeal
MetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via ICQ to MetaWraith Send a message via AIM to MetaWraith Send a message via MSN to MetaWraith Send a message via Yahoo to MetaWraith

In other news, some sources were known to suggest that the Windows Update pages were thought to be using this bug already :¬)
MetaWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2010, 21:02   #4
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Rumour has it that if you play a Microsoft CD backwards you will hear the Devil talking - worse still is the reality that if you play it forwards it will install Windows ...
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2010, 21:08   #5
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
Rumour has it that if you play a Microsoft CD backwards you will hear the Devil talking - worse still is the reality that if you play it forwards it will install Windows ...
LOL at last 2 posts
Old 23-12-2010, 21:20   #6
vanman
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky
vanman has reached the bronze age
vanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/24...computing.html

Is windows a virus? No, Windows is not a virus. Here's what viruses do:
1.They replicate quickly - okay, Windows does that.
2.Viruses use up valuable system resources, slowing down the system as they do so - okay, Windows does that.
3.Viruses will, from time to time, trash your hard disk - okay, Windows does that too.
4.Viruses are usually carried, unknown to the user, along with valuable programs and systems. - Sigh.. Windows does that, too.
5.Viruses will occasionally make the user suspect their system is too slow (see 2) and the user will buy new hardware. - Yup, Windows does that, too.
Until now it seems Windows is a virus but there are fundamental differences: Viruses are well supported by their authors, are running on most systems, their program code is fast, compact and efficient and they tend to become more sophisticated as they mature.
So Windows is not a virus.
vanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2010, 07:41   #7
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

Quote:
A linux quote there me thinks.
Old 27-12-2010, 16:04   #8
mart44
Inactive

mart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
In fairness, Microsoft doesn't have a monopoly on security flaws being discovered. Other browsers are subject to them sometimes (Firefox user myself).
mart44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2010, 17:23   #9
toonlight
cf.addict

Location: On the highest mountian, looking into your bedroom wondering..hehe
Services: B/B VM100 (MB)
toonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Microsoft warns on IE browser bug

Quote:

Here here, the same old story over & over again, it never ends with the cr*psoft (Microsoft) products at the forefront. When will it end one does wonders or are these bugs or so called holes/flaws where built into the software in the first place for the LEA to use against us normal every day persons. It's getting too much of joke these days to say the least. Microsoft losses are everybody else's (products - companies) gains in the retail world.

Just my view, there is lots of others I guess, bows out into the shadows of the room...

---------- Post added at 17:23 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------
Quote:
Quote:
A linux quote there me thinks.
Also the sound of I.E 8/9, screwing people over across the world, the sound of the complaints is deafening to all other browser users out there, from the all screams of I.E users. - death kneel beholds !

Boo hoo
toonlight is offline   Reply With Quote