Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 01-06-2017, 18:37   #4816
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

I like it when it is used effectively. The Marvel, Star Trek and Pizar films look fantastic in 3d. I have only ever seen Avatar in 3d. I think i went to see it at the cinema 9 times and then i bought an active 3d tv and 3d bluray player and bose surround sound system so i could watch it again.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2017, 15:45   #4817
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

The Mummy: 6/10

Wasn't what I expected it tbh. It was nice and dark which is what I was hoping for but they tried to blend it in with some cheesy moments like the Brendon Fraser movies and it just didn't work. Like Batman vs Superman, this is clearly supposed to setup the Universal Cinematic Universe (which I know nothing about) with Jekyll and Hyde and it doesn't do anything for me.
Old 09-06-2017, 16:07   #4818
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

The new xXx movie. 2/10 Tripe.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 16:52   #4819
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 View Post
It is on my to do list and I have been putting it off because I was worried about that. I watched the new Underworld film last night and didn't think much of it. I still need to watch Resident Evil and xXx and I am not expecting much from them either. If you would like a pleasant surprise though, you should watch John Wick 2.
Old 09-06-2017, 17:04   #4820
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Wonder Woman in IMAX 3D - really enjoyed it.

8/10
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 19:04   #4821
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

The Mummy - 3/10

Yep despite saying in the other thread that the trailer put me off, I still gave it a chance and of course it failed miserably. I actually liked Brendan Fraser's versions, the theme, the setting, everything. This was nothing remotely close and was merely Mission Impossible: Mummy Protocol.
Old 11-06-2017, 19:34   #4822
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
This was nothing remotely close and was merely Mission Impossible: Mummy Protocol.
lol that is great, I hope it gets used as a quote for a review somewhere.
Old 11-06-2017, 19:49   #4823
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
lol that is great, I hope it gets used as a quote for a review somewhere.
I actually got it from elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKZbgOPNK1E
Old 12-06-2017, 18:15   #4824
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Like Batman vs Superman, this is clearly supposed to setup the Universal Cinematic Universe (which I know nothing about) with Jekyll and Hyde and it doesn't do anything for me.
From Foxnews:

Quote:
Warner Bros.' "Wonder Woman" wrapped up Cruise's "The Mummy" at the weekend box office, pulling in an estimated $57.2 million in North American theaters, according to studio estimates Sunday. Universal's "The Mummy" looked its age, selling a relatively feeble $32.2 million in tickets in its debut weekend.

That couldn't compete with "Wonder Woman" in its second weekend. The Gal Gadot superhero film, directed by Patty Jenkins, has quickly earned $205 million domestically in two weeks.
The poor North American opening for "The Mummy," which cost an estimated $125 million to produce, meant a weak start for Universal's ballyhooed "Dark Universe."
"The Mummy" is intended to launch a new, Marvel-style connected franchise that resurrects many of the famous monster characters — including Frankenstein, Dracula and The Invisible Man —from the studio's vaults.
Universal could still point to strong ticket sales overseas, where "The Mummy" grossed $141.8 million in 63 territories, including $52.2 million in China. According to Universal, it's the biggest worldwide opening for Cruise, whose star power shines brightest internationally where audiences have been more forgiving of the actor's baggage.
But critics slammed the film, directed by Alex Kurtzman; it has a dismal 17 percent "fresh" rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Audiences agreed, giving "The Mummy" a B-minus CinemaScore.
Universal distribution executives trumpeted the film's international performance while acknowledging the North American gross left something to be desired. But should there be any doubt, it's still full-steam ahead for the Dark Universe. Johnny Depp is already signed up to play the Invisible Man, as is Javier Bardem to play Frankenstein's Monster. "Beauty and the Beast" director Bill Condon is set to helm "Bride of Frankenstein."
Old 13-06-2017, 06:31   #4825
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 View Post
What else can one expect given its the 8th in the series.
Old 13-06-2017, 09:12   #4826
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
What else can one expect given its the 8th in the series.
You are thinking of Fast and the Furious (which was really really good). This is the third installment of the xXx franchise. Previously there was xXx (which was excellent snd what i always wanted James Bond to be) and xXx: State of the Union.

Last edited by General Maximus; 13-06-2017 at 09:28.
Old 13-06-2017, 14:53   #4827
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I liked the latest xXx movie (its the only one of the series I have seen).

Went to see Wonder Woman on Sunday.
Good action movie, slightly different to my expectations - 7/10.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2017, 15:59   #4828
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is on my to do list and I have been putting it off because I was worried about that. I watched the new Underworld film last night and didn't think much of it. I still need to watch Resident Evil and xXx and I am not expecting much from them either. If you would like a pleasant surprise though, you should watch John Wick 2.
I'm looking forward to it, I enjoyed the first one.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2017, 00:26   #4829
General Maximus
Ran Away

yup, I was well chuffed with myself that I went to see it at the cinema. It is one of those films/sequels where you go in not expecting much and then you get blown away.
Old 17-06-2017, 17:02   #4830
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I did also really enjoy xXx 3. Was a daft but fun film and what the second one should have been.

Wonder Woman = 8/10

Cracking movie from start to finish. really well done origin story too.