Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Linksys WRT54GS On Virgin Media Config Settings?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Linksys WRT54GS On Virgin Media Config Settings?

Old 13-02-2008, 10:55   #1
pdoddy
Inactive

pdoddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Linksys WRT54GS On Virgin Media Config Settings?

I was hoping someone can help. I have the above mentioned router, I have recently formatted my computer. I could not get the wireless to connect to my computer so I hard reset my router. Thus loosing all the settings on my router.

Does anybody have a page by page set up guide for this router. i.e. the correct configuration for Virgin media?

I have no problem access the router's configuration via my computer but I have tried several times to get it to connect to the internet and failed. Is there a way of turning off the modem features for the router and literally just use it as a wireless router? If not then the configuration settings?

Any help on this would be great because I do not have a lot of hair left to pull out.

Apologies if this is a duplicate post but I could not find it in any searches.
pdoddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-02-2008, 11:18   #2
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Linksys WRT54GS On Virgin Media Config Settings?

Did you try powering down the modem first? If not. turn off everything (SACM, Router and PC).

Leave your SACM modem powered down for about 30 seconds then reboot it, wait until all the lights are stedy, then power up your router, after your router has been fully rebooted, switch on your PC and try connecting again.

Failing that instead of going wireless connect your PC directly to the router and try connecting again.

You can always refer to your routers instruction manual or visit this site and read the manual from there.

I may be wrong, but as far as I am aware you don't need any settings from VM or for VM to be input into the router.

Just also had a look on the Linksys support site. Hope this helps.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 11:48   #3
pdoddy
Inactive

pdoddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Did you try powering down the modem first? If not. turn off everything (SACM, Router and PC).

Leave your SACM modem powered down for about 30 seconds then reboot it, wait until all the lights are stedy, then power up your router, after your router has been fully rebooted, switch on your PC and try connecting again.

Failing that instead of going wireless connect your PC directly to the router and try connecting again.

You can always refer to your routers instruction manual or visit this site and read the manual from there.

I may be wrong, but as far as I am aware you don't need any settings from VM or for VM to be input into the router.

Just also had a look on the Linksys support site. Hope this helps.
Thank you, I will check the links you have provided.

Incidently, I am connecting direct to the PC, I haven't set the wireless side up yet, not until I can get it working via LAN.
pdoddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 11:57   #4
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Virgin Media has a help section here

However, they won't support your modem, but it may also be worth checking out.

Try the above steps first and if there are any other issues or if the issue remains, then please post back.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote