Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media freezes line rental for elderly and disabled landline customers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Advance line rental

Old 22-11-2016, 21:42   #1
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Virgin Advance line rental

I have paid advance line rental for some years and it expires November this year, Virgin normally send me a reminder emails before it is due to be renewed but this year I have not heard any think. Do Virgin still off advance line rental?
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-11-2016, 21:51   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Advance line rental

AFIK ring them if you have any doubts.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 23:22   #3
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I bought it a couple of months ago, so afaik, yes, its still available.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 03:40   #4
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I bought it a couple of months ago, so afaik, yes, its still available.

I hate phoning VM as I have a hearing impairment and have difficultly hearing the prompts and even when I finally speak to an agent I advise
them of my hearing impairment and ask them to speak clearly they just ramble on and I cannot under stand them.
Old 23-11-2016, 09:24   #5
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

You are supposed to get reminders, this year however my relatives didn't. You will have to talk to them, or if not get in touch with their team on Twitter and they will try to help you there. Obviously they won't take payment but will probably be able to help in some other way.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 09:32   #6
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
You are supposed to get reminders, this year however my relatives didn't. You will have to talk to them, or if not get in touch with their team on Twitter and they will try to help you there. Obviously they won't take payment but will probably be able to help in some other way.

Thank you, I will bite the bullet and try and contact them.
Old 23-11-2016, 10:25   #7
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

LRS renewal is totally automated via 150.
Go to "change your services", & to the phone section.
If you already have LRS it will offer you a renewal.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 10:46   #8
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Its a pity they dont tell you that when you get the renewal notification. However I've now done it and it was quite painless.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 12:21   #9
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
I hate phoning VM as I have a hearing impairment and have difficultly hearing the prompts and even when I finally speak to an agent I advise
them of my hearing impairment and ask them to speak clearly they just ramble on and I cannot under stand them.
You'd have had a real problem with the one I spoke to who was slurring his words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Thanks for this tip, never knew this was possible.

A word of warning about paying line rental in advance. It's not refundable in any circumstances as I found out when I decided to cancel due to the price rise.

It's as bad as putting yourself into another contract and having to stay or lose money by not staying

This was never mentioned to me at any point and I was going to challenge this, but they gave me a V6 and a good deal, so I decided to stay.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 12:34   #10
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

In other words you were bought.
Old 23-11-2016, 12:38   #11
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Exactly.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 12:54   #12
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
No different to what Sky , BT and all the others do.

Last edited by denphone; 23-11-2016 at 12:57. Reason: Adding extra words.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 12:59   #13
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Quote:

That has always been the case.

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
You'd have had a real problem with the one I spoke to who was slurring his words. .

I have just paid it and the lady took my details and sent a confirming email.

Thank you for your help
Old 23-11-2016, 13:00   #14
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

I didn't say I had a problem with it.
Old 23-11-2016, 14:59   #15
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Everyone here knows you attitude towards Richard, that comment was aimed to be derogotory, and we all know it.
If I were you i'd stop replying to him, or put him on ignore, before you post yourself into more hot water.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote