Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Top 100 films of the 21st century

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Top 100 films of the 21st century

Old 03-09-2016, 09:29   #1
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
http://qz.com/764287

I havent seen any on the list...
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2016, 10:06   #2
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: Top 100 films of the 21st century

What a rubbish list. Some excellent films there but I don't agree with the order. I never bother with what critics say when it comes to films anyway.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:26   #3
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Yes l kinda echo what peanut says as they don't erect statues for critics last time l heard as film tastes is in the eye of the beholder l always say.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:43   #4
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post

I havent seen any on the list...
While i agree with the others you are missing out if you truly haven't seen anything on that list, there are some brilliant movies there.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 18:17   #5
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Not seen or even HEARD of half of those movies. :/

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 20:11   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Rubbish list in my eyes.

Hardly any I have heard of there, I dont know any of the so called top 10 at all.

As peanut says, I have no interest in what "critics" say.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 22:37   #7
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

16 years into the 21 century means its not much of a list, imagine doing that for the 20th C just picking the first 16 years only.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 17:02   #8
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

I haven't heard of most of these and can honestly say I've never seen any of them.

Surely the true test of a great film is at the box office, not the critics opinions?
Old 04-09-2016, 21:27   #9
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I have heard of a lot of the list and seen quite a number of them.

However it is a really chappy list.
Old 04-09-2016, 22:41   #10
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Seen about 5, and I have a massive DVD & Blu-Ray film collection.
Old 04-09-2016, 22:57   #11
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I've heard of 41 and seen about 25 of them.
Old 04-09-2016, 23:14   #12
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

I've seen 48 of them for certain, maybe a couple more. I don't mind some art house films and some just go way over my head. I can easily say I didn't enjoy a lot of the ones I have seen in that list.
Old 06-09-2016, 21:01   #13
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I consider myself to be a movie fan and I haven't heard of half of them. This is why I never listen to anything critics have to say, they have such a stupid warped snobby attitude it is unreal. Where tf is Avatar, Gladiator and The Last Samurai?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 21:12   #14
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I tend to use comedy reviews before I watch them

You can thank the likes of Adam Sandler and his mates for pushing out utter crap every year. Steve Carell, Will Ferrell. Anything Melissa McCarthy plays a lead role in, you know, the generic American comedy released every other month.

Not every comedy of course, I tend to trust people like Jonah Hill, Bradley Cooper, Jesse Eisenberg, Simon Pegg and so on whom have produced some amazing comedies - The Hangover, Zombieland, Jump street.

It's just as soon as I see your typical American generic comedy trailer, there's no way I'm wasting my time without getting a good idea of how good/bad it is.

I'm not on the Adam Sandler hate wagon either though. It's become blatant now he cares little about quality and making a good movie, instead favoring getting a steady income. Early movies I enjoyed but may not stand up today, Little Nicky, Happy Gilmore etc. Even Bulletproof, which was destroyed by critics. I've seen quality comedy movies produced on a shoestring budget compared the the £100 million budget generic crap and the lower ones significantly outscore the other, In Bruges and What we do in the shadows to name two.

Besides that, critics are useless, hilariously low scores like 1/10-3.5/10 should be reserved for Tommy Wiseau, so seeing even half bad movies being dropped that low is insulting to think it's on the same level as something like 'The Room' arguably one of the worst movies ever made. Which actually stands at 3.5/10 with a budget of 6 million, if anyone could elaborate how he even spent such a figure for such a stinking piece of crap, i'd love to know.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 06-09-2016 at 21:19.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 21:07   #15
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I gave the list a look, agreed with some, disagreed with others, and was curious about some I'd never heard of, and seeing as I love movies, I'm going to give some a try. I certainly wouldn't call a list 'rubbish' just because some of them are unknown to me. That sounds like the kind of reaction you'd get from someone who believes that their opinion is the only right opinion, and if your opinion is different, then it must be wrong.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote