Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 24-01-2017, 22:17   #4741
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

I can see why people would think it's different to what they expected to be fair. It's science fiction but more to the drama side.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-01-2017, 10:39   #4742
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Drama? it wasn't dramatic at all, just sloww and pondering, with a touch of weird.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2017, 16:00   #4743
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I watched Arrival the other night 2/10

Utter dross. I was angry that I bothered to waste time watching till the end.
Old 26-01-2017, 04:15   #4744
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Split - 4/10. NO WAY! 10/10... Now come on guys, let's not argue, 6/10

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 00:08   #4745
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Dr Strange - 9/10

One of the best Marvel origins stories they've done. Cumberbatch on top form as usual.
Old 30-01-2017, 07:22   #4746
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

La la land 5/10 I couldn't watch more than 20 minutes worth, starts of with singing and dancing on the motorway and carries on in the same vein, not for me.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 14:55   #4747
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
La la land 5/10 I couldn't watch more than 20 minutes worth, starts of with singing and dancing on the motorway and carries on in the same vein, not for me.
It is a musical lol.

Everyone I know that knew the genre beforehand loved it and others that didn't hated it and only saw it as people were talking about how great it was.
Old 30-01-2017, 18:21   #4748
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Dr Strange - 9/10

One of the best Marvel origins stories they've done. Cumberbatch on top form as usual.
Not my cup of tea

2/10
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 22:30   #4749
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Hacksaw Ridge - 6-7/10

Tis ok, good even. Just felt a bit meh. The film sorta of drags in places and doesn't really draw you into it until they arrive at the war scenes.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 00:29   #4750
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Jackie - 5/10

It was okay. The film was just incredibly one paced. Tells the story of Jackie Kennedy from the day of the JFK assassination through to his funeral. I know she's had rave reviews but I found Natalie Portman really boring in this. It was intresting enough and watchable but I was never gripped and towards the end I justed wanted it to be wrapped up.

One observation was the rest of the audience. My wife and I are mid 30's. Everyone else was between 50 and 70 I'd say. Maybe the film is aimed at a more mature audience?

---------- Post added at 23:29 ---------- Previous post was at 23:22 ----------

Trainspotting 2 - 7/10

Okay so not as good as the original but it was pretty funny and entertaining. The overall story isn't amazing but it's full of little moments and scenes that keep things going along nicely. Plenty of nods to the original and little flash backs to when they where younger, to help flesh out their characters, which explains some of their behaviour in the first film.

Fun film which a great soundtrack. Nowhere near as dark as the original.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 00:47   #4751
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

xXx 3 the return of Xander Cage 7/10

Good fun and enjoyable.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:48   #4752
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Personally our household are fans of the old style musicals of Hollywood's golden age Tinky.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:53   #4753
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

I watched Batman v Superman ultimate edition again, and don't think it was anywhere near as bad as people made out.

I think it was pretty good, and Afflecks Batman is the best incarnation in my opinion.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:43   #4754
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Appleseed Ex Machina 8/10 Second film in the trilogy. Again beautiful CGI animation but perhaps a little Matrix like in places especially the drone killing scene. Nice idea about wearable / implanted tech making people into zombie like creatures on receipt of a control signal.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:55   #4755
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Lol, when i got the email notification and read your post you should have seen my face light up. I thought you was talking about a sequel to Ex Machina with Alicia Vikander and i said to myself "HOW DID YOU MISS THIS!!!"
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote