Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Networking Fire TV - Long Distance

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Networking Fire TV - Long Distance

Old 29-01-2016, 20:39   #1
Barewolf
Inactive

Services: Talk Talk 1.5mb wishing it was Virgin 20mb
Barewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Barewolf
Red face Networking Fire TV - Long Distance

Ive Got a few people who have asked me to put Kodi on their Fire TV stick, Including my DAD who lives 110 Miles away.

Every few months the links no longer work and it needs a fresh build or new reposatories, and although it's simple enough to do using "ADB FIRE" on my own home network, I cannot do it to anyone elses unless they bring the Stick to me and i plug it into my home network.

Im new to ADB Fire, however, i'm sure it must be possible.? Maybe a different software? or something im missing?
Barewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-01-2016, 21:08   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Networking Fire TV - Long Distance

Can you not do it via remote access to his PC?
Old 29-01-2016, 22:05   #3
Barewolf
Inactive

Services: Talk Talk 1.5mb wishing it was Virgin 20mb
Barewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Barewolf

its not in a pc its in the back of a TV, connected to the internet via his Network.
Barewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 17:18   #4
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I'm not sure you understand why he asked that. I don't have a Fire TV, so I can't test this, but according to http://www.htpcbeginner.com/setup-fire-tv-on-adbfire/, as long as you know the IP of the Fire TV, you only need to turn on ADB debug mode on the Fire TV itself. You do everything else using a PC on the same network.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 17:52   #5
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I'm not sure you understand why he asked that. I don't have a Fire TV, so I can't test this, but according to http://www.htpcbeginner.com/setup-fire-tv-on-adbfire/, as long as you know the IP of the Fire TV, you only need to turn on ADB debug mode on the Fire TV itself. You do everything else using a PC on the same network.
The IP address is local to the network, eg mine is 192.168.0.6. Otherwise you could remotely access anybody's device.

---------- Post added at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was at 17:42 ----------

I assume that Kodi was loaded on via a PC/laptop. You would need remote access to that PC/laptop as if you were actually there.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 19:02   #6
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
The IP address is local to the network, eg mine is 192.168.0.6. Otherwise you could remotely access anybody's device.
I might not have explained it well, but I did figure that..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote