Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Designated Survivor

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Designated Survivor

Old 02-09-2017, 23:38   #1
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star
Designated Survivor

Just started watching this, and it looks quite good, although I am a fan of Kiefer Sutherland due to watching 24 as well. Anyone else watching it?
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2017, 02:08   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Designated Survivor

Strange, I thought there was a thread for this already as it was on primetime US TV (ABC) last year.

I gave up after about 5 episodes, it just seemed too much like 24, and another presidential conspiracy series.
It must have done well enough though, as it got the full 22 episode order for season 1, and renewed for season 2.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 18:24   #3
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I thought we had a thread as well, I distinctly remember you whining about it

I love it anyways and can't wait for season 2. I am so chuffed it got a full season order because too many good shows these days run on 13-16 episode seasons. I am glad to see Grey's is still going strong on full seasons as did TVD. I would like to see stuff like The Last Ship and The Walking Dead go to full seasons as well.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 22:44   #4
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I'm the total opposite to you. I'd love more shows to be 12/13 episodes. I see full season shows have way too much filler.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 22:57   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I would have to go through my list and see how many series i have got are 20+ eps but the ones i can think of off the top of my head like SG1, Atlantis, the star treks and Greys have all been fantastic. I have never seen a bad episode of Grey's Anatomy.
Old 08-04-2018, 00:26   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

You may require a change of underwear for this weeks ep, I could barely contain myself.
Old 08-04-2018, 19:00   #7
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Aha, so you're the one who is still watching it.

Last I heard it was still a toss-up as to whether this gets a 3rd season.

Old 08-04-2018, 19:15   #8
General Maximus
Ran Away

It should do, it is still good. The pilot started with a particiular story arc which they maintained through season 1 and i wasnt sure how they were going to manage a second season. Season 2 has built on the first season and just got better. It is like 24 where it keeps you hooked and you still want more at the end of each ep.
Old 09-04-2018, 16:54   #9
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I gave up in the first few episodes of s2. It seemed like someone else took over the show and wanted to get rid of the story from the first season.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 17:29   #10
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
It seemed like someone else took over the show and wanted to get rid of the story from the first season.
they did and I can understand them wanting to phase it out because if it dragged on and on it would just getting boring and lose all the tension and suspense. They found the bad guy behind the bombing and wrapped up his story line and it branched off from their. It is like 24 where the first half of the season starts with one bad guy then there is a twist half way through and they have to deal with someone else. If you liked the premise of the show and enjoyed season 1 I strongly suggest you revisit season 2, you won't be disappointed.
Old 16-05-2018, 00:30   #11
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

This got cancelled last week, no Season 3.

Old 16-05-2018, 09:53   #12
General Maximus
Ran Away

Half good news:

Quote:
Is there a chance for Designated Survivor? Deadline reports eOne is shopping the cancelled ABC TV show to other outlets for a third season.

According to Deadline, Designated Survivor‘s producer, eOne, is beginning to shop the series around for a third season. Although nothing has been finalized, an executive from eOne has said the show is “not over” yet.
Old 16-05-2018, 15:58   #13
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

There is a rumour that Netflix are in talks with them.

Old 16-05-2018, 20:44   #14
General Maximus
Ran Away

great, most of the series I watch are scifi or super hero so whilst Designated Survivor isn't the best tv series ever, it is quality drama with action and suspense. It would be a shame if it got cancelled.
Old 28-06-2018, 21:02   #15
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
I gave up in the first few episodes of s2. It seemed like someone else took over the show and wanted to get rid of the story from the first season.
Surely, this is all about the designated survivor as president getting the country back to normality. That's what he's doing, and with his own individual view of what a president should be about.

Trump should watch it.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote