Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Kelvin Mackenzie suspended by The Sun

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Kelvin Mackenzie suspended by The Sun

Old 15-04-2017, 23:25   #16
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star
Re: Kelvin Mackenzie suspended by The Sun

Something can be offensive if it is affects you personally.

Being offended on behalf of someone else is a scourge on society.

Kelvin McKenzie is an odious individual but I am not offended by what he has written.

And as for Joey Barton speaking out against what was written.....seriously???
Old 15-04-2017, 23:30   #17
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Something can be offensive if it is affects you personally.

Being offended on behalf of someone else is a scourge on society.

Kelvin McKenzie is an odious individual but I am not offended by what he has written.

And as for Joey Barton speaking out against what was written.....seriously???
Joey Barton comes from the Liverpool City area (Huyton) and Mackenzie was insulting Liverpudlians so according to you he has a reason to be offended.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 09:09   #18
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Mackenzie has always been quite nasty. This was a Sun editorial in 1989:

Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 09:29   #19
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
A bit dumb maybe, hardly racist, just more OTT reactions.

The internet seems to have turned people into super sensitives who get offended by anything.

I feel sorry for the generations to come, everyone will be afriad to have an opinion unless its sanctioned by the social media brigade.
Racial undertones......perhaps. But that is not the issue in my opinion.

McKenzie obviously hates Liverpool, he hates it because he got it wrong over Hilsborough.

So he saw an opportunity to have a go at Liverpool again. Yes Kelvin all young wealthy people in the North West must be drug dealers........ etc etc.

The Sun's circulation in Merseyside was tiny anyway this is just a further nail in the rags demise.
Old 16-04-2017, 10:48   #20
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Joey Barton comes from the Liverpool City area (Huyton) and Mackenzie was insulting Liverpudlians so according to you he has a reason to be offended.
And of course he sits atop the moral high ground, is a pillar of society and has never offended anyone.
Old 16-04-2017, 11:00   #21
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
And of course he sits atop the moral high ground, is a pillar of society and has never offended anyone.
Yep a model citizen...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 11:49   #22
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Doesn't make his opinion any less valid. I also don't think he taking any moral "high ground". His home town has been insulted, again, by somebody even more reprehensible than himself so he is entitled to comment.
Old 16-04-2017, 12:14   #23
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
I doubt he's ever claimed that! Do you really want to ban people from reacting to their home town being insulted unless they meet your strict moral criteria? That sounds like an approach more at home in ISIS than the UK.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 12:17   #24
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
McKenzie obviously hates Liverpool...
So he saw an opportunity to have a go at Liverpool again.
So he hates Liverpool, so what ?
He's perfectly entitled to hate it if he wants.
(Personally, Ive never been to the place, so I have no view on it).
I do hate London though, so feel free to be offended [any Londoners]

Quote:
The Sun's circulation in Merseyside was tiny anyway this is just a further nail in the rags demise.
So it seems kinda hard for pretty much any of them to be offended really, since virtually none will have even seen it.

If you dont like his views, dont read them, why the need these days to make a massive fuss about everything

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 15:09   #25
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I doubt he's ever claimed that! Do you really want to ban people from reacting to their home town being insulted unless they meet your strict moral criteria? That sounds like an approach more at home in ISIS than the UK.
I am merely highlighting the hypocrisy of someone equally, if not more, offensive than McKenzie crying about being offended......
Old 16-04-2017, 17:57   #26
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
So he hates Liverpool, so what ?
He's perfectly entitled to hate it if he wants.
He certainly is, but he has access to massive media platform called the Sun over which he is using to propagate that hatred. Which is an abuse of his position.

Would it be ok for say, Piers Morgan to use his slot on morning television to profess his hatred for Newcastle, fat geordies, and geordie slags?

Quote:
So it seems kinda hard for pretty much any of them to be offended really, since virtually none will have even seen it.
Well they won't via the Sun, but every news media outlet is running the story so hard to escape it.

Quote:
If you dont like his views, dont read them, why the need these days to make a massive fuss about everything
I'm not making a massive fuss, just commenting on discussion forum, as are you, so you're making as much fuss as me.

Also wouldn't usually have read it, but as I say it's on every news outlet, so when I see the headline " McKenzie in Barkley race slur" as a scouser and Everton fan, I'm going to read it. Is that alright with you like? Or do I need to have someone proof read everything for me so I can avoid what I might not like in the world according to Paul?
Old 16-04-2017, 18:04   #27
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I'm not making a massive fuss, just commenting on discussion forum, as are you, so you're making as much fuss as me.
I never said you were

Quote:
Is that alright with you like? Or do I need to have someone proof read everything for me so I can avoid what I might not like in the world according to Paul?
Being an ass wont help any point you had.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 00:06   #28
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
What it's done is make it easy for them to express all that outrage (faux or otherwise), disgust or whatever without even getting out of their armchairs. I dare say it makes some of them feel better too whilst others are so sad they just get off on stirring up trouble wherever and however they can.
You mean like all that outrage about migrants, Muslims, the EU, Corbyn, Labour, Remainers, the list goes on, that you post from your armchair?

I'd change that slogan on your profile if I was you ...
Old 17-04-2017, 09:53   #29
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
What it's done is make it easy for them to express all that outrage (faux or otherwise), disgust or whatever without even getting out of their armchairs. I dare say it makes some of them feel better too whilst others are so sad they just get off on stirring up trouble wherever and however they can.
how very true and when exposed they become very bitter about it
Old 17-04-2017, 09:55   #30
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
how very true and when exposed they become very bitter about it
Do Smurfs even have armchairs?