Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Please document any V6 issues here.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Please document any V6 issues here.

Old 04-04-2017, 11:33   #256
carbon60
Needs more upload

Services: TiVo V6, TiVo 500GB, Samsung V Box, Full House TV + Sky Sports SD, VIVID 200, Talk Weekends Phone
carbon60 is on a distinguished roadcarbon60 is on a distinguished road
Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knack View Post
Edit: just rebooted the box. The programme (Broadchurch) has recorded up to the point that I took the box out of standby mode 30 minutes ago.
The workaround at the moment is not to put the box into standby. There seems to be a few bugs with it.
carbon60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2017, 11:44   #257
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

TV and Broadband has network issues which means you may be unable to watch TV at the moment

Network issues might be affecting TV and broadband services at the moment.

We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way.
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 15:27   #258
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
TV and Broadband has network issues which means you may be unable to watch TV at the moment

Network issues might be affecting TV and broadband services at the moment.

We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way.

Think i'll still be holding off in getting a V6, seems to be pretty problematic at the moment.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 17:07   #259
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Think i'll still be holding off in getting a V6, seems to be pretty problematic at the moment.
As I understand it, this issue is affecting all boxes at the mo. My service status refers only to certain programmes that cannot be accessed on demand. Everything else seems fine - the main problem was fixed a few days ago.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 17:39   #260
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
As I understand it, this issue is affecting all boxes at the mo. My service status refers only to certain programmes that cannot be accessed on demand. Everything else seems fine - the main problem was fixed a few days ago.
No problems on ours now.
Old 04-04-2017, 22:27   #261
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
One of my boxes is quite buggy. Just turned it and tv on and got a no HDMI signal message. Tried different cable and different HDMI ports. No difference. Eventually the box came on with a "this channel is unavailable/off air" message. Switching channels made no difference. Then a few minutes later the picture came on on that channel (BBC Two) but others still have no picture. I can't open any recordings and the menus freeze up when I try to navigate back. Waiting til 10 when a recording finishes and I'll reboot the box. I would have done it already but am waiting on the off chance the recording has worked! Sorry for the big block of text.

Edit: just rebooted the box. The programme (Broadchurch) has recorded up to the point that I took the box out of standby mode 30 minutes ago.
This has happened to me also (with other programmes).

I mentioned this when I rang up about RTE and he sent something down the cable. That afternoon it affected most recordings, but afterwards it has been ok- touch wood.

Might be worth calling them to do whatever he did with my box.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 00:13   #262
trevrpb
WeatherManTrev

Services: ultimate oomph bundle M500
trevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nice

Have had V6 since first became available and been very happy with it. But recent couple of weeks, there does seem to be a couple of issues. Main one is seemingly with CH4 (HD). Picture goes black for a very short time, but relatively often and sound goes as well, again briefly but quite annoyingly. I will have to set up some other CH4 HD recordings on our original TiVos and see if they have the issue, which if not, would definitely suggest a V6 problem

TrevP
trevrpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:36   #263
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrpb View Post
Have had V6 since first became available and been very happy with it. But recent couple of weeks, there does seem to be a couple of issues. Main one is seemingly with CH4 (HD). Picture goes black for a very short time, but relatively often and sound goes as well, again briefly but quite annoyingly. I will have to set up some other CH4 HD recordings on our original TiVos and see if they have the issue, which if not, would definitely suggest a V6 problem

TrevP
It could just need a reboot. Try that before taking any further measures and see if it works.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 19:41   #264
knack
Inactive

knack is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon60 View Post
The workaround at the moment is not to put the box into standby. There seems to be a few bugs with it.
Thanks. I have turned off power saving mode and will try and get the rest of the family to not put it in standby as they normally do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
This has happened to me also (with other programmes).

I mentioned this when I rang up about RTE and he sent something down the cable. That afternoon it affected most recordings, but afterwards it has been ok- touch wood.

Might be worth calling them to do whatever he did with my box.
Interesting, thanks. I'll give them a call if it happens again but all been ok since reboot.
knack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:28   #265
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
That's likely to be a signal fault and would need a tech to fix it. Checking the other boxes isn't that good a test as they are on different cables.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 23:53   #266
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Thanks. I have turned off power saving mode and will try and get the rest of the family to not put it in standby as they normally do.

Interesting, thanks. I'll give them a call if it happens again but all been ok since reboot.
I spoke too soon, last night's Coronation Street only recorded the first two minutes or so again.

I have to call them back anyway to see why I haven't received any of the promised call backs since calling them nine days ago. If no joy I'm going to refer it to their regulator. I pay them too much money to be treated like this. I was speaking to someone last night who steals his VM channels and he receives a better service than me!!!
Old 19-04-2017, 00:18   #267
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

There's now a problem with unwanted Audio Description on some recordings. Sometimes you can switch it off, sometimes you can't.
Old 24-04-2017, 21:45   #268
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

The above problem has now been resolved, only to be replaced by more anomalies:

- Quick View for radio programmes has stopped working (it starts off OK and then jumps to the end),.

- Some recordings won't allow you to delete them. I'm not sure if this still takes up disc space, but a reboot seems to clear it.

- A recording had recorded last night, but did not appear in the recordings list. I thought that it had failed, so went to search for a repeat showing and it gave me the option of watching it now from my recordings!? I watched it and deleted it without it ever appearing as a recording that I had! Never known this to happen before, hopefully the reboot that I did because of the white noise issue that appeared again this afternoon will have cleared this.
Old 29-04-2017, 18:07   #269
AdamDigital
cf.member

Services: VM V6 x 2. 500MB broadband.
AdamDigital is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

TrevP
TrevP, I've had exactly the same problems for a couple of weeks, again only on 4HD, only on V6. As you're in Peterborough it seems not to be a localised problem (I am in Nottingham). Glad it's not just me. I have tried a reboot. Have you contacted VM?
AdamDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 18:26   #270
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys
One of my TIVO boxes died again today (3 this year) So I decided to take the plunge and order a V6 as a replacement. CS wanted to charge £155 for an engineer to install !! About to go to the dark side, when they offered me a good deal to stay. Now getting two V6 to replace both TIVO's Question is what should I do to change the factory defaults. Reading this thread it seems like don't put in standby, and ignore power settings. Is this still the case, and are there any other tweaks.
Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks
dazed&confused is offline   Reply With Quote