Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 25-12-2013, 16:50   #1681
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: The Xbox One Thread

What are the servers like today?
Old 25-12-2013, 21:43   #1682
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
What are the servers like today?
A bit iffy. I had the pleasure of setting up my nephew's XBO today....waited about an hour for the first OS update to complete.

He's been playing FIFA2014 and the server kept going offline a few times.
Old 26-12-2013, 01:10   #1683
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I wouldn't be surprised if FIFA uses EA's own servers, like BF4 does.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 08:23   #1684
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age

http://www.dawnof2014.com

Rumoured to be halo 5 reveal !!!!!!
Old 30-12-2013, 09:13   #1685
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
http://www.dawnof2014.com

Rumoured to be halo 5 reveal !!!!!!
They already had the Halo 5 reveal... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fEKcOK8gno

It's the Halo 5 background or Uncharted, followed with links that aren't clickable. Given the Fallout 4 nonsense, twitter, google and facebook links that aren't clickable I'd write this off as a poorly made hoax, if it is an official Microsoft page then it's bad.

New trailer or gameplay if official w/ release date. There's also a tiny master chief icon in the middle of that site.

---------- Post added at 08:59 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if FIFA uses EA's own servers, like BF4 does.
It does and always has when has anyone had a trouble free experience connection to the online services of FIFA? Oh, EASFC is unavailable right now, please try again later.

---------- Post added at 09:13 ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 ----------

Anyway here's a quick slapped up video of that site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqVqj...ature=youtu.be

Looking at my cursor
Old 30-12-2013, 10:33   #1686
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
They already had the Halo 5 reveal... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fEKcOK8gno

It's the Halo 5 background or Uncharted, followed with links that aren't clickable. Given the Fallout 4 nonsense, twitter, google and facebook links that aren't clickable I'd write this off as a poorly made hoax, if it is an official Microsoft page then it's bad.

New trailer or gameplay if official w/ release date. There's also a tiny master chief icon in the middle of that site.

---------- Post added at 08:59 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

It does and always has when has anyone had a trouble free experience connection to the online services of FIFA? Oh, EASFC is unavailable right now, please try again later.

---------- Post added at 09:13 ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 ----------

Anyway here's a quick slapped up video of that site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqVqj...ature=youtu.be

Looking at my cursor
sorry i meant , proper reveal , not a bit of a video that doesn't give anything away !!!
Old 31-12-2013, 03:44   #1687
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I'd write this off as a poorly made hoax
This it was, don't be disappointed though, at least we know Halo is actually coming unlike the Fallout 4 fanboys

These sites tend to pop up all the time, personally I wish they could be sued by Microsoft for using them as promotion for their own means.
Old 31-12-2013, 06:29   #1688
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
This it was, don't be disappointed though, at least we know Halo is actually coming unlike the Fallout 4 fanboys

These sites tend to pop up all the time, personally I wish they could be sued by Microsoft for using them as promotion for their own means.
, a large infestation of camel fleas for them would be nice.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:11   #1689
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

I'm using the Blu Ray player for the first time properly and I am one if these people that are suffering from 24Hz judder and Lip Sync issues. I have had to turn of 24Hz issue in the console settings and works ok. I really ok MS sort these issues out really quickly
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 16:47   #1690
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I've stuck with using my PS3 for Blu-rays (in addition to all the other media stuff the Xbox One doesn't do properly / can't do at all).

Sync issues with 24Hz, no Dolby, no pull-DLNA streaming, etc. etc. MS had better hurry up and sort these things!
Old 08-01-2014, 21:07   #1691
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
The Gadget show tonight on C5 are comparing the X1 to the PS4, should be interesting.
I gave up on the Gadget show when most of them have HTC Ones and rate the iPhone as a better phone.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:39   #1692
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Xbox One's first big update will address 'the Live experience,'

Quote:
Originally Posted by engadget
Xbox -- and Microsoft in general -- doesn't really show up for CES. It's not hard to understand why: for a big company like Microsoft, there's no point in competing with the cacophony of voices shouting for attention. "Whenever we want, we can talk about Xbox stuff and get coverage. Why try to talk with 100,000 other things going on?" Xbox chief product officer Marc Whitten told us in an interview this week. Though Xbox isn't here to show anything off, Whitten's in town to meet with partners and, as he put it, "It's just a good time to pop up and see an environmental scan you can get in an immediate dose." After a long 2013 head down on the Xbox One launch, he's finally got a second to take the temperature and see the world outside of Microsoft's Bellevue, Wash. campus.

But we're not here to ask Whitten about the past. Yes, he's "really thrilled" with the console's launch (over 3 million sold by the end of 2013). And yes, he's very happy with the reaction from consumers. That doesn't mean work's over, of course. "There are seams in the product [XB1]. There are still seams in the 360, nothing's ever done," Whitten said. As such, first up on the fix docket is what Whitten called, "the Live experience." Essentially, that's much of the social features on the latest Xbox console. Whitten takes that stuff personally, having worked on Xbox Live as a service for the last 10 years:

Quote:
"The feedback we've gotten is pretty valid; some of the social stuff is hidden or harder to use than it was on the Xbox 360. So you're gonna see us come out with an update where, well, we're going to fix those things. As a person who's been pretty involved in building Xbox Live for the last decade, I take it pretty seriously when people say it's harder to get into a party, and the defaults aren't right, and I don't like the model. So what I'm trying to do with the team is kind of theme some stuff up. Let's take an update and really go through a big list of what we're hearing from customers, what we know is broken with the architecture, areas that we want to improve or complete. I think that's a theme you'll really see us push on -- that Live experience."
(snip)
Old 09-01-2014, 07:49   #1693
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Lets up the update comes quickly and fixes loads of the issues we have
Old 09-01-2014, 21:03   #1694
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

People may remember me moaning about my noisy power supply.

Well, I gave in and ordered a new one from the Xbox service website for £30. I resented having to pay £30 for a new power supply, but I thought it was a better option than paying to post my original one all the way to Prague and then waiting for a replacement, as that would cost more plus mean I'd be unable to use the console.

The new one arrived today, from the European service centre... in a pathetically thin jiffy bag with no additional protection.

But despite the crappy packaging, it works better than the original one - no more dodgy fan noise! I finally have a power supply that isn't noisier than the console itself and finally have a power supply that doesn't sound dodgy.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:44   #1695
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
People may remember me moaning about my noisy power supply.

Well, I gave in and ordered a new one from the Xbox service website for £30. I resented having to pay £30 for a new power supply, but I thought it was a better option than paying to post my original one all the way to Prague and then waiting for a replacement, as that would cost more plus mean I'd be unable to use the console.

The new one arrived today, from the European service centre... in a pathetically thin jiffy bag with no additional protection.

But despite the crappy packaging, it works better than the original one - no more dodgy fan noise! I finally have a power supply that isn't noisier than the console itself and finally have a power supply that doesn't sound dodgy.
Glad you got it sorted