Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Chronicles of Rishi

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Chronicles of Rishi
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 16:18   #1681
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: The Chronicles of Rishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I managed a smile. I fear that most of the UK agrees with you. But we'll get bitten by Labour and shat on by the Conservatives.

I'll spoil it now: Farage as leader of the Tories and in power by 2030.

I agree with you on the former but not the latter. The Tories are now so extreme in their policy positioning that are are basically no different to UKIP/Reform so the return of Farage is a natural move and one I think will be attempted.

The good news is that if they do this, it will extend their time in the political wilderness.
Old 04-03-2024, 16:25   #1682
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:

And Labour will be shitter than the Tories.
What are their policies?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 04-03-2024, 16:51   #1683
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I agree with you on the former but not the latter. The Tories are now so extreme in their policy positioning that are are basically no different to UKIP/Reform so the return of Farage is a natural move and one I think will be attempted.

The good news is that if they do this, it will extend their time in the political wilderness.
There I differ from you.

If you watch Farage on GB News, he only talks common sense. He points out where the Tories are going wrong, and Labour too.

I suspect that you draw your similarity claim from their positions on migration. Actually, Tory party (as per Sunak) and Farage are poles apart except on the boats, which are a small fraction of the numbers. Farage wants to stop the 900K or so per year of visa-grants with dependants because the country cannot absorb these numbers given the housing shortage.

The real problem is that the Tories will have left a mess more monumental than many people realise and so much so that Labour won't know how to get us out of it.

At the moment, the country runs courtesy of British business. That'll likely still bimble on if they aren't further taxed.

---------- Post added at 16:51 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
What are their policies?
Doesn't matter really. But my take is that Labour has only one policy: Piss on what they think are the rich. The rest is their rhetoric.

As an executive, they will have to continue paying down the Covid debt. They will have to find a way of stimulating investment which requires cash that they won't have; that's how bad the Tories have performed.

My advice is at your risk.

Last edited by Sephiroth; 04-03-2024 at 17:01.
Old 04-03-2024, 16:53   #1684
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Paul Scully MP

https://twitter.com/scullyp/status/1764618324476846373

Quote:
Otherwise we risk pushing ourselves into an ideological cul-de-sac. The standard deviation model is true in politics. Most people are in the middle. We can work with the bell curve or become the bell-ends. We need to make that decision. I fear the electorate already is!...
Oh yes ...
Old 04-03-2024, 18:59   #1685
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
There I differ from you.

If you watch Farage on GB News, he only talks common sense. He points out where the Tories are going wrong, and Labour too.

I suspect that you draw your similarity claim from their positions on migration. Actually, Tory party (as per Sunak) and Farage are poles apart except on the boats, which are a small fraction of the numbers. Farage wants to stop the 900K or so per year of visa-grants with dependants because the country cannot absorb these numbers given the housing shortage.

The real problem is that the Tories will have left a mess more monumental than many people realise and so much so that Labour won't know how to get us out of it.

At the moment, the country runs courtesy of British business. That'll likely still bimble on if they aren't further taxed.

---------- Post added at 16:51 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

Doesn't matter really. But my take is that Labour has only one policy: Piss on what they think are the rich. The rest is their rhetoric.

As an executive, they will have to continue paying down the Covid debt. They will have to find a way of stimulating investment which requires cash that they won't have; that's how bad the Tories have performed.
Labour pissing on what they think as the rich is still better than the tories pissing on anyone apart from the Uber rich.

Also, could you define labours perception of ‘rich’ please ?
Old 04-03-2024, 19:25   #1686
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Labour pissing on what they think as the rich is still better than the tories pissing on anyone apart from the Uber rich.

Also, could you define labours perception of ‘rich’ please ?
Absolutely no need to do this. Everyone, including you, broadly understands who Labour perceive as rich.

Old 04-03-2024, 19:31   #1687
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Absolutely no need to do this. Everyone, including you, broadly understands who Labour perceive as rich.
I know that's your standard way of ducking a question you can't answer, but I honestly don't understand so would really like you to tell me.
Old 04-03-2024, 19:47   #1688
mrmistoffelees

mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
I actually don’t so would you be so good as to clarify ?
Old 04-03-2024, 19:51   #1689
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Anyone who votes Conservative represents people that Labour considers as rich. If I get to specifics, it'll just spur a nugatory rash of rebuttals and or arguments about minutiae.

There is perhaps something I can say - most parliamentary politicians are in it for themselves. The Tories think they can get power by promising that they'll make everyone richer (Thatcher got closest); Labour try to stoke up people they consider to be have nots. Labour knows they are out there and after a bad spell of Tory government they'll appeal to a lot of people who just want to give the Tories a kicking.

In fact, both parties are now total rubbish. I'm prolly one of the few true Conservatives who hope to eventually get back to better days.

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

Quote:
I actually don’t so would you be so good as to clarify ?
Please see my clarification in the preceding post.

Old 04-03-2024, 20:13   #1690
mrmistoffelees

So here are some thoughts (albeit from a while ago) on what Labour and the British public clarify as to what make someone rich via their earnings

https://yougov.co.uk/politics/articl...n-year-be-rich

There is actually a bracket that’s missing here and that is the 40% payers earning over 100k who lose a part of their tax free allowance

Sephi would you agree or disagree with the public’s sample set here ?

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

Also,

‘ Anyone who votes Conservative represents people that Labour considers as rich.’

Not really true is it considering the red wall collapse at the last GE
Old 04-03-2024, 20:16   #1691
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Anyone who votes Conservative represents people that Labour considers as rich. If I get to specifics, it'll just spur a nugatory rash of rebuttals and or arguments about minutiae.

There is perhaps something I can say - most parliamentary politicians are in it for themselves. The Tories think they can get power by promising that they'll make everyone richer (Thatcher got closest); Labour try to stoke up people they consider to be have nots. Labour knows they are out there and after a bad spell of Tory government they'll appeal to a lot of people who just want to give the Tories a kicking.

In fact, both parties are now total rubbish. I'm prolly one of the few true Conservatives who hope to eventually get back to better days.

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

Please see my clarification in the preceding post.
New definition of "clarification" I hadn’t come across before…

Dictionary definition - an explanation or more details that makes something clear or easier to understand:

Seph’s definition - refuses to explain or give more details…

I believe you have missed out "lack of" before "clarification"…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 04-03-2024, 20:27   #1692
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
So here are some thoughts (albeit from a while ago) on what Labour and the British public clarify as to what make someone rich via their earnings

https://yougov.co.uk/politics/articl...n-year-be-rich

There is actually a bracket that’s missing here and that is the 40% payers earning over 100k who lose a part of their tax free allowance

Sephi would you agree or disagree with the public’s sample set here ?

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

Also,

‘ Anyone who votes Conservative represents people that Labour considers as rich.’

Not really true is it considering the red wall collapse at the last GE

Well, I must give you credit for attempting to answer the question you put to me. What you've done is provide a quantitative answer, while mine was 'qualitative'. (In other words you did better than me!)

The article is 7 years old, so perhaps £100K would be more realistic than £70K. But the true point of the article is that whoever is considered by Labour to be rich must be asked to pay more in tax. Btw, with the average salary being c. £36K/annum, I suspect that most Labour supporters would stick with £70K or even lower.

On your red wall point, yes you're right.

Old 04-03-2024, 20:48   #1693
ianch99
cf.mega poster

Quote:
We know but it seems you clearly do not so an answer please. Where have Labour defined who is "rich"?

Last edited by ianch99; 04-03-2024 at 20:52.
Old 04-03-2024, 20:52   #1694
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
We know but it seems you clearly do not so an answer please
Already answered.

Old 04-03-2024, 20:54   #1695
ianch99
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Already answered.
Not really. Where have Labour defined who they "consider", as you put it, as "rich"?

A reminder, you said:

Quote:
Anyone who votes Conservative represents people that Labour considers as rich.