Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems

The Xbox One Thread

Old 28-10-2015, 03:24   #3076
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

The build quality is *far* superior to the awful Day One controller. It has a true "premium" feel to it.

The paddles are *very* useful, even if you don't care about remapping other buttons.

e.g.

On Destiny, I have X and A mapped to the back left and right paddles, enabling me to reload or jump without taking my thumb off the right stick. I also have the bumpers mapped to the front left and right paddles, enabling me to use my grenades, melee, and super without having to take my fingers off the triggers.

You can choose from a variety of pre-set profiles, or create your own. The controller itself can store two.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-10-2015, 16:41   #3077
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
The build quality is *far* superior to the awful Day One controller. It has a true "premium" feel to it.

The paddles are *very* useful, even if you don't care about remapping other buttons.

e.g.

On Destiny, I have X and A mapped to the back left and right paddles, enabling me to reload or jump without taking my thumb off the right stick. I also have the bumpers mapped to the front left and right paddles, enabling me to use my grenades, melee, and super without having to take my fingers off the triggers.

You can choose from a variety of pre-set profiles, or create your own. The controller itself can store two.
Mine shipped yesterday so its currently waiting for me at home, can't wait to try it out on Halo 5
Old 28-10-2015, 21:16   #3078
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Yeah, I imagine that it'd be great for Halo just as it is for Destiny

I'll be making a Halo 5 profile for when I start it this week.
Old 28-10-2015, 21:33   #3079
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
Yeah, I imagine that it'd be great for Halo just as it is for Destiny

I'll be making a Halo 5 profile for when I start it this week.
Totally agree with your comments , very high build quality, now have reload, change weapon and jump on the back paddles so I don't take my finger off the thumb stick, turned look sensitivity up a considerable way to allow for the longer stick which clips in very snug, overall very pleased with my purchase . Took a bit of getting used to but had a game of team slayer and went 23-11 which is my best yet also had a 12-3 but the other team was garbage !!!
Old 29-10-2015, 13:16   #3080
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

All Games with Gold starting November 2015 will be backwards compatible and can be played on the Xbox One.

The first 2 will be Dirt 3 and Dungeon Siege so with the 2 Xbox One games we can expect 4 games in November.

http://news.xbox.com/2015/10/28/nove...mes-with-gold/

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 ----------

Todays update of the new dash has fixed my MTU 510 error, can now also test the multiplayer connection without an MTU error, MKV still doesn't stream without a stutter at the start from a wireless drive, work around fast forward a few seconds then rewind then it plays fine.

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

Info on the latest update for the new dash, you need to sign in.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_ac...t/2063910.aspx
Old 03-11-2015, 17:06   #3081
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

2 new dash updates in 2 days!
Old 03-11-2015, 22:41   #3082
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Must turn mine on, not turned my xBox One on now for a good 10 days+
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 22:56   #3083
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Must turn mine on, not turned my xBox One on now for a good 10 days+
Best do it and update everything.

New Xbox dash comes 12th November if you haven't got it, will play alot of 360 games, all games with gold will play on Xbox One.
Old 04-11-2015, 20:34   #3084
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I have 99 360 games
Old 04-11-2015, 20:55   #3085
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I have 99 360 games
That is alot! But do you play them or just hoard them?

I have never been a collector of anything.
Old 04-11-2015, 21:24   #3086
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
That is alot! But do you play them or just hoard them?

I have never been a collector of anything.
Both
Old 05-11-2015, 16:22   #3087
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

At last this latest update build 10586.1001 which was pushed today has appeared to have fixed my MKV stuttering issue at the start of trying to play one!!! I have been moaning about this since the first release! MTU is now reported as 1480 too.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:03   #3088
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

HUGE update for the new dash this morning around 3GB!!!

Version number is now 10.0.10586.1005 (th2_xbox_rel_1510.151107-0003) fre
Old 08-11-2015, 17:28   #3089
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I have been told that the reason it was a 3GB update is i would have missed 1, so going by the number it looks like i missed 2, i last updated at 3PM on Friday so they're sure churning these updated out quick, especially over a weekend!
Old 08-11-2015, 17:45   #3090
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Yeah, MS has been updating it almost every day in the run up to the public release.