Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ghostbusters (2016) Trailer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Ghostbusters (2016) Trailer

Old 03-03-2016, 19:11   #1
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Ghostbusters (2016) Trailer

So?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

Not as awful looking as I thought.
Old 03-03-2016, 19:24   #2
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Ghostbusters (2016) Trailer

Looks alright to me.
Old 03-03-2016, 19:59   #3
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Not sure about the revamped theme
Old 04-03-2016, 15:59   #4
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

This looks like some rubbish fan fiction or a parody of Ghostbusters.

Just ..nope

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 19:51   #5
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I think it looks like just one big joke like the Scary Movies series.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 20:07   #6
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I'm hoping there is more to this but I have to agree the whole thing looks a mess from the trailer
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:57   #7
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

After a few viewings of the trailer it has grown on my and I am intrigued to see it..

I will give it a chance. I do really like the new version of the theme.

Also anyone notice the lab scenes are actually in the firehouse.

Also slimer was there and in the time square clip there was an advert for 's really big' Twinkie.

So many nods to the original films that I think there maybe more to the film than we are being led to believe.

Otherwise too much of a waste of time to reference it so much.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:18   #8
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I'm already put off by the stereotypes: the smart "bookish" one, the jolly "fat" one, the spiky haired "ballsy" one and the black "uh uh, you ain't messing with me" one.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:38   #9
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

It's a 'female empowerment' movie, that makes it unwatchable. Not that I'm against woman power, but any of those type of 'empowerment' genre things tries too hard and spoils the movie. I'm not a huge fan of remakes anyway, invariably they make it worse.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 14:22   #10
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

For one its a reboot not a remake. Two totally different things.

Second The Director Fieg makes a lot of women centric movies and for the most part they are actually pretty good.

Thirdly people placing hate on it all over the internet for its female cast, pretty awful two be honest.

I was against the film as I love the original movies and the cartoon and the idea of a reboot/sequel with a new cast put me off. However now having seen the trailer I think it will be a funny and decent movie but not perfection or brillance.

Anyone see Spy last year? That was a great movie starring one of the leads and by the same director.

I still have my worries but am willing to give it a chance,
Old 05-03-2016, 15:35   #11
techguyone
Deus Vult

techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age

Whatever.

It'll be crap, wait and see.
Old 06-03-2016, 18:15   #12
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I'm already put off by the stereotypes: the smart "bookish" one, the jolly "fat" one, the spiky haired "ballsy" one and the black "uh uh, you ain't messing with me" one.
Because, of course, the original didn't have stereotypical characters. The film was both exciting and funny partly (IMO) because the characters were stereotypes.

I like how people already seem to be convinced they know if the film is going to good or not based on the minute or so of footage they have seen. Personally, I don't find trailers to be a good indicator of how good a film is.. I thought the trailers for the original Ghostbusters and Star Trek: The Wrath Of Kahn made both films look awful, but loved both films (and have bought both in multiple formats). I thought the trailer for Indecent Proposal (the 1993 film in which Robert Redford pays Demi Moore millions to spend the night with him), and the trailer for Skyline looked brilliant. In both cases, I hate the film.

I'll reserve my judgement until I have seen the film, but the trailer (IMO) makes it look fairly good.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:11   #13
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I just hate unoriginality in the film industry and this is an example..who is it aimed at anyway?Women? Well this woman wants to see intelligent use of men and women in intelligent SF films..
Old 07-03-2016, 10:18   #14
techguyone
Deus Vult

Any film aimed firmly for one demographic is normally poor, as it's entirely focused on promoting the view, rather than the story. Or entertainment.

One day we'll get original films again you can watch for the yanno... entertainment value, without looking for a hidden agenda/message.

And for god's sake just Stop. With the reboots/remakes/ripoffs.
Old 07-03-2016, 12:39   #15
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
Any film aimed firmly for one demographic is normally poor, as it's entirely focused on promoting the view, rather than the story. Or entertainment.

One day we'll get original films again you can watch for the yanno... entertainment value, without looking for a hidden agenda/message.

And for god's sake just Stop. With the reboots/remakes/ripoffs.
Wow.

I take it you have no problem with "normal" action films, which have been squarely aimed for the 18-35 white male audience for decades?

There are plenty of original films out there, and the indie scene is getting bigger (Just look at the success of Sundance) so that's a non answer as well. Hollywood is Hollywood and always plays to the LCD, which is perfectly fine. Not every film needs to be Citizen Kane.

Anyway, this film is basically saying that Ghostbusters would've been fun if it had an all female leading cast. Which, so long as it is well made, is very true. The only agenda here is in your head I'm afraid. A good film is a good film and this film needs to be judged on its merits.

We've seen decent reboots, and bad ones, just like with original screenplays, again, it's best to judge on a case by case basis rather than writing off entire swathes of content based on the premise only.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote