Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The death of Scottish football?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2012 Pre-Season
Closed Thread

Old 27-11-2011, 18:18   #1
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Formula 1 2012 Pre-Season

Lets start discussion for next years 2012 season.

There's a few changes with Team lotus becoming Caterham and the Marussia Virgin team dropping the virgin name and no blown diffusers either next year.

I wonder if Rubens will retire and whether Torro Rosso will have a complete new lineup?
Advertisement
Old 27-11-2011, 18:23   #2
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Formula 1 2012 Pre-Season

Obviously several questions in my mind and the first is how much difference will not having no blown diffusers make next year and the other question is can McLaren close the gap next year on Red Bull.
Old 27-11-2011, 18:25   #3
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Rubens will retire from active racing, as I will from watching.
Old 27-11-2011, 22:34   #4
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Rubens will retire from active racing, as I will from watching.
Gonna have to join you in that. Mebbe get live standings, statuses and results from the net.
Old 28-11-2011, 06:59   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

It will be a rather pointless exercise next year because unless you are mug enough to subscribe to SKY Sports a service you do not want in or to subscribe to SKY F1 or whatever they will call it you will only get to see one race per month.

Another issue will be if SKY allow Virgin Media access to the channel at the start as it will be dependent on the outcome of any negotiations with regards to showing the channel.

I fully expect the BBC to find that it is not cost effective to carry on with its coverage and for SKY to take all of the races at which time commercial breaks will no doubt appear and probably at vital moments.

If the is a free streaming service maybe that will be the answer to continued viewing as I will not pay to watch it.
Old 28-11-2011, 07:54   #6
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
It will be a rather pointless exercise next year because unless you are mug enough to subscribe to SKY Sports a service you do not want in or to subscribe to SKY F1 or whatever they will call it you will only get to see one race per month.

Another issue will be if SKY allow Virgin Media access to the channel at the start as it will be dependent on the outcome of any negotiations with regards to showing the channel.

I fully expect the BBC to find that it is not cost effective to carry on with its coverage and for SKY to take all of the races at which time commercial breaks will no doubt appear and probably at vital moments.

If the is a free streaming service maybe that will be the answer to continued viewing as I will not pay to watch it.
Showing my age now but I seem to remember having discussions with people like this when sky got the football.
Old 28-11-2011, 08:16   #7
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthedead4 View Post
Showing my age now but I seem to remember having discussions with people like this when sky got the football.
The difference is I and many other people do not watch football or golf so it would be a rather expensive and pointless upgrade in order to then pay more to then watch an extra race per month.

I would rather find a channel online streaming F1 for free.
Old 28-11-2011, 08:18   #8
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society

What I meant was when football went to Sky I had the same discussion, because I did not watch golf and rugby and really any other sport at the time.
Old 28-11-2011, 08:42   #9
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthedead4 View Post
What I meant was when football went to Sky I had the same discussion, because I did not watch golf and rugby and really any other sport at the time.
Exactly so many people will no longer see these races due to the cost involved especially for channels they will never watch.

---------- Post added at 08:42 ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 ----------

Here is a link regards Virgin Media carrying the new F1 channel.

https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-...rticles/SKYF1/
Old 28-11-2011, 09:09   #10
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Exactly so many people will no longer see these races due to the cost involved especially for channels they will never watch.

---------- Post added at 08:42 ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 ----------

Here is a link regards Virgin Media carrying the new F1 channel.

https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-...rticles/SKYF1/
Nothing different in that press release to the one Virgin issued with regards to Sky Atlantic as just to say they are in talks but whether we will get it in HD is another matter.
Old 29-11-2011, 08:38   #11
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mot...enault-GP.html

Kimi Raikkonen set for Formula One return after signing a two-year deal with Lotus Renault GP
Old 29-11-2011, 10:38   #12
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Can I remind members that the F1 to Sky issue has it's own thread and that should be used to discuss any F1 on TV in 2012 issues
Old 29-11-2011, 19:47   #13
m8internet
Inactive

m8internet is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Team lotus becoming Caterham
In the last few races Lotus had already dropped their Tune Group branding
Can anyone confirm at which race this occured?

D'Ambrosio leaves in favour of Pic
Old 01-12-2011, 01:39   #14
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

THe changes that need to be made for next year (although they have tried to do this in the past), is to close the gaps between the different teams.

It seems that this year there was a clear order as to which teams had the best cars:
  1. Redbull by a mile. I don't believe they had the best drivers, but as far as the cars go, other teams couldn't come close.
  2. Mclaren are still way behind Redbull, but only managed to stop an even wider gap by having far superior drivers (even if Lewis does occasionally push his luck)
  3. Ferarri probably aren't that far behind Mclaren, but their drivers are. This showed when Lewis came to Mclaren and showed him how to drive.
  4. Mercedes. It was unlikely that they would be able to maintain their form that they showed in their first year as Brawn GP. But they are still hanging in there. I think they could probably do better if they didn't have a driver who used to be great, but is now more of a has been.
  5. Renault are bringing up the rear of the top teams, but will have to watch out for Force India snapping at their heels.
Old 02-12-2011, 20:26   #15
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Ferrari & Red Bull leave FOTA

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/form...e/16009873.stm

Well lets hope it leads to Bernies power ending and he quits F1.