Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What game are you playing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion

What game are you playing

Old 02-09-2016, 19:38   #2011
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: What game are you playing

The forest introduced CO-OP multiplayer a while ago but like Stranded Deep, it doesn't really offer longetivity.

The Long Dark is good enough. Has animation style graphics and although I haven't finished it I believe it does have a point to it, seems the objective was to cross from one map to the other whilst staying alive, bears, the cold and whatnot are the problems in the way. Set in Northern Canada I think. Quite immersive. I remember an in game day which was far too cold to venture outside without freezing to death.

Subnautica is a survival game but offers something completely different and unique underwater base building and submarines.

DayZ of course is still out there but that'll never really leave early access and seems like a succesfull grab and run job with minimal updates per year compared to others in the same genre.

Rust is heavily updated weekly and is constantly changing. This is a proper alpha so buy at your own risk. Things are constantly being reset, wiped or removed, this is what game development should be.

H1Z1 is a generic Infestation clone, which is hilarious because Infestation is one of the worst games to ever be sold. H1Z1 however... Is awful too.

No Mans Sky - Space survival - One of the worst cases of Bait and switch I've seen in gaming. A truly awful game that's beyond just being broken with an extortionate price for what it actually is.

Not sure if I've missed any but played all the above and more.
Old 02-09-2016, 19:54   #2012
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
The forest introduced CO-OP multiplayer a while ago but like Stranded Deep, it doesn't really offer longetivity.

DayZ of course is still out there but that'll never really leave early access and seems like a succesfull grab and run job with minimal updates per year compared to others in the same genre.
Didnt know that about The Forest being co-op, been a while since I played it.

Dayz on the other hand is improving & working towards beta & I do believe we havnt been shafted by the developers, its just taking a lot longer than anticipated.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 23:54   #2013
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

http://hmsmarulken.se/

4 player COOP sub simulation (Realism) Demo version, full release is still miles away but is quite brilliant.

The demo is F2P and works for online play. Download is at the bottom of that page.

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc3XpWqbKqc

Doesn't feel demanding on the rig, although it shouldn't on mine but I mean graphically it shouldn't cause much of an issue for those willing to give it a shot.

Also my SteamID is [G]Hydra[7] or Adzii

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 02-09-2016 at 23:59.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 19:39   #2014
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Wargame:Red Dragon

Puts those micro-management and extreme multi-tasking skills to the test. You'll either love it or just give up and cry
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 20:10   #2015
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Rocket League got a patched gamemode, pretty awesome at the minute.

Awareness

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/t...m=banner_cross

22 hours to redeem a free copy of Tropico 4 for steam.
Old 11-09-2016, 23:41   #2016
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Picked up Miscreated today on Steam for £7.49 (1/2 price)
Plays & looks a lot like H1Z1.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2016, 11:49   #2017
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I played the BF1 beta.

Nothing there to make me run and buy the game.

No doubt it will be a clone of the others with people camping outside a base and spawnkilling, then tell you to learn to play better when you send them a snotty message.
Old 23-09-2016, 11:04   #2018
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

It was a poor map to show imo,they just wanted to display the vehicles. The game looks good, the idea is good, I was just hoping for more trench warfare, absolute slug fests and DICE say that is coming. There will be 64 player trench maps for PC. Not sure if consoles pushed to 64 players.

About to download the freemium, Forza 6: Apex

In the meantime I'm dropping in on GTA IV for a replay of the base game and the quality DLC's, shame about the hassle getting it running though, GFWL was an absolute disaster on Microsoft's part. I do own GTA V though, two versions under one CD key, offline modded and my online account. In fact I have all of them, I bought GTA IV and V seperate but grabbed the rest including another GTA IV for a fiver, total bargain. Just a shame the fourth is utterly ruined by Microsoft's bollocks. It's playable eventually after you jump through the hoops they put in front of you.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 23-09-2016 at 12:30.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2016, 00:26   #2019
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

I got Forza Apex running. It is what it says it is. Forza for the PC. All cars can be unlocked via gameplay too. IAP's are merely shortcuts akin to Battlefield rather than some really shady stuff. Good move Microsoft. A free Forza game, still beta yet so no customisation, limited tracks etc. I think this is a PC demo tbf in preoeration for a full priced release Forza 7 next year.

Anyway, Visually stunning. Engine sounds are terrific. Same gameplay I remembered from the 360 days. Rain and puddles are new to me but feel great.

Looking onwards to Horizon 3. Just not paying a ludicrous 80 quid to play it early.
Old 24-09-2016, 18:49   #2020
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I'm after Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate edition hard copy.

Game won't let me pre order as it's been released digitally and amazon are charging £134

So can any one recommended a place to buy it from online.
Old 30-09-2016, 23:07   #2021
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

FIFA 17
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:27   #2022
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

That'll be a later year buy for me this year. I'm done with it. I like that they've upgraded the game as such to warrant another £40 but I just don't feel like I liked the demo at all. I've ended up playing PES on PC as much as I'm ashamed to say because its different. That's probably why I'm enjoying it. Its a change. Plus it doesn't restrict me adding mods. Kitserver which adds every real life kit to every team in HD. Graphically I can make it better than FIFA thanks to dedicated modders, even usuable online. The online aspect is still very lacking to FIFA though.

Just a shame there's very little choice in this genre.

Still playing Rocket League. There's a lot of big developers that could take not from this. How to make a game 101 without robbing people at every chance. Optional cosmetic DLC with anything game changing being free, maps and modes being free. Also bundle plenty of free cosmetic DLC for free also. Definite game of the year contender.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:38   #2023
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I think one of the main things that sold the game this year was the story mode EA implemented
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:06   #2024
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
I think one of the main things that sold the game this year was the story mode EA implemented
Yes l am looking forward to playing it when l go to my brothers soon MG as personally l have always preferred FIFA to PRO EVO.
Old 04-10-2016, 17:58   #2025
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Playing GTA V last night and mad a new buddy, she lives in Jersey, New York.

Then she dropped the bombshell of her job, she's a Cop.