Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 16-09-2015, 23:08   #2926
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

I've hardly provided any preview feedback, so I'm not expecting to be in the Win 10 preview for a while
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-09-2015, 23:37   #2927
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I've hardly provided any preview feedback, so I'm not expecting to be in the Win 10 preview for a while
Same here!
Old 17-09-2015, 08:31   #2928
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Nor me, I've been more into using the console for iPlayer and Netflix lately rather than playing games.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2015, 09:38   #2929
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I have just had an email from MS regarding the New preview!

You have to OPT IN if you hope to get it and they will roll it out in waves.

Be warned guys this is VERY broken, so read up on what games and Apps don't work before taking the plunge.

I did Opt In but after reading the below i may Opt Out again!

http://www.windowscentral.com/heres-...rience-preview

Quote:
Games and Apps: The following are known issues with specific titles on the initial New Xbox One Experience updates.

Games Failing to Launch: The following games may fail to launch:

Guacamelee: SCTE
Unmechanical
Elite: Dangerous
Pool Nation FX
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
Xbox Fitness
Skylanders
Destiny: The Taken King
Game Compilation Discs (ex. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, Saints Row IV).
Forza 6: You may encounter graphical errors (screen turns a blue or purple hue) when participating in races

Assassin's Creed Unity: Installing Assassin's Creed Unity DLC while the game is open will cause it to crash when the DLC finishes downloading.

Elder Scrolls Online: Logging in to an existing character will cause an error indicating you do not have network connectivity and prevent you from connecting to the server.

Titles with DLC installation issues: You will be unable to install DLC from game collection as no manage UI is present. Simply download the DLC and bundled title from the Store.

Apps Failing to Launch: The following apps may fail to launch:

ABC News
VUDU
SlingTV
WWE
Showtime Anytime
Every Street United
BlinkBox
TWC TV
Apps with video issues: The following apps will launch but videos or streams will not play. - SyFy - USA Now - BravoNow - TED - MLB

General System Issues

System Update Errors: If you encounter an update error screen while downloading a system update and the console freezes, please wait 3 minutes before rebooting the console to ensure crash data is captured. Crash data is submitted automatically; no action required on your part.

Party Chat: When entering connected standby with a party chat session open, after resuming from connected standby party chat may no longer function. Workaround: Hard reset the console.

Xbox Button: While holding down a button on the controller or plugging in a racing wheel and pressing the Xbox button, the power menu may pop up after which the Xbox button will fail to recognize input. Workaround: Hard reset the console.

Automatic Downloads: Content purchased from Xbox.com will not automatically download to the Xbox One console. This feature is planned to come later.

Browser: You will be unable to use voice commands in the browser; using voice commands in the browser will likely cause the console to hang and require a hard reset to resolve the issue.

My games & apps: After downloading a system update My games & apps may fail to populate. Workaround: Hard reset the console.

Games stuck in the queue: You may find games are unexpectedly remaining in the download queue.

Notifications: Friends do not receive game toast notifications.

Live TV: The following issues affect the Live TV experience:

Cable/Satellite set top box compatibility is not yet at parity with the current Xbox One experience. Please continue to report video playback and audio issues using the Report a problem app to help us improve the experience. HDMI troubleshooting steps:

Go Home and press the menu button on the OneGuide app to quit, then restart it.
Unplug and re-plug the HDMI-in cable from the Xbox, ensuring it's seated securely in the port.
With the Xbox One turned on, pull the power cord on the cable/satellite box, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in.
Press and hold the power button on the front of the Xbox One to perform a hard reboot of the console.
Dolby Digital surround sound will not work for Live TV.

App channels cannot be set as a Favorite.

The "Xbox Snap TV" voice command does not work. You can snap TV via voice command by saying "Xbox Snap OneGuide" or choosing OneGuide from the Snap Center.

The OneGuide pin doesn't function. You can launch OneGuide using the app, voice commands, or from the OneGuide twist.

You may experience a stuck frame streaming TV to the Xbox App. You can enter OneGuide or resize your window to restore video playback.

The media transport controls do not work when streaming TV to SmartGlass and Xbox app clients.

When resuming from connected standby the Xbox One media remote may fail to send commands; a hard reset resolves this.

Community Twist

Currently this area is not fully populated with content and is missing large sections of the user experience. Activity feed content also may not be actionable and items on the trending items second level screen have not been fully tuned. As Preview moves forward content and features in this area will light up.

Xbox App/Smartglass

SmartGlass and Xbox App Live TV/OneGuide: You may experience issues connecting to Live TV or OneGuide when connecting to the console with SmartGlass. Workaround: Set your SmartGlass connection to auto connect, quit the app, and restart. If the issue persists, hard reset the console.

Basic SmartGlass functionality is now available including gamepad navigation, touch navigation, remote text entry, media playback control, and companions for apps and games. Other features such as two-finger touch panning, media companions, and power on/off will not function in this build.

Accessories

Xbox One Media Remote:

When resuming from connected standby the Xbox One media remote may fail to send commands; a hard reset resolves this.

The buttons for media playback will not work (rewind, play, pause, fast forward, skip back, stop, skip forward). The directional and center "select" button will function as normal.

USB TV Tuner: If you have a USB TV Tuner plugged into your Threshold Xbox One console, Windows and Windows Phone SmartGlass devices will crash when attempting to connect to the console. To avoid this, you can switch to the Xbox App on Windows 10 or reset your TV settings and avoid setting up the USB TV Tuner.

Third Party Steering Wheels: Using a third party steering wheel will work in games, however, it may cause instability to the console after attempting to use the Xbox button to return to the dashboard. Workaround: Hard reset the console.
Old 17-09-2015, 11:00   #2930
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age

I was going to opt-in (got the email as well) but also after reading that I am in two minds. I like trying new stuff but I dont want to break my console I notice you can opt-out but it will factory reset your console which means re-downloading everything again.
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2015, 11:02   #2931
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acathla View Post
I was going to opt-in (got the email as well) but also after reading that I am in two minds. I like trying new stuff but I dont want to break my console I notice you can opt-out but it will factory reset your console which means re-downloading everything again.
Where does it say factory reset as i missed that bit?
Old 17-09-2015, 11:10   #2932
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

When you're opting in to it it pops up.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2015, 11:15   #2933
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
When you're opting in to it it pops up.
Bollocks, well if i have to re download everything i will Opt Out again, unfortunately i can't yet do that as in the processing of Pending for Opting In.

I am hoping i can move back to the normal Preview group soon otherwise i may never get in the Preview again! This will teach me not to accept something without reading it properly.
Old 17-09-2015, 11:46   #2934
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

You only download everything again if you opt out I think.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2015, 11:48   #2935
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
You only download everything again if you opt out I think.
Oh right, still not sure i am ready for all the bugs though, i bet UK TV doesn't work and will stutter again! I also use the media remote all the time and they say that doesn't work, and if it stops me playing Elite Dangerous!
Old 17-09-2015, 15:17   #2936
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

You don't have to redownload eveything if all your stuff is mostly on an external HDD

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2015, 15:37   #2937
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I'm not touching the insider thing at all for a while. And now with my brother here for a week I have no time for gaming anyway or using the console at all.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2015, 17:04   #2938
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
You don't have to redownload eveything if all your stuff is mostly on an external HDD
Luckily i have an external.
Old 17-09-2015, 18:38   #2939
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I gather Win 10 is a cut down version of the PC one, no office suite etc.
Old 17-09-2015, 19:19   #2940
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Well, yeah - it's still a console.

It's "powered by Windows 10" rather than actually running full-on Windows 10.

As for the New Xbox One Experience Preview - Ha! No chance, not with that list of issues!
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote