Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems

The Xbox One Thread

Old 19-01-2014, 13:26   #1711
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
It looks great! Can't wait to play it, i do wish we could have more than 6 human players per team though, but Respawn say they have tested other numbers and 6 came out the best.
I suspect i will just need to kill bots, they seem more my ability
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-01-2014, 15:59   #1712
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I played Titanfall at the Eurogamer Expo in September. It was awesome, despite the "low" number of players.

6 human players per team, each with their own Titan. The Titans can be human piloted or can be left to AI control (they can follow you, or guard a location, etc.)

Plus there are 12 AI characters per team.

Info here:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/9/5292...s-including-ai
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2014, 13:52   #1713
Wad_2002
Inactive

Services: Tivo & BB
Wad_2002 is on a distinguished roadWad_2002 is on a distinguished road

Just tried to sign up for the beta...now closed
Wad_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2014, 14:05   #1714
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wad_2002 View Post
Just tried to sign up for the beta...now closed
Same for me when i tried the other night. Also i found out the beta is only for North America only as well
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2014, 19:57   #1715
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Anyone want Call of Duty: Ghosts for just over 30 quid?

Call of Duty: Ghosts Xbox 360 and Xbox One Digital Combo - £30.63 at Amazon UK

Digital combo for both platforms, no disc (so no resale). You need to redeem the code via a 360 (or via Xbox.com) first. Once that has been done, it shows up as free in the Xbox One Store.
Old 23-01-2014, 00:03   #1716
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Anyone want Call of Duty: Ghosts for just over 30 quid?

Call of Duty: Ghosts Xbox 360 and Xbox One Digital Combo - £30.63 at Amazon UK

Digital combo for both platforms, no disc (so no resale). You need to redeem the code via a 360 (or via Xbox.com) first. Once that has been done, it shows up as free in the Xbox One Store.
That is a good deal, but i am a Battlefield 4 guy.
Old 23-01-2014, 00:30   #1717
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Yup, same here

The only reason I'd buy Ghosts would be to give the SP a go, as I have no interest in the MP... but SP only isn't, to me, worth paying £30, even though it's a lot cheaper than the official price.

A good deal for anyone who wants to play the MP, though.
Old 23-01-2014, 00:55   #1718
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

i would like some £30 game deals on other Xbox one games really.
Old 23-01-2014, 14:40   #1719
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

i heard there is 10 quid deal if u have 360 versions don't know if it still on as i'm hopeing to get games i have on 360 the xbox one versions
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 20:13   #1720
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

There has been an update for the Blu Ray Player app and other forums sem to suggest this is a fix for the 24Hz issue
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 21:52   #1721
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
There has been an update for the Blu Ray Player app and other forums sem to suggest this is a fix for the 24Hz issue
I hope so!

Now I have a quiet PSU, I'd really like to use the X1 for Blu-rays instead of my increasingly noisy PS3...
Old 24-01-2014, 22:32   #1722
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I have never played a Blu-ray ever as i stream everything, i wish they would sort the streaming media out from a network drive.
Old 25-01-2014, 09:32   #1723
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Just got an email with a code for the day one pack for Forza 5.
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2014, 16:08   #1724
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

So did I!

Oh, and the Ghosts deal is no more The combo has shot back up to nearly 50 quid.

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I have never played a Blu-ray ever as i stream everything, i wish they would sort the streaming media out from a network drive.

Did you ever try that workaround I posted about, using Skifta?
Old 25-01-2014, 17:41   #1725
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
So did I!

Oh, and the Ghosts deal is no more The combo has shot back up to nearly 50 quid.

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Did you ever try that workaround I posted about, using Skifta?
No didn't as i haven't attempted to watch a movie via streaming yet plus i can still use my 360 until they fix it all.