Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 19-01-2017, 20:34   #4726
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Momento (2000) 4/10 the most back to front confusing film I have seen for ages.
If you have the original DVD there is a way to watch the film in chronological sequence. Some easter egg in the menu where you have to push various buttons. I found the film to be worse when watched in sequence!
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-01-2017, 01:44   #4727
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Underworld: Blood Wars - 5/10

5th instalment of the Underworld saga. Think you need to be a fan of the series to enjoy this one. Nothing new or exciting as such, pretty much just more of the same. Plot wasn't great, action scenes okay. I won't bother watching it again when it hits the likes of Netlix or Freeview. Even my wife who loves the series thought it was a let down.

If you like a film with a simple plot, over the top fighting scenes, eye candy and vampires you might just love this
Old 20-01-2017, 09:24   #4728
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

I've been binge watching the underworld series in preparation of this.

! & 2 are fine (i'll not include the prequel as that's kinda stand alone)

Holy **** 3 is bad, I was hoping that this new one would at least take it back to 1 & 2's level.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 12:12   #4729
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Appleseed - First of the trilogy. 9/10 Animation (CGI) is breathtakingly beautiful but I'm glad I read the synopsis otherwise it could have been somewhat confusing.

Nice to have the original Japanese language track together with subtitles.

Old 22-01-2017, 16:44   #4730
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Manchester by the Sea - 8/10

Very good film but a harrowing one
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 05:00   #4731
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Return of Xander Cage - 9/10

This was just awsome, lot's of action and humour as well.

I havent seen the previous two Zander/XXX films, but now I want to. ...

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 22:47   #4732
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

As revision for a potential cinema trip this weekend just watched Trainspotting, I've only seen it once or twice before, and last time must have been about 10-15 years ago! Really enjoyed it, forgot how exciting, funny, and horrible it is, still WWAW after all these years
8/10
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 23:16   #4733
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post

Don't hold massively high expectations for the second one, it's fun in it's own goofy way but compares very little to Vin Diesel's two.
Old 24-01-2017, 00:28   #4734
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post

XXX - 3 /10

I just watched the first XXX for the first time in nearly 15 years. I couldn't remember any of it so it was like watching a new movie. Boy it was terrible. Hasn't aged well at all. Poor effects, poor acting, poor script, poor story. The irony is it was so poor I started to enjoy it. Checked IMDB half way through and learned the film had a budget of $83 million, that's roughly $110 million in todays money. Found it fun to try and figure out what they spent the money on. I have come to the conclusion the studio was scammed.

My wife booked tickets to go and see XXX3 tomorrow night but has cancelled them. She stopped watching XXX about 70 mins in. Lucky her as the nonsense continued for another 65 mins. We're now going to see Jackie instead
Old 24-01-2017, 00:34   #4735
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I remember going to see xXx at the cinema, I loved it and thought it is what I always wanted James Bond to be. Pierce Brosnan did my head in and Daniel Craig brought the character back in line and made him a more realistic spy.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 01:40   #4736
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
My wife booked tickets to go and see XXX3 tomorrow night but has cancelled them.
Her loss.

Old 24-01-2017, 09:24   #4737
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Doctor Strange 3/10 didn't sit well with me, maybe that's just me though, just felt it was meh compared to the other MU stuff

Arrival
3/10

Nice idea, but soooo slow and dare I say it - boring
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 16:05   #4738
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
Arrival
3/10

Nice idea, but soooo slow and dare I say it - boring
You certainly may and as if all that wasn't enough I "just didn't get it"
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 20:19   #4739
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I thought Arrival was great! 8/10. It's not really about aliens visiting each so much as about language.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 21:54   #4740
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

I saw the trailers for Arrival and decided to stay well clear. Glad I did.