Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 17-10-2017, 08:41   #3031
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

We now have over 8 DNP orders.

Here is some rumours we have been told. (Some may not like this)

-BT Sports to be removed from the old XL Pack (When old deal is up).
-But both AMC and BoxNation may launch on the BT Sport package.
-An well known broadcaster is up for sale.
Great to see AMC may arrive on Virgin Media, but not so happy that you would have to be a sports fan to get it.

---------- Post added at 07:41 ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Does any of this include UHD material,
I think that is a good possibility, but I haven't seen anything about it yet.
Advertisement
Old 17-10-2017, 09:20   #3032
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Great to see AMC may arrive on Virgin Media, but not so happy that you would have to be a sports fan to get it.

---------- Post added at 07:41 ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 ----------

I think that is a good possibility, but I haven't seen anything about it yet.
isn't that only way to get it on sky with bt sports too
Old 17-10-2017, 11:35   #3033
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Does everyone think we can expect a significant reduction in the cost of XL/Full House after (or if) BT Sport is removed?

I have to say I have a growing list of reasons to leave Virgin and the Sport on XL is pretty much the last thing that's keeping me with them. There would have to be a decent new offer for me to stay.
Old 17-10-2017, 12:01   #3034
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
Does everyone think we can expect a significant reduction in the cost of XL/Full House after (or if) BT Sport is removed?

I have to say I have a growing list of reasons to leave Virgin and the Sport on XL is pretty much the last thing that's keeping me with them. There would have to be a decent new offer for me to stay.
My answer to that is l somehow doubt it.

---------- Post added at 11:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 ----------

Quote:

If this scenario happens then the head honcho's better have a good plan of how they are going to replace it.
Old 17-10-2017, 12:43   #3035
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

Ever since BT sport's joined the XL package, it's been rumoured that it's leaving or being pulled.😂

---------- Post added at 11:43 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

I do know what I miss is the music on demand videos. Vevo just isn't the same, and I know nowadays we've got Spotify, google music and loads of others, including of course YouTube. But I did used to enjoy watching the videos on there.
Old 17-10-2017, 13:11   #3036
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoni View Post

I do know what I miss is the music on demand videos. Vevo just isn't the same, and I know nowadays we've got Spotify, google music and loads of others, including of course YouTube. But I did used to enjoy watching the videos on there.
The trouble with Vevo is its generally full of modern music and nowt much from the past which Virgins old music on demand system was perfect at IMO.
Old 17-10-2017, 13:23   #3037
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Thats true would only be the 200 internet keeping me but could keep internet and move to sky get 50% off deal and get UHD sport
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
Old 17-10-2017, 13:28   #3038
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The trouble with Vevo is its generally full of modern music and nowt much from the past which Virgins old music on demand system was perfect at IMO.
Exactly! It just felt like it was something that differentiated us from sky. Knowing virgin it was probably to do with cost and licensing issues.
Old 17-10-2017, 13:38   #3039
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs View Post
I believe BT Sport get most TV (not using web app) viewers from Virgin. I don't know anyone with Sky that also takes BT sport on a sky box they normally use a friends or family members account to view it online. I'm so surprised they haven't made you register devices like Virgin anywhere and Sky Go do.
Are those of us on Full House able to use the BT Sport web app too?

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

Quote:
My answer to that is l somehow doubt it.

---------- Post added at 11:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 ----------

If this scenario happens then the head honcho's better have a good plan of how they are going to replace it.
Maybe they are to use the money saved to pay extra to Sky to finally bring Sky Atlantic to the platform

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoni View Post
Ever since BT sport's joined the XL package, it's been rumoured that it's leaving or being pulled.😂

---------- Post added at 11:43 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

Totally agree, Veto is too much of a faff to use.
Old 17-10-2017, 13:51   #3040
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Are those of us on Full House able to use the BT Sport web app too?[COLOR="Silver"]
Nope we have to use Virgin TV Anywhere
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
Old 17-10-2017, 14:02   #3041
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I couldn't be bothered with music on TV get yourself a streaming subscription and a speaker setup in your home and your good to go.
Old 17-10-2017, 14:34   #3042
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:

You can get all the old stuff and more on You Tube.
Old 17-10-2017, 15:30   #3043
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

Maybe they are to use the money saved to pay extra to Sky to finally bring Sky Atlantic to the platform
I'm glad it was you who said that, Richard!

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
You can get all the old stuff and more on You Tube.
You took the words right out of my mouth, Max!

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I couldn't be bothered with music on TV get yourself a streaming subscription and a speaker setup in your home and your good to go.
Some of us like watching the music videos, MM.

---------- Post added at 14:30 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

Quote:

Given that BT Sport was meant to be 'free' to XL subscribers, it would be embarrassing if they now reduced prices on that basis!

Let's hope they will take Richard's suggestion to save face!
Old 17-10-2017, 17:48   #3044
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

It would be interesting to know whether more customers would prefer Sky Atlantic to BT Sport in Full House/XL.

Edit: Have your say!

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33705530

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 17-10-2017 at 18:06. Reason: Poll created to gauge opinion.
Old 17-10-2017, 18:25   #3045
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It would be interesting to know whether more customers would prefer Sky Atlantic to BT Sport in Full House/XL.

Edit: Have your say!

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33705530
BT Sports all the way - Probably a selfish vote because I can access Atlantic via Sky Go
Closed Thread