Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | problem with belkin adsl wireless router f5d7632uk4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

problem with belkin adsl wireless router f5d7632uk4

Old 17-10-2005, 19:54   #1
gt4god2ulot
Inactive

gt4god2ulot is an unknown quantity at this point
problem with belkin adsl wireless router f5d7632uk4

can anyone help? i have bought a belkin adsl wireless router setting it up is a nightmare i am setting it up to a dell optiplex gx150 my sons pc so i can use my laptop on shared connection.

i have plugged in everything where it as to go i,e adsl line to router,router to ethernet slot,all the lights light up on the front as they should i get a little light at the back of the pc for the ethernet slot to say its on,so all is ok to this point up untill i open my web browser iexplorer type in the 192.168.2.1 to set up the unit and nothing happens it just says the page you are looking for carnt be found???is there something i am doing wrong??or is it the pc?
gt4god2ulot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-10-2005, 19:55   #2
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
Re: problem with belkin adsl wireless router f5d7632uk4

Do you have a specific proxy set up on your IE, if you do, then this needs to be an exception as otherwise IE looks to the proxy to find the page and cannot find it.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 19:58   #3
gt4god2ulot
Inactive

i am not sure mate i am not to good with pc,s where do i look?
Old 17-10-2005, 20:01   #4
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

try this link on the Belkin website

http://setup.belkin.com/guide.html

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 20:14   #5
gt4god2ulot
Inactive

thanks alot for that i will try there online setup guide
Old 17-10-2005, 22:12   #6
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

David, its a nice link...shame it goes to the US website

gt4god2ulot try this link instead matey

http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/tech/issues_more.asp

it has all the guides for all the current belkin routers and modem/routers. so you should be able to connect your computer to your adsl line via this.

David can you keep a note of this addy as I wont be able to remember it :P
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 22:29   #7
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

OOOOOOPS! What He^ SAID.
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 22:40   #8
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by levig
David, its a nice link...shame it goes to the US website

gt4god2ulot try this link instead matey

http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/tech/issues_more.asp

it has all the guides for all the current belkin routers and modem/routers. so you should be able to connect your computer to your adsl line via this.

David can you keep a note of this addy as I wont be able to remember it :P
Well I orignal typed www.belkin.co.uk -

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2005, 00:44   #9
gt4god2ulot
Inactive

cheers for the help lads still trying to sort it i just cannot get into the setup on the belkin
Old 19-10-2005, 08:16   #10
DocDutch
argh

DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt4god2ulot
cheers for the help lads still trying to sort it i just cannot get into the setup on the belkin
on that same site that I gave you you also have advice for when you cant get into the router setup page
Old 19-10-2005, 09:29   #11
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Quote:
i am not sure mate i am not to good with pc,s where do i look?
In IE
Tools > internet options > Connections Tab > LAN settings button
at the bottom of that screen there is the proxy box, check it is unticked.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2005, 14:35   #12
gt4god2ulot
Inactive

sorted got into the router set up page at last still trying to get it set up properly gone through the steps of setting up the router still trying to get it conneted to bt broadband?i have a voyager 105 adsl modem from bt and the setup disc all the user passwords and connection settings are on it,its not like ntl cable where you open up ie and your connected,on mine i have to go to start menu go to network connections click on btconnect and it brings a screen up with dial on it?i click on dial and it connects me?so basically i am trying to get the belkin to do the same thing
Old 19-10-2005, 14:49   #13
DocDutch
argh

Quote:
sorted got into the router set up page at last still trying to get it set up properly gone through the steps of setting up the router still trying to get it conneted to bt broadband?i have a voyager 105 adsl modem from bt and the setup disc all the user passwords and connection settings are on it,its not like ntl cable where you open up ie and your connected,on mine i have to go to start menu go to network connections click on btconnect and it brings a screen up with dial on it?i click on dial and it connects me?so basically i am trying to get the belkin to do the same thing
matey...the belkin is a MODEM ROUTER so you dont need your BT Voyager modem anymore.
Old 19-10-2005, 14:55   #14
gt4god2ulot
Inactive

lol yeah i know,what i was trying to was how do i get it to connect like my old adsl modem,i have a auto detect ip address so that means i have a dynamic sumthing or other,gone through all the settings as it says but it still not connect,i know i am doing something wrong?but what lol i have gone through the set up exactly as it says.
Old 19-10-2005, 15:43   #15
DocDutch
argh

check your user details...should be something like yourname@btopenworld.com and then your password