Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 17-07-2017, 21:06   #436
Taf
cf.mega poster
 
Taf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kairdiff-by-the-sea
Age: 61
Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Posts: 7,514
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
If somebody needs somebody else to accompany them or needs a guide dog, then a Blue Badge wouldn't be appropriate.
Quite the opposite as it allows that person's driver to park close to locations the holder wishes, or needs, to visit. And I know 2 ladies who are driven close to locations with their guide dogs as second passenger.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-07-2017, 21:19   #437
nomadking
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Northampton
Services: Virgin Media TV&BB V+ STB
Posts: 3,979
nomadking has reached the bronze age
nomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze age
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Quite the opposite as it allows that person's driver to park close to locations the holder wishes, or needs, to visit. And I know 2 ladies who are driven close to locations with their guide dogs as second passenger.
Blue Badges have always been about physical restrictions to moving around. Being blind is not a physical restriction from getting to A to B, just finding the way.

Even the old DLA rules didn't count.
Quote:
they can make progress on foot without severe discomfort, they are virtually unable to walk
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 21:27   #438
dilli-theclaw
3xCABG
 
dilli-theclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,293
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

I have a blue badge.
__________________
The list of tools[K, RC, GL, M]
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 21:32   #439
weenie
Believe in yourself ...
BlackJack Champion, Buzz Lightyear Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, Hexxagon Champion, Hungry Bob Champion, Minigolf Champion, 5 In A Row Champion
 
weenie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Here & there ...
Services: tv phone mobile broadband tivo and v+ hd box
Posts: 4,453
weenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronze
weenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronze
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Blue badge
https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-g...#guide-content

You could get a Blue Badge to help you with parking if:
In England, Scotland or Wales, you have been awarded at least eight points for the moving around activity in the PIP test
In Scotland or Wales, you have been awarded 12 points for the planning and following journeys activity in the PIP test

You can find out how to apply on the Financial help if you’re disabled: Vehicles and transport page of the gov.uk website.

Taf I do understand this as according to this I should not have a blue badge as my award was
Mobility
Planning and following a journey - I was awarded (4)
Moving around- You can stand and then move more than 50 metres but no more than 200 metres either aided or unaided again awarded (4)

So it may still be worth your while applying for a badge for your lad.
__________________
In A World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Kind...

Last edited by weenie; 17-07-2017 at 21:49.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 09:02   #440
Ken W
cf.mega poster
 
Ken W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Winnersh UK
Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Posts: 1,430
Ken W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant future
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
.

The council said they only accept applications online through the gov.uk website, despite what their own website says. Then another bloke there said they can do face-to-face assessments in specific cases. Left hand, right hand again....


There are some folk that do not have internet access so there must be sent the form by post.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 20:12   #441
denphone
Still alive and happy
 
denphone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 44,058
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Because he's peddling an agenda
Sad really but sadly some form their opinions from their own one eyed uneducated prejudices and not proper fact based information.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
denphone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 20:42   #442
Hugh
Hic Sunt Dracones
Cable Forum Team
 
Hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 60
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 30,335
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Blue Badges have always been about physical restrictions to moving around. Being blind is not a physical restriction from getting to A to B, just finding the way.

Even the old DLA rules didn't count.
From the gov.uk website for Blue Badge online application (for a Leeds postcode).

Quote:
Select one of the options below


Reason for applying

I am over the age of two and registered as blind (severely sight impaired)

I have either a Certificate of Vision Impairment (CVI) or a BD8 form, signed by a consultant ophthalmologist, stating that I am severely sight impaired (blind) and I wish to be registered as severely sight impaired (blind) with my local authority

I receive the Higher Rate of the Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance

I receive a Personal Independence Payment (PIP) as I meet a 'Moving Around' descriptor for the Mobility Component because I either cannot stand or can stand but walk no more than 50 metres. This is a score of 8 points or more.

I receive a War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement

I receive a tariff within 1-8 (inclusive) of the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme and have been assessed as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking.

None of the above apply. Press Next for more options.
__________________
The Dunning-Kruger effect - it explains so much....

If my post is in bold, it's a moderating decision - if not, it's not.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 22:29   #443
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei
 
papa smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: the last resort
Services: every thing
Posts: 8,897
papa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny star
papa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny star
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Sad really but sadly some form their opinions from their own one eyed uneducated prejudices and not proper fact based information.
the facts are there is a lot of fiddling going on and trying to sweep it under the carpet won't work anymore sadly as sad as it sadly might sadly be sadly .
__________________
links posted from news sources are not necessarily my opinion
i don't have the time or the crayons to keep explaining this
papa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 12:41   #444
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei
 
papa smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: the last resort
Services: every thing
Posts: 8,897
papa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny star
papa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny star
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Ex-paratrooper known as 'Action Man Mark' fiddled £7,000 claiming he was too weak to walk more than 50 yards - despite climbing Kilimanjaro, finishing triathlons and going wing-walking






Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4nN3uxQUo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
__________________
links posted from news sources are not necessarily my opinion
i don't have the time or the crayons to keep explaining this
papa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 13:37   #445
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier
 
heero_yuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Worthing West Sussex
Age: 60
Services: VM 70M SHUB thingy in modem mode XL TV VboxHD Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
Posts: 13,304
heero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny stars
heero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Ex-paratrooper known as 'Action Man Mark' fiddled £7,000 claiming he was too weak to walk more than 50 yards - despite climbing Kilimanjaro, finishing triathlons and going wing-walking
Presumably we should also add Oscar winning acting to his "talents"?
__________________
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
However history will change with my coronation - Mariemaia Kushrenada

Last edited by heero_yuy; 20-07-2017 at 13:38. Reason: Different bold
heero_yuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 21:33   #446
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei
 
papa smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: the last resort
Services: every thing
Posts: 8,897
papa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny star
papa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny star
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

hey diddle diddle the bin mans on the fiddle


Benefit fraudster who claimed he could only walk two yards in 15 minutes is filmed working as a BINMAN

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4ngmX1JzL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
__________________
links posted from news sources are not necessarily my opinion
i don't have the time or the crayons to keep explaining this
papa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 23:03   #447
RizzyKing
You gotta laugh :D
 
RizzyKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,300
RizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny star
RizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny star
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

No one is saying or has ever said there are no frauds out there as clearly there are and i hope when caught the full weight of the law is brought to bear and ideally custodial sentences. For the few frauds and despite how the media portrays things it is a few given the number of total claimants it is wrong to cause the stress and worry the current system does. The current system is useless and it wouldn't be so bad if competent assessments were being conducted but they are not and because reality doesn't fit what the DWP want they continue to move the goalposts making the system more stressful for the genuine claimants.

Here's the biggest joke of all though the current system DOES NOT catch frauds it does nothing to reduce the amount of fraud because most assessor's are not medically trained and have no real practical knowledge of pain thus making it easy to fool them. People here and elsewhere talking about how the genuine must suffer so that we minimise fraud have been lied too left, right and centre that the system does anything more then create problems for people who are already suffering. So support the system if you want but don't pretend it's about cutting fraud because there isn't a single piece of reliable evidence to support the cutting fraud lie.
RizzyKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 07:22   #448
denphone
Still alive and happy
 
denphone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 44,058
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
No one is saying or has ever said there are no frauds out there as clearly there are and i hope when caught the full weight of the law is brought to bear and ideally custodial sentences. For the few frauds and despite how the media portrays things it is a few given the number of total claimants it is wrong to cause the stress and worry the current system does. The current system is useless and it wouldn't be so bad if competent assessments were being conducted but they are not and because reality doesn't fit what the DWP want they continue to move the goalposts making the system more stressful for the genuine claimants.

Here's the biggest joke of all though the current system DOES NOT catch frauds it does nothing to reduce the amount of fraud because most assessor's are not medically trained and have no real practical knowledge of pain thus making it easy to fool them. People here and elsewhere talking about how the genuine must suffer so that we minimise fraud have been lied too left, right and centre that the system does anything more then create problems for people who are already suffering. So support the system if you want but don't pretend it's about cutting fraud because there isn't a single piece of reliable evidence to support the cutting fraud lie.
A excellent rational thought out post unlike the prejudiced.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
denphone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 15:40   #449
Kursk
E²=[mc²]²+[pc]²
 
Kursk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,458
Kursk has disabled reputation
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
No one is saying or has ever said there are no frauds out there as clearly there are and i hope when caught the full weight of the law is brought to bear and ideally custodial sentences. For the few frauds and despite how the media portrays things it is a few given the number of total claimants it is wrong to cause the stress and worry the current system does. The current system is useless and it wouldn't be so bad if competent assessments were being conducted but they are not and because reality doesn't fit what the DWP want they continue to move the goalposts making the system more stressful for the genuine claimants.

Here's the biggest joke of all though the current system DOES NOT catch frauds it does nothing to reduce the amount of fraud because most assessor's are not medically trained and have no real practical knowledge of pain thus making it easy to fool them. People here and elsewhere talking about how the genuine must suffer so that we minimise fraud have been lied too left, right and centre that the system does anything more then create problems for people who are already suffering. So support the system if you want but don't pretend it's about cutting fraud because there isn't a single piece of reliable evidence to support the cutting fraud lie.
1. You accept that there is fraud;
2. You say the current system does not identify fraud;
3. You say genuine claimants suffer because of the system;
4. You imply the DWP have an agenda that causes stress for genuine claimants;
5. You call into question the capability of assessors;
6. You say the current system is useless.

Rather than insulting hard-working and underpaid civil servants, what system for controlling and delivering public funds to genuine claimants, whilst minimising fraud, would you suggest?
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 20:15   #450
RizzyKing
You gotta laugh :D
 
RizzyKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,300
RizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny star
RizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny starRizzyKing has a nice shiny star
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

I have suggested it in the past hand the assessment process over to the NHS in fact I've said it more then once over the last few years as the doctors that deal with people. Anyone claiming disability benefits longterm has at least one consultant who are far better placed to give an accurate assessment then someone who attends company courses some of which last a whole 12 weeks to become an assessor. Consultants these days do not keep people on their lists if they don't believe there is an issue and have the distance from patients to render an objective assessment.

Yes the DWP does have an agenda and that agenda is to lower the numbers claiming benefits regardless of whether those people are genuinely entitled to them or have conditions that more then eligible. The private company's conducting the assessments take their lead from the DWP and act accordingly this was shown by the documentary that was made when ATOS was the main one doing the assessments and the trainers told the class that the DWP expected a set failure rate.

I dont have an issue with the assessor's how could i they probably were out of work before getting their job and as someone who wishes i could work i understand taking anything rather then nothing but that doesn't excuse the DWP or the company's themselves. If you want proif look at the tribunals it's a ridiculously high level of judgements for the claimants and still the DWP doesn't improve the assessment. They would rather change the tribunal process and prevent their bad decisions being overturned and that's what they are doing now removing advocates and other resources the claimant had to help them.

Out of curiousity are you in the system Kursk?.
RizzyKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:57.


Server: selenium.zmnt.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.