Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | belkin n1 vision security

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

belkin n1 vision security

Old 23-01-2009, 11:52   #1
clair
Inactive

clair is an unknown quantity at this point
belkin n1 vision security

i have virgin media cable and have just gone wireless with a belkin n1 vision. my internet works fine but im not sure if my network is secure. When i installed the router i set up wpa security and thought all was secure. Problem is when i go into my network center it says belkin n1 connected but does not say security enabled, but if i go into manage wireless networks it says belkin n1- security wpa personal, does this mean i am secure, any advice would put my mind at rest, with thanks.
clair is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-01-2009, 11:55   #2
kurtis
Inactive

kurtis is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: belkin n1 vision security

if it asked for a password when you connected to it then it is secure.
kurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2009, 13:40   #3
clair
Inactive

clair is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there anyway to test it is secure or to look for something on my pc that will show me? Also i have hp photosmart c4380 wireless printer but it wont connect wirelessly i have tried uninstalling it and gone through the instructions twice but keep getting, ERROR WHILE SAVING THE SETTINGS TO THE DEVICE, any help please im new to wireless.
clair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2009, 14:08   #4
Horace
©Beam Software

Services: BB (200mbit), 1x V6, iPad, iPhone
Horace has disabled reputation

The Windows network icon will explicitly state WPA on your router if you're using WZC to connect. http://sfghdean.ucsf.edu/wireless/im...sf/wifig02.jpg < the AP on the bottom is secure, the AP at the top isn't. Make sure you don't use regular, dictionary, words for your passphrase too, a long (20 characters + ) mix of numbers and letters is probably best, pop it onto a text file using notepad and put that file onto a usb-key for ease of access.
Horace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2009, 23:34   #5
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

hi clair, i too am using a belkin n1 vision with virgin media the option in the web interface is to set the security password to your home network it does the job as the option in windows so yes you are protected .To check this your security software if you have it (i use norton 2009)will tell you if your network is secure