Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | dI-524 router

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

dI-524 router

Old 29-09-2007, 14:57   #1
samier
Inactive

samier is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face dI-524 router

please i am desperate to get router connected to wireless laptop, i have been advised to connect without virgin modem, i have unlimited broadband the installition disc came with router i would like straight forward advice to get up and running many thanks sam:
samier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-09-2007, 15:14   #2
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai
Re: dI-524 router

I suggest you go here:
http://www.dlink.com/products/suppor...16&pv=64&sec=0

Download the quickstart guide and follow the instructions. You will need an ethernet cable for the initial setup.
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 17:44   #3
MikeyB
cf.geek

Services: BT FTTP, Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat+
MikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by samier View Post
...i have been advised to connect without virgin modem...
Not sure who advised you of this, but you will still need to use the Virgin modem, you will need to plug the wireless router into it.
MikeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 18:28   #4
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyB View Post
Not sure who advised you of this, but you will still need to use the Virgin modem, you will need to plug the wireless router into it.
and it's also necessary to have the modem connected when you run router setup as the 'wizard' will try to check your broadband connection type and make the appropriate settings.
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 19:27   #5
samier
Inactive

samier is an unknown quantity at this point

i have installed router no internet access how do i obtain that?
samier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 21:58   #6
MikeyB
cf.geek

Services: BT FTTP, Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat+
MikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by samier View Post
i have installed router no internet access how do i obtain that?
What exactly have you done?

Basic steps:
Turn off PC
Turn off Virgin Modem
Unplug PC from Modem
Plug Router into Modem
Switch Virgin modem on
Switch router on
Switch PC
Use the wireless software on your laptop to setup the connection and security.
MikeyB is offline   Reply With Quote