Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 14-12-2017, 21:16   #3661
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The PL is making far more games available so they're hoping for more TV money not less even if the avaerage price per game reduces.
l predict a 15 to 20% increase in what the Premier league gets from Sky and BT.
Old 14-12-2017, 22:12   #3662
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The PL is making far more games available so they're hoping for more TV money not less even if the avaerage price per game reduces.
Whats really odd is the ratings for the premier league are really, really low. I'm staggered why companies bid for them with such low ratings?

If i was sky and BT i'd slyly just agree to pay the same next time each. Cut an illegal deal and see scudamores smacked arse face realise the gravy train money increase has stalled for once
Old 14-12-2017, 23:24   #3663
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
The packages are available now to new customers. Existing customers will migrate from their current package to the new equivalent package early 2018
Apparently, existing customers don't have to migrate if they don't want to.

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Have a think about how many channels SkyQ can record, and the amount of bandwidth that would need
... especially if net neutrality ends

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
With the total Sky TV package becoming available trough broadband at some point next year I fear for VM tbh. Sky will wipe away all those unable to have a dish for whatever reason; including myself! If the discounts etc stop I will absolutely be thinking about switching to Sky.
Same here, all the other reasons why I would want to support VM have gradually evaporated over the last few years. Their only other USP for me is Quickview!
Old 14-12-2017, 23:52   #3664
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Apparently, existing customers don't have to migrate if they don't want to.

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

... especially if net neutrality ends

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

Same here, all the other reasons why I would want to support VM have gradually evaporated over the last few years. Their only other USP for me is Quickview!
Net neutrality is USA not here.
Old 15-12-2017, 00:42   #3665
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Whats really odd is the ratings for the premier league are really, really low. I'm staggered why companies bid for them with such low ratings?

If i was sky and BT i'd slyly just agree to pay the same next time each. Cut an illegal deal and see scudamores smacked arse face realise the gravy train money increase has stalled for once
Are they?
Old 15-12-2017, 01:42   #3666
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Are they?
Not really low but the total viewing hours seem to be falling though. https://www.ft.com/content/45e8a3e8-...4-c742b9791d43

it's only a matter of time i think before the bubble bursts.
However SKY also reported last season saw their highest audience for premier league too.
Old 15-12-2017, 06:30   #3667
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Not really low but the total viewing hours seem to be falling though. https://www.ft.com/content/45e8a3e8-...4-c742b9791d43

it's only a matter of time i think before the bubble bursts.
However SKY also reported last season saw their highest audience for premier league too.
You better repeat that as many have said that before you on this forum and have had to eat that straw hat.
Old 15-12-2017, 09:42   #3668
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

I see that Sky and BT have agreed to share their programmes. All BTs sports channels will be available to Sky subscribers and Sky Atlantic will be available on BT via Now TV. I wonder where this leaves Virgin Media?

Source http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42364401
Old 15-12-2017, 09:48   #3669
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
I see that Sky and BT have agreed to share their programmes. All BTs sports channels will be available to Sky subscribers and Sky Atlantic will be available on BT via Now TV. I wonder where this leaves Virgin Media?

Source http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42364401
Hell has frozen over! I can see a comfy alliance when it comes to the Premiership bidding process.
Old 15-12-2017, 09:53   #3670
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Hell has frozen over! I can see a comfy alliance when it comes to the Premiership bidding process.
Making even more likely then it was before that they will win every one of the packages for the forthcoming Premier leagues rights auction.
Old 15-12-2017, 09:54   #3671
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

"UK consumers will have even more ways to watch great Sky entertainment content with our leading portfolio of channels – Sky Atlantic, Sky One and Sky Living – available on all major Pay-TV platforms for the first time."

Hmmm!

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/12/b...g-channel.html
Old 15-12-2017, 10:16   #3672
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Two year deal between Sky and BT

http://www.seenit.co.uk/bt-tv-to-off...om-early-2018/
Old 15-12-2017, 10:59   #3673
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

So Sky will be allowed to wholesale BT Sport when the deal kicks in seems a good result for both sides really.
Old 15-12-2017, 11:05   #3674
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Run that passed me again…did the boss at Sky just say that 'our leading portfolio of channels – Sky Atlantic, Sky One and Sky Living – available on ALL major Pay-TV platforms for the first time'??? There's no arguing that Virgin's TV pay-TV platform is a major one (6m households using VM's services in the UK and Ireland) and Darroch can't tell big fibs on these announcements, so I can only conclude that Sky Atlantic, either as a channel or as part of a VM Now TV offering, is on the way any day now.
(Either that, or Sky reckon that this BT deal and the Sky Q over internet service launching next year will kill Virgin TV once and for all…)
Old 15-12-2017, 11:25   #3675
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Run that passed me again…did the boss at Sky just say that 'our leading portfolio of channels – Sky Atlantic, Sky One and Sky Living – available on ALL major Pay-TV platforms for the first time'??? There's no arguing that Virgin's TV pay-TV platform is a major one (6m households using VM's services in the UK and Ireland) and Darroch can't tell big fibs on these announcements, so I can only conclude that Sky Atlantic, either as a channel or as part of a VM Now TV offering, is on the way any day now.
(Either that, or Sky reckon that this BT deal and the Sky Q over internet service launching next year will kill Virgin TV once and for all…)
Its inevitable IMO although some noted respected posters might say differently.