Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Revolution

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Revolution

Old 17-05-2005, 17:43   #1
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Revolution

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05...s_6125078.html

Nintendo are the last to show there new, flat, and (imo) rather nice console. A simple, sleek, black design. Its the least powerful, but then nintendo have always been about games rather than power

Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-05-2005, 17:44   #2
Jarandco
Inactive

Services: NTL 2 MEG
Jarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to Jarandco
Re: Revolution

Does look nice, but apaprently its only about 2 to 3 times more powerful than the gamecube. But as you say Nintendo do focus on the games, ive heard somehwere they are focusing online which is a good start, but we should find out some more in the next few hours!
Jarandco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2005, 17:45   #3
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to TigaSefi

I am so getting a red or purple version there been more photos and there about 5 different colors. so Xbox360 and revolution, PS3 can go whistle as usual.

remember Nintendo are always honest bout power while Sony/Microsoft massively hype their power up. Emotion engine, 60 million polys a sec rings a bell ?
TigaSefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2005, 18:07   #4
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Nintendo & PS3 or xbox maybe xbox since its first
Old 18-05-2005, 00:00   #5
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

The Revolution looks great. Tiny too!

Like the PS3 & the XBox360, the Revolution is going to be backwards compatible...but with a difference!

As well as playing GC games too, it'll also be able to access an online "library" of *all* past Nintendo games...N64, SNES, & NES.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2005, 02:03   #6
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

the revolution or lack of it in my eyes, very disappointing from nintendo, showing a 'prototype' of the console and well nothing really on the games front...

oh and a new version of the gameboy suprise!
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2005, 08:02   #7
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

I think it was amazing as well, Being able to download all previous N64/SNES games!

Also E3 should show more details
Old 18-05-2005, 08:37   #8
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Actually I quite like the look of the little gameboy... (Assuming the screen is backlit/frontlit of course although I doubt they'd be stupid enough to make THAT mistake again)

I still have my gamecube and will no doubt get one of the new consoles too. But it will be in addition to either a 360 or ps3.

I do like the games that nintendo put out.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2005, 09:25   #9
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Man - all the SNES games on back catalogue - all the mario kart games, f-zeros etc.

SWEET!
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2005, 10:41   #10
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Yeah that would be coool. I'd love to play the Donkey Kong games again from the Snes.
I've still got my Game Cube and am not going to be giving up on it just yet. This small console still has a lot of power in it and is very well built.
The new Zelda will certainly be on the Cube so I'm looking forward to that.

As for the Revolution, it looks interesting. Obviosuly with another 6 or so months there is going to probably be a few modifications and maybe even the name shall change, but it may also be beefed up even more allowing for an even bigger spec machine...after seeing what Sony and MS have showed off.

It will be interesting to see how this machine works and interacts with the user, and the way Nintendo aim to make gaming different from other consoles.
The games should definately be good and with lots of japanese backing, Im sure they will be.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2005, 11:22   #11
Millay
Inactive

Millay has reached the bronze age
Millay has reached the bronze ageMillay has reached the bronze ageMillay has reached the bronze ageMillay has reached the bronze ageMillay has reached the bronze ageMillay has reached the bronze ageMillay has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Millay Send a message via Yahoo to Millay

Interstingly all 3 consoles will now be using IBM Powerpc processors.... theres a bit of a surprise big blue big in gaming :
Millay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2005, 11:50   #12
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas
the revolution or lack of it in my eyes, very disappointing from nintendo, showing a 'prototype' of the console and well nothing really on the games front...

oh and a new version of the gameboy suprise!

They showed us aproto type so the fans know that there is a console on its way. Instead, they are tactfully working on making it the best machine they can make and launch it once it is finally ready.
As for the games front, I doubt they will dissapoint. They have many of the big publishers and Japanese backing the console and a lot of Nintendo games are excellent in the way they are built.

As for a new version of the gameboy..... Why not ? Its one of the most successful handheld systems ever and has always been popular.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2005, 13:39   #13
bob_builder
Inactive

Services: ntl digital basepack ntl 1M broadband
bob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigaSefi
I am so getting a red or purple version there been more photos and there about 5 different colors. so Xbox360 and revolution, PS3 can go whistle as usual.

I think I will go for either the silver or the lime one!
bob_builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2005, 14:16   #14
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

White one to go with my Xbox360 and White PS3