Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 192.168.0.1 not working, why?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Shiny new Epson wireless printer

Old 21-11-2009, 17:26   #1
trevorshakeshaft
Inactive

trevorshakeshaft is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Shiny new Epson wireless printer

Hi - I'm having problems setting up a new Epson PX700W wireless printer with my VM system. My network consists of three desktops (all wired to the router) and two wireless laptops. For what it's worth the laptops and one of the desktops are running Vista and the other two desktops run XP.

My problem is getting the printer to connect wirelessly to the router. The two laptops connected easily when the network was first set up; I wasn't asked for passwords, passphrases or anything, so assume the new router (NETGEAR 614) simply, somehow, took the passphrases from the existing laptops. However, I cannot get the new printer to communicate with the router wirelessly (works fine with a USB connection - haven't tried a wired connection) None of my regular passphrases will work with the printer. The router page in the browser shows that I have WPA-PSK security, but only the router seems to know the relevant passphrase ... or is the problem something completely different? I've been using computers since 1980, and can usually manage to work things out, but no luck with this one ... anyone got any suggestions?

Hopefully

Trevor
trevorshakeshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-11-2009, 17:50   #2
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age
Re: Shiny new Epson wireless printer

Have a look on the bottom of the router, there may be a label with the WPA-PSK pass phrase on it(assuming its still set to the default).
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2009, 20:27   #3
trevorshakeshaft
Inactive

Thanks, I'll have a look in the morning ...
Old 21-11-2009, 21:23   #4
TheNorm
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM TV, 20meg bb, tel, and a lobster (but the lobster died).
TheNorm has a nice shiny star
TheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorshakeshaft View Post
...new Epson PX700W wireless printer ...
I bought one a few weeks ago, and am pleased with it, although the scanner is a bit slow.

I needed to enter my router passphrase. If you have forgotten it, simply log in to the router via the web page, and reset the passphrase. You will of course then have to reset the passphrase on all machines that connect to it.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2009, 23:40   #5
trevorshakeshaft
Inactive

Thanks for this ... I'd thought I might need to do this, but hoped there was a quicker way! So it's back into the bowels of Vista networking!

Sorry to hear about the lobster ....!

Thanks again