Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 22:18   #766
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I have just won 2 tickets to Eurogamer in London from the virginmedia for trialing the SH2!

Looking forward to checking out the new consoles in person.
Nice one
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2013, 22:25   #767
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
A few new features announced for xbox one smart glass
http://mjr.mn/1aTZY4a
Hope it works well on my Nexus 10 tablet.

---------- Post added at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was at 22:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Nice one
I hope there is a way of getting some discounts off Xbox One games there.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 23:03   #768
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Video shows Xbox One dashboard in motion

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/8/4708...ashboard-video
Old 09-09-2013, 00:40   #769
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

Can't wait for this console...
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:36   #770
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I just hope the games look as good as the ps4.

Also there is alot of talk about the Xbox having a hidden dGPU which can't be revealed until 29th September due to a NDA with AMD,Intel and Sony

Probably a load of rubbish though, but it would be interesting if it was true.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:58   #771
nstokes
Inactive

Video has now been removed. I guess MS didnt want that in the public just yet
Old 09-09-2013, 11:00   #772
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Video has now been removed. I guess MS didnt want that in the public just yet
there is links to other people reposted. The guy took it down I think due to the fact he as very silly lol
Old 09-09-2013, 11:19   #773
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
there is links to other people reposted. The guy took it down I think due to the fact he as very silly lol
Any sites or links?
Old 09-09-2013, 11:25   #774
tizmeinnit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cFaqMEtEBk
Old 09-09-2013, 11:35   #775
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Thanks
Old 11-09-2013, 16:49   #776
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I have just changed my Xbox One day one edition order to include Forza 5, well chuffed about that as i didn't want Fifa 14.

If anyone is interested Tesco still have the Xbox One day One Edition with Forza instock and i think you need to be quick as these sell out in hours.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/xbox-one...skuId=113-2102

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

Pretty pleased i will now have Forza 5 with a digital download and the fact i have saved myself £47.
Old 11-09-2013, 16:49   #777
tizmeinnit

I am waiting for the disappointing sales and the massive price drop early next year ( I hope)
Old 11-09-2013, 16:59   #778
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
I am waiting for the disappointing sales and the massive price drop early next year ( I hope)
I don't think they will sell as many as the PS4, and i can't see it dropping in price but if it did they may match the PS4 price i guess.

I just hope the games look nextgen on my TV and are as good as the PS4.

It seems the Xbox maybe alot closer to the PS4 in power than previously thought, and from what i have seen most Xbox One games are running at 1080P/60 compared to the PS4s 30 frames a second( not sure why that is), but i am no fanboy and from what i have seen from the Xbox One/ps4 demos the games look awesome on both consoles.
Old 11-09-2013, 17:05   #779
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

There's going to be disappointing sales all round and I'm happy with that. I'm not going to be duped into £500 to play a so called Next-Gen FIFA 14 on either new console. They didn't use the ignite engine for the current gen for this reason regardless of the fact all consoles can run it. Call of Duty will be the same and so on.

GTA V and Rockstar have got it totally right by dropping it on this gen of consoles and not the newer ones. Top sales and a record breaker. Come E3 next year MS and Sony will base their entire conferences on price drops and new games. Guaranteed.

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I don't think they will sell as many as the PS4, and i can't see it dropping in price but if it did they may match the PS4 price i guess.

I just hope the games look nextgen on my TV and are as good as the PS4.

It seems the Xbox maybe alot closer to the PS4 in power than previously thought, and from what i have seen most Xbox One games are running at 1080P/60 compared to the PS4s 30 frames a second( not sure why that is), but i am no fanboy and from what i have seen from the Xbox One/ps4 demos the games look awesome on both consoles.
It's not going to look 'Next-Gen' for at least a year for obvious reasons. Developers only really started making great looking games in the last few years of the Xbox 360's lifespan. RDR and LA Noire are prime examples of this.

It also does not help the case when Microsoft insist on playing their games on a GTX 780 and calling it Xbox One footage.

It's easy enough to say GTA V will look better than most NG titles on launch but again it's obvious why. Rockstar are not stupid and we'll see GTA 6 on Xbox one that looks even better when they have time to develop such a game and optimize it for that platform, the sole reason it's unlikely we'll see GTA V on the new consoles, if you're going to do it, do it properly.
Old 11-09-2013, 17:07   #780
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I won't buy anymore games for my current X360, not long to wait now, i am looking forward to playing Forza, Assassins Creed and Battlefield 4.