Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | England Friendly

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

England Friendly

Old 11-08-2010, 23:45   #16
yesman

Re: England Friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
Stevie Gerrard finally learns how to play football in an England top. Shame it's taken him around 6 years though
Unfortunately I didn't get home in time to see tonights game, so I can't really comment, but I know what you mean, Gerrard seems to have improved since being made captain, perhaps having that authority is what makes him tick.

More importantly, how did the youngsters do ?
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2010, 23:51   #17
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman View Post
Unfortunately I didn't get home in time to see tonights game, so I can't really comment, but I know what you mean, Gerrard seems to have improved since being made captain, perhaps having that authority is what makes him tick.

More importantly, how did the youngsters do ?
I can't help wondering if its due to Lampard not playing, so he's free to do what he does best.... I didnt see the whole game, so i'm not sure if he started?

The youngsters did well, i don't usually enjoy England games but this was actually quite entertaining and they gave a positive show for the future imo
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:51   #18
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post
I can't help wondering if its due to Lampard not playing, so he's free to do what he does best.... I didnt see the whole game, so i'm not sure if he started?

The youngsters did well, i don't usually enjoy England games but this was actually quite entertaining and they gave a positive show for the future imo
Lampard started. Yes we won and we looked a little better but it was still in patches. We still gave away the ball far too much and lets be honest they may have been the best side in the world but that was a long time ago. They are 63 places below us in FIFA rankings and not made a tournament since the 80s. Not being able to keep the ball against them is a bit of a worry
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:41   #19
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer View Post
Lampard started. Yes we won and we looked a little better but it was still in patches. We still gave away the ball far too much and lets be honest they may have been the best side in the world but that was a long time ago. They are 63 places below us in FIFA rankings and not made a tournament since the 80s. Not being able to keep the ball against them is a bit of a worry
That pretty well sums it up. Their guy on the right cut i na couple of times and if the quality of the crosses had been better there could have been problems. I think Lampard, Cole and Gerrard played well overall, Rooney was looking jaded. No one really bossed the midfield.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote