Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Over a barrell

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Promotion finishing

Old 22-03-2017, 16:02   #1
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough
Promotion finishing

My bills are going up because a 6 month promotion finishes this month, although I cannot remember the CSA originally saying the promotion was only for 6 months.

So I rang 150 from my landline whilst going through all the press 1 etc an activated voice said 'lets have a look what deals you are eligible 4, I see your £3 promotion is finishing, if you would like to extend it press 1' (or whatever)

I thought that I would rather talk to a person, a decent Geordie guy but he had a look at my account and told me he couldn't offer me anything at all.

A couple of hours later I returned to the 150 service and the offer option had been removed.
Although I cannot leave VM until September I may give them another call because I have no recollection of being told the promotion was for only 6 months.
I am not very happy at all about this Virgin Skullduggery.
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-03-2017, 16:24   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Promotion finishing

The promotion period should have been on the contract you were sent when you took the offer, and the offer end date will be on every bill that had the offer applied.
Old 22-03-2017, 16:27   #3
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

You should've pressed 1 (or whatever).
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 18:01   #4
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys, maybe It's not over yet, I like a challenge. I have had a look for my contract but it may have been an online agreement where I signed online.
I'm sure one CSA will look after a couple of OAPs, OAPs who are disillusioned with their Tivo service.
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 01:02   #5
MrB
cf.addict

MrB is on a distinguished roadMrB is on a distinguished road

This may be an account credit that the CS will have offered you (possibly when the prices went up? I had a £3 credit for 6 months when I phoned up in October about the price rise).

I also had that message but needed to speak to someone and unfortunately haven't had the message again since - it said it would re-apply the promotion for 6 months with no change to contract, so if anyone else has oneof these on their account it may be worth calling on the thinking of leaving line (150 from landline then 1,1,4,5) and see if the message is there (during opening hours). I don't know if there is a way to get it to appear again?
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 14:44   #6
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

I'm in the same position, i rang up on Thursday and got the same message about looking at my account. I did select the option 1 and got told my £3 discount had been applied for another 6 months and didn't affect my contract etc etc. Told I would get an e-mail within 48 hours.....48 hours later and no e-mail grrrr. Guess I'll have to ring up and speak to someone after all who no doubt will never have heard of the automated offers.

On a side note, is there anywhere on my account page that specifies when my contract ends ? The monthly bills itemise my credit(s) and when they expire, but there's no mention of my contract period.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 12:10   #7
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Rang againg today. The adviser i spoke to knew about the "auto" renewal option, he called it intelligent discount or similar. The system was still showing as the discount about to expire. He said he'd contact the team responsible and they'd get back to me so looks like i'll have to wait and see.
Typical that after I was initially quite impressed with VM efficiency i'm now left frustrated by a familiar feeling of confusion.
Old 14-04-2017, 14:37   #8
MrB
cf.addict

MrB is on a distinguished roadMrB is on a distinguished road

I have been calling every few days but the automated message had gone after being there at the start of last month . The discount has now expired this week - I called today and the discount message was there again, so I quickly accepted it - that's another £3 off my monthly bill for 6 months .
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 14:49   #9
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB View Post
I have been calling every few days but the automated message had gone after being there at the start of last month . The discount has now expired this week - I called today and the discount message was there again, so I quickly accepted it - that's another £3 off my monthly bill for 6 months .
But did you get your e-mail confirming it ? I've had nothing and spoken to 3 people in retentions about it, first told me wait another 48 hours, 2nd said wait another week, third said it could take up to ten days....fully expecting the next person to ask me to wait 6 months. Ironically the whole point of the automation is to reduce the calls to people in CS.
Old 19-04-2017, 09:42   #10
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

This sounds a bit like the IVR options to enter your password before speaking to an agent, and to run the diagnostic checks on your kit to self-resolve problems.

Somehow, both end up being useless 9 times out of 10. Far rather they reduce the need to call in the first place, than tinker round trying to handle the call "efficiently"
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 17:29   #11
rovert
Inactive

Services: Ex VM now P.O. BB & phone, Freeview.
rovert is on a distinguished roadrovert is on a distinguished road

Last week with a £3 discount agreed for 6 months due to end later this month I phoned VM following the menu to the "thinking of leaving us option". At that point I heard the automated message offering renewal of the discount for another 6 months. I accepted and another message followed saying I would receive an email in confirmation and that the discount would appear on my next bill. So far I have not had an email but I now have this month's bill which shows the £3 discount as running to November. It does seem that, in my case at least, the system works.
rovert is offline   Reply With Quote