Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 30-01-2015, 21:00   #256
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Still can't make up my mind whether to install it or wait a few months!

What do you guys think of your install seeing you have had it running a while?
well new build only been out for a week been fine here so far you could dual boot to try it or use a VM
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-01-2015, 21:13   #257
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:

No problems here and you can use the new Spartan browser - much quicker
gba93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 21:46   #258
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

annoying it did an update this evening, and automatically rebooted, I've changed the settings so I get prompted, rather than it automatically rebooting
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 01:57   #259
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:

Even more bugs here. Windows title bars disappearing off-screen, wireless devices unavailable for no apparent reason, and system dialogs appearing completely black.

Seems like most of the problems I've come across are UI related, but still. It's gone beyond funny into frustrating territory now.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:25   #260
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Question Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

I have downloaded the Win 10 preview ISO and created a install DVD.
I am going to install the Windows 10 preview on a empty drive the any tips to watch out for in the install?
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:25   #261
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Even more bugs here. Windows title bars disappearing off-screen, wireless devices unavailable for no apparent reason, and system dialogs appearing completely black.

Seems like most of the problems I've come across are UI related, but still. It's gone beyond funny into frustrating territory now.
The only problem I've got is that the laptop doesn't connect automatically after the router has been turned off otherwise all working fine.
gba93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:41   #262
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
I have downloaded the Win 10 preview ISO and created a install DVD.
I am going to install the Windows 10 preview on a empty drive the any tips to watch out for in the install?
it installs exactly like windows 8 or 8.1
Old 03-02-2015, 10:51   #263
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
it installs exactly like windows 8 or 8.1
How long does it take on a clean install on an SDD as when i upgraded from 7 to 8 it took 20mins (for an upgrade)?
Old 03-02-2015, 11:01   #264
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
How long does it take on a clean install on an SDD as when i upgraded from 7 to 8 it took 20mins (for an upgrade)?
should be less than that on a SSD ive not got a SSD yet
Old 03-02-2015, 11:02   #265
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Great, i will wait a few months though until the stability improves.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:38   #266
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by gba93 View Post
The only problem I've got is that the laptop doesn't connect automatically after the router has been turned off otherwise all working fine.
Lucky you. Three laptops here and all of them have connection problems when resumed after standby. Then again, they are all using the same Intel driver which wasn't designed for Windows 10.

Aside from minor interface bugs, the other half of the issues seem to stem from lack of driver availability. And this god-awful half-combo of traditional Win7 control panel and Win 8 settings panel.
Old 03-02-2015, 16:21   #267
truthspeaker
cf.addict

truthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the gutter

you won't have any problems for basic task. normal use.
so i don't know why people are sacred for?
and works perfectly fine on upgrade on top of windows 8.1. without fresh install.

if you need help installing windows 10 then check Youtube. should be easy.
if a stupid person like me can do it. why can't you?

i can't even spell right need help from dictionary. need help with grammar and punctuation.
truthspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 16:30   #268
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

No comment.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 16:32   #269
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthspeaker View Post
i can't even spell right need help from dictionary. need help with grammar and punctuation.
First word of truth you've spoken all day.
Old 03-02-2015, 16:34   #270
truthspeaker
cf.addict

truthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the gutter

LOOOOL. I am, whatever you say I am
truthspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote