Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | England Friendly

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

England Friendly

Old 03-08-2010, 18:31   #1
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
England Friendly

I have noticed that the England friendly next week is only on setanta ireland, is this true as I am gutted if I can't watch the friendly, I want to see if the mind set and team has changed much since the world cup.

Does anyone know how I can watch it without setanta ireland.
Old 03-08-2010, 18:50   #2
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: England Friendly

I am going to that game. Dunno about it being on TV though, try a local pub?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 18:52   #3
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

England v Hungary? Wednesday 8pm ITV, not Scotland
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 19:19   #4
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

Sound cheers admars, looking forward to this should see a nice newish England team.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:11   #5
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
looking forward to this should see a nice newish England team.
That would be good to see, forget the Terrys and Carraghers of this world, let's build for the future.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:20   #6
yesman

Well, it is a little bit different........

England squad for the friendly match against Hungary on Wednesday: Foster (Birmingham), Hart (Manchester City), Robinson (Blackburn); Brown (Manchester United), Cahill (Bolton), A Cole (Chelsea), Dawson (Tottenham), Gibbs (Arsenal), Jagielka (Everton), G Johnson (Liverpool), Terry (Chelsea); Barry (Manchester City), Gerrard (Liverpool), A Johnson (Manchester City), Lampard (Chelsea), Milner (Aston Villa), Young (Aston Villa), Walcott (Arsenal), Wilshere (Arsenal); Bent (Sunderland), C Cole (West Ham), Rooney (Manchester United), Zamora (Fulham).

Quote:
Fabio Capello has named the Arsenal youngsters Jack Wilshere and Kieran Gibbs in his squad for Wednesday's friendly against Hungary at Wembley.
The pair are joined in the 23-man squad by club-mate Theo Walcott, Manchester City's winger Adam Johnson and the Sunderland striker Darren Bent, who were all left out of the group that travelled to South Africa for the World Cup, along with Fulham's Bobby Zamora.
But not much, it's a start I suppose.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...-gibbs-capello
Old 08-08-2010, 12:53   #7
yesman

Make that one less.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-football.html
Old 08-08-2010, 22:44   #8
yesman

Make that two less.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8896134.stm

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

Hopefully Terry and a few others will follow suit. I do believe Carragher was called out of retirement, hopefully he will re-affirm his former position.
Old 08-08-2010, 22:49   #9
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

There does seem to be a major kommunycashun problem between the fringe players and Mr Capello.

I wonder if he'll now call up that English legend Dennis Law
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:34   #10
Pog66
Inactive

Services: SKY HD+, BT BB
Pog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman View Post
I do believe Carragher was called out of retirement, hopefully he will re-affirm his former position.
I think he already has
Pog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:16   #11
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

I get the feeling too many players will be worried about getting injured before the season starts and put in a half hearted effort for 45 mins before they get subbed.

As Damien is going hope I am wrong. Great stadium even if you can't get a beer for half the games anymore !
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:23   #12
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer View Post
As Damien is going hope I am wrong. Great stadium even if you can't get a beer for half the games anymore !
Which is where the south africans excel..

Last time I was at Newlands watching the rugby I was suprised at how many fans was drinking coke, until I noticed a lot of pocket fumbling everytime they opened up a new tin..

http://totpak.co.za/25ml.html

Suprised Totpacks are not more common in the UK
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 13:24   #13
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Alcohol on sachets thats criminal
Old 11-08-2010, 22:00   #14
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Stevie Gerrard finally learns how to play football in an England top. Shame it's taken him around 6 years though

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 22:04   #15
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Well done boys, looking forward to the next game now.
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote