Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Poor wireless connectivity

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wierd network share problem - HELP!

Old 30-09-2005, 17:44   #1
Flubflow
Inactive

Flubflow has a bronzed appealFlubflow has a bronzed appeal
Flubflow has a bronzed appeal
Question Wierd network share problem - HELP!

I have a problem trying to access a shared drive on one of the computers on my home network under certain circumstances. It's going to be difficult explain clearly but here goes.

I have had this set up for a long time with no problems....
Linksys BEFSR41 wired router - 2 desktop PCs of the same spec running windows 98 and a Laptop running WindowsME.

As of today I now also have a Motorola WA840G Wireless access point plugged in to the uplink port on the Linksys Router. I have a USB Wireless LAN adaptor for the laptop.
Everything still works hunky dory. Internet, printer sharing etc except for one problem between the Laptop and one of the desktop PCs. When wired, its ok but when using wireless the Laptop will not access one of the desktop pc's C Drive. It is ok wired and it will even access all the other drives D, & E on that PC when wired or wireless. Just not C drive on that particular PC when using wireless. The other desktop PC's drives share no problem - wired or wireless.

I'm pretty good at tech stuff and I can figure most things out but this problem just seems so illogical.

I don't often ask for help but I'd really appreciate some expert boncework here `cos this is doin' me freakin' `ed in.
Flubflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-09-2005, 20:37   #2
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W
Re: Wierd network share problem - HELP!

hmm... just to clarify, can you access the C drive when using a wired connection?
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2005, 20:48   #3
Flubflow
Inactive

Flubflow has a bronzed appealFlubflow has a bronzed appeal
Flubflow has a bronzed appeal
Re: Wierd network share problem - HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris W
hmm... just to clarify, can you access the C drive when using a wired connection?
Yes.

EDIT: I also knocked off all the firewalls and share passwords but still got the same problem between that particular PC's C: drive share and the laptop when it was on wireless. The other PC (lets call it PC#1) sees and accesses PC#2's C: drive ok and the laptop sees and accesses all of PC#1's drives whether wired or wireless. It is only when the Laptop is on wireless that it will see all drives but not allow access to just the C drive on PC#2.
PC#1 and PC#2 are always wired.
Flubflow is offline   Reply With Quote